Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

There's only ONE Mtn West Conference game today I wanted to watch

Yet for reasons unknown to me I can not watch that game as the Hawaii AT San Diego State game is NOT being televised on either of the two Fox Sports channels OR on the CBS Sports Network.  Instead it's being televised on the Hawaii only channel called Spectrum Sports and a local channel in San Diego, CA. (Yurview?).  I would have thought that the CBS Sports Network or either one of the two Fox Sports would have LOVED to have that game on their network(s).   Instead the only people who will be watch it today will be people in Hawaii or in San Diego.  How does it make any sense for the Mtn. West Conference - which has a contract with CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports - to ALLOW this game to be televised locally only?

The three other MWC games today are uninteresting at best.  Namely Fresno State AT Utah State (Fresno favored by 10 points),  Nevada vs. New Mexico in Las Vegas, NV (Nevada favored by 17.5 points) and UNLV AT San Jose State (San Jose State favored by 15.5 points).

45 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Yet for reasons unknown to me I can not watch that game as the Hawaii AT San Diego State game is NOT being televised on either of the two Fox Sports channels OR on the CBS Sports Network.  Instead it's being televised on the Hawaii only channel called Spectrum Sports and a local channel in San Diego, CA. (Yurview?).  I would have thought that the CBS Sports Network or either one of the two Fox Sports would have LOVED to have that game on their network(s).   Instead the only people who will be watch it today will be people in Hawaii or in San Diego.  How does it make any sense for the Mtn. West Conference - which has a contract with CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports - to ALLOW this game to be televised locally only?

The three other MWC games today are uninteresting at best.  Namely Fresno State AT Utah State (Fresno favored by 10 points),  Nevada vs. New Mexico in Las Vegas, NV (Nevada favored by 17.5 points) and UNLV AT San Jose State (San Jose State favored by 15.5 points).

You can still get Spectrum through Dish, Roku and probably others.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

You can stream it on the Team1Sports app.  Make sure you allow location services so the app knows you're not in Hawaii where it's not available.  You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

The programs biggest continual failure sits within the Assistant AD/"Marketing" moron Steve Schnell. Why that guy still has a job is beyond reason.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@#1Stunnerand @robe— why hasn’t BYUtv approached Hawaii about an exclusive sports tv package? With your church’s influence in Polynesian culture, seems like a no brainer win win.

It’s a good idea. We would have to pony up 2 to 3 million just to match the PPV. Hawaii has good ratings when they play BYU. It usually beats BSU for some reason. 

I’d like to add Hawaii to the yearly matchups. It originally was until Chow arrived. 

BSU has really grown on me. You guys are the premier program in the west. We are lucky to have you as a yearly matchup.

We used to show BYU-Hawaii basketball games. Of course we show WCC games on it too. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

You can stream it on the Team1Sports app.  Make sure you allow location services so the app knows you're not in Hawaii where it's not available.  You're welcome.

This is how I’ve been watching Hawaii games living on the Mainland or if the game is not on national tv.  Team1Sports app.  It’s free.  

5 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Download the free ‘Team1Sports’ app. Then at the bottom of the app, hit the ‘live/upcoming’ tab. Its listed as a 1:15pm start time there.

edit: i think one or two more people need to tell you to download the app though...:P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

This is the way.

Xzfex0T.jpg