Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridgeview2

Mandalorian Season 2

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

What did you say to become unemployed? You seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands since returning to this board. Please don’t start being the board Nazi again. 

whelp, thanks for reminding me why I left.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

Josh Allen's tweets that he...

posted while playing with the bills

that he got flack for and that Sean McDermott had to step in and go to bat for him

that he doubled down on comparing himself to victims of the holocaust

all the while being about as important as, uh, Isaiah McKenzie while the, uh, Josh Allen of the Mandolorian, Pedro Pascal, had a sister come out as trans that day

during a, like, 4 month period?

Dude just stop lying to yourself. Sometimes people who happen to be conservative get fired because they acted like shitheels. Same with liberals. If you make common cause with every single person who says "I AM CONSERVATIVE" you are going to have some exceptionally shitty bedfellows. 

I'm so glad I did not have a twitter or facebook account in Highschool.

Shiiiiit.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm so glad I did not have a twitter or facebook account in Highschool.

Shiiiiit.

No shit. My "memories" from facebook are just a nice encapsulation of how cringy I find my own self just 9-15 years ago. It makes me laugh at all of the gen z/millennial/boomer comparison articles. There's some generation differences, but there's also just... differences between 60 year olds, 35 year olds, and 18 year olds. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

No shit. My "memories" from facebook are just a nice encapsulation of how cringy I find my own self just 9-15 years ago. It makes me laugh at all of the gen z/millennial/boomer comparison articles. There's some generation differences, but there's also just... differences between 60 year olds, 35 year olds, and 18 year olds. 

Same, some of my memories, most all the none outdoor ones are sooo bad.  From not that long ago.

I said things to my friends as a 15-18 year old kid that would absolutely get me cancelled today.  Glad I thought Facebook was just a fad that would pass until I was 20.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Same, some of my memories, most all the none outdoor ones are sooo bad.  From not that long ago.

I said things to my friends as a 15-18 year old kid that would absolutely get me cancelled today.  Glad I thought Facebook was just a fad that would pass until I was 20.

Yeah facebook going from tinder:transparency version to the baby picture archive x conspiracy corner was.... not what I was expecting.

I read something that said that future media/culture is going to view our use of social media the same way we view 1950s smoking or not wearing seatbelts. All I could think was "god I sure hope so"

10 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah facebook going from tinder:transparency version to the baby picture archive x conspiracy corner was.... not what I was expecting.

I read something that said that future media/culture is going to view our use of social media the same way we view 1950s smoking or not wearing seatbelts. All I could think was "god I sure hope so"

I miss the days when Facebook was just meant to post selfies and add hot people to try and bang.

A lot more fun than scrolling past inane political ramblings.  

I also remember when the point of vacation or camping was to relax and get away, not flex on social media.

Kids these days.

As the oldest millennial, i remember when I needed my UW email to login to Facebook and the controversy when they began to allow high school emails. Then the horror of the facebook feed happening. People freaking out that what they said and did just showed up on each others main site and they didn't have to go to each others page to see what they are doing(like Myspace). Everyone freaked out about the lack of privacy and thought it would be the end of Facebook having a public feed. Now look at us and everything we share and want the world to see. MAybe those people that predicted the feed would end facebook should have been right.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

As the oldest millennial, i remember when I needed my UW email to login to Facebook and the controversy when they began to allow high school emails. Then the horror of the facebook feed happening. People freaking out that what they said and did just showed up on each others main site and they didn't have to go to each others page to see what they are doing(like Myspace). Everyone freaked out about the lack of privacy and thought it would be the end of Facebook having a public feed. Now look at us and everything we share and want the world to see. MAybe those people that predicted the feed would end facebook should have been right.

Not to mention having everything (EVERYTHING) restricted by what network you were in

Man Facebook really traded usability for size,  didn't it?