Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I hear a WOOSH?

OOC games/who do you want in NY6?

Guest #1Stunner
9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

It was a 2-1 like TP said. They offered the same deal to USF who accepted it.  

This sums up UCF in a nutshell:

lion-in-mirror2.jpeg

HA!  Great post!!

UCF has no rivalry history with Florida and really isn't in a position to negotiate.   You'd think they would have jumped at the offer.

They are a coward school that whines about not having the opportunity to play big teams.

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

@Did I hear a WOOSH?

Just take the deal with Florida and go show them. Why wouldn't you do that? Ridiculous. You're not above this stuff.

Above what stuff exactly? We are a g5 team, we need our home games.  We aren’t playing in a neutral stadium as our home game even if it’s in Orlando.  It’s a matter of practicality.  We make more hosting GT or UNC at home than going on the road to play Florida.  I’d love to play Florida but it doesn’t make sense for either side.  It makes sense for usf because they have to pay rent for their nfl stadium and can’t fill it anyway so why not capitalize on the jorts in Tampa? It’s a different circumstance, it’s also no coincidence that usf football is a joke.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

HA!  Great post!!

UCF has no rivalry history with Florida and really isn't in a position to negotiate.   You'd think they would have jumped at the offer.

They are a coward school that whines about not having the opportunity to play big teams.

It’s a great post until you find out that it’s wrong.

2 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Above what stuff exactly? We are a g5 team, we need our home games.  We aren’t playing in a neutral stadium as our home game even if it’s in Orlando.  It’s a matter of practicality.  We make more hosting GT or UNC at home than going on the road to play Florida.  I’d love to play Florida but it doesn’t make sense for either side.  It makes sense for usf because they have to pay rent for their nfl stadium and can’t fill it anyway so why not capitalize on the jorts in Tampa? It’s a different circumstance, it’s also no coincidence that usf football is a joke.

excuses excuses excuses. 

Your football program is clownshoes. 

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Wrong about what? Stricklin offered you dipshits a 2-1 and you didn't take it. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

How come UCF refuses to play Florida, though?

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Take the two for one, or the one and done, and go show them. You guys talk a big game but don't follow it up

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

G5 teams that aspire to greater things dont have that limited mindset.  Anywhere, anyplace, anytime.  Clearly, UCF talks a big game, but just as clearly wants it handed to them.  Shame, really.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

16 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You didn’t even address why we can’t give up the home game.  You aren’t looking at this objectively.

That's irrelevant in this case. You guys want the smoke, so go get the smoke. The revenue from one game can be made up by paying some FCS team to come another year.

I'm tired of hearing this horseshit from your fanbase. You guys had a chance to play, and you sit there and say no, hiding behind a weak revenue argument. You guys have the biggest G5 TV deal and think you're P6 so go get the smoke. I think they'd smoke you.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 11/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

BYU doesn’t count.  They aren’t eligible.  

BYU is definitely eligible for the NY6.  I didn't see any other qualifiers other than excluding MWC and AAC teams.  The title of the thread is "OOC games/who do you want in NY6?"

The opening post said this:

On 11/15/2020 at 12:14 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So with the loss of SMU to upstart Tulsa there’s a growing chance that if cincy drops a couple games that the aac may be out of the NY6. Who do you want to see in the NY6? Let’s make it interesting and presume no Mwc or aac team makes it. 

If you are limiting it to the G5 automatic bid, then say so.

14 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That's irrelevant in this case. You guys want the smoke, so go get the smoke. The revenue from one game can be made up by paying some FCS team to come another year.

I'm tired of hearing this horseshit from your fanbase. You guys had a chance to play, and you sit there and say no, hiding behind a weak revenue argument. You guys have the biggest G5 TV deal and think you're P6 so go get the smoke. I think they'd smoke you.

The only thing we said no to was a 2-0(neutral site).  That only makes sense to failing programs.  Everything else you’re hearing on the matter is the smoke you speak of.  The revenue aspect doesn’t work the way you think it does.  We make more from a home game with Louisville than we do from any fcs buy game.  So why not just schedule 1-1 with them? The economics just aren’t there for what you’re suggesting and whether you like it or not the economics come first so they’re very relevant.

You didn’t even address why we can’t give up the home game.  You aren’t looking at this objectively.

Boise played Georgia in their home state.  Played VT in front of 88k screaming hokie fans.

Its why UCFs best teams will never be and never were as respected as Boise's teams.  That and they had far less talent.

23 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The only thing we said no to was a 2-0(neutral site).  That only makes sense to failing programs.  Everything else you’re hearing on the matter is the smoke you speak of.  The revenue aspect doesn’t work the way you think it does.  We make more from a home game with Louisville than we do from any fcs buy game.  So why not just schedule 1-1 with them? The economics just aren’t there for what you’re suggesting and whether you like it or not the economics come first so they’re very relevant.

Stop talking to me like I don’t get it. Go get the smoke #soft

the Boise fans here used to try to explain this stuff to us as well, then they finally decided to go prove it. UCF is a soft program

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise playef Georgia in their home state.  Played VT in front of 88k screaming hokie fans.

Its why UCFs best teams will never be and never were as respected as Boise's teams.  That and they had far less talent.

That’s great for Boise.  UCF has done one and dones in the past, as recently as 2016 @ Michigan.  The new AD said they aren’t financially feasible for what we need to do anymore so I have to take him at his word.  

37 minutes ago, Pelado said:

BYU is definitely eligible for the NY6.  I didn't see any other qualifiers other than excluding MWC and AAC teams.  The title of the thread is "OOC games/who do you want in NY6?"

The opening post said this:

If you are limiting it to the G5 automatic bid, then say so.

The NY6 games are contracted bowls with the respective power 5 conferences.  The g5 are contracted a rotating spot but you have to be a conference champ to get it.  Are you suggesting BYU as an at large would supersede one of the spots contracted to the P5 or that they’d be eligible for the g5 spot?

28 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Stricklin offered UCF a home game. Your delusional/carnival barker AD turned it down. From the horse's mouth: 

"Top-10 programs don't schedule 2-for-1 series where the balance is not in their favor. Our growing fan base and our student-athletes deserve better than that."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25479055/florida-gators-ad-scott-stricklin-welcome-2-1-series-vs-ucf-knights

UF would beat UCF silly for what it's worth. Your revolution is over. The bums lost.