Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Out of Touch Politicians

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The next week of jerkoff politicians saying one thing and doing the opposite is going to incredible.

Politicians are mere reflections of the people. Close to 3 million passed through airports over the weekend. They ain’t all anti-maskers.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Politicians are mere reflections of the people. Close to 3 million passed through airports over the weekend. They ain’t all anti-maskers.

You don't have to be an anti masker to want to see your family on Thanksgiving. Tons of people (1/3 the US population) think it's worth the risk. They're just not issuing recommendations/mandates about it.

I disagree that politicians are mere reflections of the people. Maybe they have good intentions at first (highly doubtful in most cases) but after being warped by the system they are mere shadows of people.

I'll be honest...we will be driving from DFW to Houston the day after Thanksgiving.  My brother in law is getting married, and the missus feels bad that the other 3 siblings and their families, plus the mother in law, wont be attending.  Wont even drive near the airport...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

You don't have to be an anti masker to want to see your family on Thanksgiving. Tons of people (1/3 the US population) think it's worth the risk. They're just not issuing recommendations/mandates about it.

I disagree that politicians are mere reflections of the people. Maybe they have good intentions at first (highly doubtful in most cases) but after being warped by the system they are mere shadows of people.

No, they're not all anti-maskers and they certainly don't create policy. But I bet plenty of them have lectured the anti-maskers of the world about their misguided beliefs. And if you're going to lecture people like them, maybe it's best not to jump on a plane a few minutes later. I'm sure the politicians make some sort of justification for their hypocrisy, too.

"The people" like to think of themselves as better. But I've never believed that. Most of us are completely full of shit, who enable this kind of behavior so long as that politician is on the right side.