Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

The top six MWC teams in the standing will all be playing each other next Saturday

SATURDAY November 21

3-1 San Diego State AT 4-0 Nevada - 12:30 p.m. PT (1:30 p.m. MT) - Televised on the CBS Sports Network

4-0 San Jose State AT 3-1 Fresno State - 4 p.m. PT (5 p.m. MT) - Televised on the CBS Sports Network

3-1 Boise State AT 2-2 Hawaii - 6 p.m. HT (9 p.m. MT) - Televised on the CBS Sports Network

Nevada 4-0 - 4-0
San José State 4-0 - 4-0
Boise State 3-0 - 3-1
Fresno State 3-1 - 3-1
San Diego State 3-1 - 3-1
Hawai'i 2-2 - 2-2

I don't envy Hawaii and their schedule for the next three weeks.  They just got curb-stomped by San Diego State (34-10).   Their next game is home vs. 3-1 Boise State.  The next game after that for Hawaii is home vs. 4-0 Nevada and the game after that is AT 4-0 San Jose State.

Hawaii AT San Diego State - 10-34

Hawaii vs 3-1 Boise State - _______

Hawaii vs 4-0 Nevada - ________

Hawaii AT 4-0 San Jose State - ________

UH is a good program yet they cannot stop the run.

Watched Nevada last night, great QB as long as he is not running for his life.

Payback is next Saturday.

Next slate of games for Fresno are against San Jose, San Diego, at Nevada, at New Mexico. I'm glad we get San Jose and San Diego at home, not that homefield has any real advantage this year. This week will be very exciting.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

I've watched most of their games. The trick is don't let Dobbs get behind our defense--If we find ourselves asking, "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou," it will quickly become a tragedy scene with the curtains fading to black all around us!  Other than tracking Dobbs, we need to really limit Toa Taua's yards per carry and keep his total under 100.  Don't be fooled by their Qb's numbers; Dobbs is the guy--very tall, fast and the key! 

3 minutes ago, SPARTOM said:

I've watched most of their games. The trick is don't let Dobbs get behind our defense--If we find ourselves asking, "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou," it could quickly become a scene of tragedy with the curtain closing down on us!  Other than keeping track of Dobbs, we need really limit Toa Taua's yards per carry and total under 100, and we should be fine.  Don't be fooled by the Qb's numbers--Dobbs is the guy--very tall, fast and the key! 

"We?" Aztec fan here Spartacus...

We (SDSU) will paste the Nevada QB (see your starter for reference) and hopefully this time have the backup schemed. "We" (SDSU) didn't do that against our NOCAL counters "You."

5 minutes ago, SPARTOM said:

I've watched most of their games. The trick is don't let Dobbs get behind our defense--If we find ourselves asking, "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou," it will quickly become a tragedy scene with the curtains fading to black all around us!  Other than keeping track of Dobbs, we need really limit Toa Taua's yards per carry and total under 100, and we should be fine.  Don't be fooled by the Qb's numbers--Dobbs is the guy...very tall, fast and the key! 

Be happy Cooks is out for the season. But we have plenty of young playmakers who can move the chains and go long over the top as well.  Our o-line is still suspect though at many times I think Spartans front 4 will get pressure without the need to blitz. 

These last four weeks for the conference is turning out to be really exciting. Better than many of the past years.  Good luck to all.

Although I really want to beat Nevada because they really have had our number lately, I probably worry more about this Fresno game!  How come it seems like Ronnie Rivers has been playing there forever?  Now he gets another year; will the nightmare ever end? I'm so over watching that River snake around us unimpeded; it's time to stop the flow and dam it up, boys!

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

Next slate of games for Fresno are against San Jose, San Diego, at Nevada, at New Mexico. I'm glad we get San Jose and San Diego at home, not that homefield has any real advantage this year. This week will be very exciting.

The West has beaten up on the weak Mountain, now we start beating up each other.

52 minutes ago, SPARTOM said:

I've watched most of their games. The trick is don't let Dobbs get behind our defense--If we find ourselves asking, "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou," it will quickly become a tragedy scene with the curtains fading to black all around us!  Other than tracking Dobbs, we need to really limit Toa Taua's yards per carry and keep his total under 100.  Don't be fooled by their Qb's numbers; Dobbs is the guy--very tall, fast and the key! 

“Wherefore” actually means “why?” In that scene, Juliet is asking, “why are you Romeo?” as in “why did it have to be you?” If she had fallen for anyone else she’d be allowed to be happy, but it had to be Romeo. 

Romeo and Juliet is about two privileged 14-year-olds whose parents won’t let them date so they kill themselves. It’s not a love story at all. It’s about the dangers of myopia.

Anyway, back to football. I’m nervous about this Fresno game. They looked pretty dreadful against Hawaii, but as they’ve gotten more practice time, have bounced back nicely. Our defense has stepped up and our offense has mostly played mistake-free. Gonna need more of the same and maybe a bounce or two to go our way.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes.  I doubt the Hawaii game happens 

Honestly in a weird way that would help Boise. Why?

-in general COVID seems to take teams out for 2 weeks. That means Boise would miss @Hawaii and vs SJSU. 

-a one loss Boise could get left out of the MW champ game. And undefeated Boise cant. 

-5 conference games will be enough to qualify for the MW champ game (r/t more than 2 conference games being cancelled) 

So it is a bit easier to go 2-0 @UNLV and @WY than 4-0 @Hawaii, vs SJSU, @UNLV, @WY.  

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

“Wherefore” actually means “why?” In that scene, Juliet is asking, “why are you Romeo?” as in “why did it have to be you?” If she had fallen for anyone else she’d be allowed to be happy, but it had to be Romeo. 

Romeo and Juliet is about two privileged 14-year-olds whose parents won’t let them date so they kill themselves. It’s not a love story at all. It’s about the dangers of myopia.

Anyway, back to football. I’m nervous about this Fresno game. They looked pretty dreadful against Hawaii, but as they’ve gotten more practice time, have bounced back nicely. Our defense has stepped up and our offense has mostly played mistake-free. Gonna need more of the same and maybe a bounce or two to go our way.

Okay, I'm not an Old English or Shakespeare scholar, but still if we're left asking "WHY" is Dobbs there, we're still in trouble! :)

4 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

I watched the Nevada game as well.  I thought New Mexico was going to win that game until the 3rd quarter was over.  Then I knew Nevada was going to win it after outscoring NM 10-0 in the third quarter.   New Mexico did play well tho - for the majority of that game.  But 0-3 is still 0-3.

49 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Honestly in a weird way that would help Boise. Why?

-in general COVID seems to take teams out for 2 weeks. That means Boise would miss @Hawaii and vs SJSU. 

-a one loss Boise could get left out of the MW champ game. And undefeated Boise cant. 

-5 conference games will be enough to qualify for the MW champ game (r/t more than 2 conference games being cancelled) 

So it is a bit easier to go 2-0 @UNLV and @WY than 4-0 @Hawaii, vs SJSU, @UNLV, @WY.  

Last I heard about San Jose State (and the other CAL schools) is they weren't going to be ALLOWED (by the ultra-left-wing fools in government in Kookie-Fornia) to travel to Idaho.

The thinning of the herd begins.

The Bottom 6 also play each other.

:waiting:

Sparty has a tough row to hoe.

@ Fresno

@ Boise

Hawaii

Nevada

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

NERD!!! Keep the nerd talk on the nerd board!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 hours ago, SPARTOM said:

Okay, I'm not an Old English or Shakespeare scholar, but still if we're left asking "WHY" is Dobbs there, we're still in trouble! :)

Shakespeare wrote in modern English...

:ph34r:

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.