Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridgeview2

Mandalorian Season 2

19 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:
  Hide contents

When Mando flew back to Nevarro to speak with Cara Dune about breaking out Mayfield, I totally thought they were flying back to the planet Ahsoka was on to pick her up. I think in the next episode Mando breaks out Mayfield then tracks down Bo-Katan who picks up Moff Gideon's trail. This season finale is going to be epic and at the very end I think we'll see a glimpse of either Thrawn or Ezra.  

Spoiler

I'm really interested in what happens from here. Filoni hinted that the Rebels ending scene with Ahsoka and Sabine on Lothal might have actually taken place after Chapter 13. That could explain why Sabine wasn't with her, though if it took place prior to, Sabine could have just been off following up on something else. 

I'd actually love for the season finale to feature Thrawn making his return from the Unknown Regions and sending Gideon running. He could give Ahsoka and Sabine news on where they could find Ezra. I really wouldn't want him returning to have been the "big bad" behind Moff Gideon though, as re-forming the Empire or even portions of it like Gideon appears to be doing, doesn't really fit with Thrawn's MO or loyalties, since the Chiss Ascendency is what he truly cares about. 

I am damned excited to see Mayfield character make a return. The character was great in the prison break episode, so he should be really good here as well, especially with someone like Cara around to bitchslap him.

I'm also interested in whom (if anyone) Grogu was able to alert to his presence on Tythos. Cal Kestis? Ezra? The force ghosts of Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Kanan, or Anakin? Luke himself? 

21 hours ago, retrofade said:

Hide contents

I'm really interested in what happens from here. Filoni hinted that the Rebels ending scene with Ahsoka and Sabine on Lothal might have actually taken place after Chapter 13. That could explain why Sabine wasn't with her, though if it took place prior to, Sabine could have just been off following up on something else. 

I'd actually love for the season finale to feature Thrawn making his return from the Unknown Regions and sending Gideon running. He could give Ahsoka and Sabine news on where they could find Ezra. I really wouldn't want him returning to have been the "big bad" behind Moff Gideon though, as re-forming the Empire or even portions of it like Gideon appears to be doing, doesn't really fit with Thrawn's MO or loyalties, since the Chiss Ascendency is what he truly cares about. 

I am damned excited to see Mayfield character make a return. The character was great in the prison break episode, so he should be really good here as well, especially with someone like Cara around to bitchslap him.

I'm also interested in whom (if anyone) Grogu was able to alert to his presence on Tythos. Cal Kestis? Ezra? The force ghosts of Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Kanan, or Anakin? Luke himself? 

Spoiler

So I've been thinking. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are starting to dive deep into the lore goodie bag. What if the Jedi that comes to Grogu's rescue is Kyle Katarn? We have Dark Troopers now and Moff Gideon looks like he's straight out of Dark Forces. Jon and Dave are on a mission to get the older fans back on board.

My guess is Thrawn and Moff Gideon are rivals since their personalities are polar opposites. Those under Thrawn's command loved him for his tactical abilities. Moff Gideon only leads out of fear. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I didn't watch Rebels exhaustively but why is Ezra something to be excited about. He seemed weak sauce and uncompelling. What am I missing?

Because Ezra got to be pretty damned awesome and powerful by the end of Rebels. He was so much different than the kid we saw in the first episode and first season even. 

The last episode was epic IMO, but I've generally enjoyed this season, there have been times when I couldn't help but think/feel Favreau was mailing it in and treating Grogu as a mini-mute Jar Jar. Plus, as much as I was a fan of Gina Carano in the octagon, I'm not a fan of her acting. :shrug:

There has been a lot more positive than negative, and I'm excited to see where the season goes from here, but to date Season 2 has been a little hit-and-miss for me at times.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Because Ezra got to be pretty damned awesome and powerful by the end of Rebels. He was so much different than the kid we saw in the first episode and first season even. 

oh, alright.  Maybe me and the kids will get a legit start on the series so I can get caught up.

I did see the Vader/Ezra/Ahsoka confrontation though and Vader dismissed him like a biatch. Wasn't that toward the end of the series?

16 minutes ago, toonkee said:

oh, alright.  Maybe me and the kids will get a legit start on the series so I can get caught up.

I did see the Vader/Ezra/Ahsoka confrontation though and Vader dismissed him like a biatch. Wasn't that toward the end of the series?

That was at the end of Season Two.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

Ezra is pretty annoying in season 1 and 2. He's a cocky little shit in the beginning of season 3 then is badass towards back half of season 3 and into season 4. Honestly, it took me a second watch of the series to really like it. 

51 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Ezra is pretty annoying in season 1 and 2. He's a cocky little shit in the beginning of season 3 then is badass towards back half of season 3 and into season 4. Honestly, it took me a second watch of the series to really like it. 

Yeah, I couldn't get into it. Guess I have to power through to get to the good stuff. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hell yeah! Sequels never happened!

Spoiler

This is the shit I've been waiting for. I love that they have taken samples from every piece of Star Wars media and stuffed it into the Mandalorian. Dark Troopers from Dark Forces, Legends Luke, Operation Cinder from Battlefront 2, Ahsoka from Clone Wars/Rebels, Bo-Katan from Clone Wars. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have done a masterful job to bring Star Wars back. The ending scene with Djarin saying goodbye to Grogu made me tear up a bit. 

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Why do you think that? 

Because they’re terrible and the show keeps giving us outs to ignore them until it doesn’t. They ain’t killing the cute puppet. And since 50 years only makes him a toddler, another 20 ain’t gonna leave him grown enough to fend off Kylo Ren when he goes nuts.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Because they’re terrible and the show keeps giving us outs to ignore them until it doesn’t. They ain’t killing the cute puppet. And since 50 years only makes him a toddler, another 20 ain’t gonna leave him grown enough to fend off Kylo Ren when he goes nuts.

There is nothing in this episode that contradicts anything in the sequels. We don't know the future of grogu.... I do t think he's do e on the show. Hell end up elsewhere misr likely so he's not going to be killed by kylo...... Regardless of out feelings on the sequels they are here to stay. 

3 minutes ago, tspoke said:

There is nothing in this episode that contradicts anything in the sequels. We don't know the future of grogu.... I do t think he's do e on the show. Hell end up elsewhere misr likely so he's not going to be killed by kylo...... Regardless of out feelings on the sequels they are here to stay. 

If they can just hand wave Boba getting eaten in the sarlac pit, I can cancel out the future mistakes. Go full Legend of Zelda, Favreau. Embrace the new timeline.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If they can just hand wave Boba getting eaten in the sarlac pit, I can cancel out the future mistakes. Go full Legend of Zelda, Favreau. Embrace the new timeline.

To be fair, with what we know now, if anyone is going to get out of the sarlac pit it's a mandalorian. I buy that boba could with all his tools and armor.

Spoiler

When I saw the x wing I yelled it's Luke! and my wife and kids were like...no way. Then the green light saber and I was like that's Luke!, and they were like nah, and then I was like the black glove on the right hand! and they were still like... can't be.

It was rad to see Luke so powerful and vital. When he force crushed that dark trooper...that was dope.

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Hide contents

When I saw the x wing I yelled it's Luke! and my wife and kids were like...no way. Then the green light saber and I was like that's Luke!, and they were like nah, and then I was like the black glove on the right hand! and they were still like... can't be.

It was rad to see Luke so powerful and vital. When he force crushed that dark trooper...that was dope.

I’m assuming the similarities between that scene in the season finale and THAT scene from Rogue One were not an accident.

21 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Good news is we will most likely learn how boba survived the sarlacc pit December 2021. 

Everyone did stay through the credits right?