Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Rank ‘Em: MW Week 4

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

All right, I'll humor you.

1. Rocky's love has always been coaching defense, not running the whole show. He would never admit it but I have little doubt his HC interest was pretty much all about earning 3-4 times as much doing that job. Now he and his family are set for life financially.

2. Rocky would also never admit it but he's as unable to handle criticism from the media as is Donald Trump. Rocky isn't as verbal about it as Trump but the last couple years at SDSU it was sometimes embarrassing how he condescendingly dealt with members of the media during his press conferences. As a coordinator you never have to do pressers.

True... since he's been back, I've heard one interview with him. I'm paraphrasing here, but Danny Gonzales relayed a funny story about the media demands on him, and when he looked at Rocky, Rocky just smiled and said, you're busy, and just walked! LOL.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

I think Fresno is overrated in most of these rankings, but that will bear out over the next three weeks. 

Time will tell.  This coming week is a big test, really, for both teams.  Should Fresno be among the top tier challenging for the MWC title?  Is SJSU's start for real, are they really that good?  One game won't entirely answer those questions (maybe for FSU it will, since a second loss in conference makes it hard to position for the championship), but it may tell us more.

4 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

I think Fresno is overrated in most of these rankings, but that will bear out over the next three weeks. 

Agree. As much as it pains me, I think FS adds a second L to their schedule this week. That said, I am glad to see SJSU getting back to life. I enjoy the rivalry and hope they continue to strengthen their program.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

9 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Why would Rocky Long leave a HC position to be a DC?

Simple. His wife wanted to ride horses in the wide open spaces. But a better reason would be why would anyone want to pay 13% state income taxes? 

7 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

Um all these rankings have Fresno at 5 or 6. I won't say that is overrated. Heck to justify a 5-6 ranking we would just need to go 1-2 vs SDSU/Nevada/SJSU and 1-0 vs NM. Even if we just beat NM we would still be in the 6-7 range.

11 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

I always wondered what a rocky defense and ault offense would’ve done?

GREAT question and I bet both would have gotten along famously.

1. SJSU-Tenuous and short lived, FresTuckians will Urine Bomb them back to reality

2. SDSU

3. Nevada

4. Boise

5. Wyoming

6. Scouts

7. Hawaii

8. New Mexico

9. Fresno

10. Utah State

11. Sheep

12. Lower Nevada

9 hours ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Simple. His wife wanted to ride horses in the wide open spaces. But a better reason would be why would anyone want to pay 13% state income taxes? 

That’s actually misleading because that’s only on the position of his income over $1 million, which I’m not sure he made.

10 hours ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Viva Mexico!

16 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

It comes down to the OL.  Keep Haener upright and we can shred pretty much anyone.  Otherwise...Hawaii 2.0.

23 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Why would Rocky Long leave a HC position to be a DC?

Because that’s what he loves. In this case he can move home, do what he likes and help one of his star pupils. Those are things that matter to Rocky.