Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Liberty’s Freeze Gets Extension of $3 mil year to 2026

That makes him the 3rd highest paid G5 coach only behind Houston and Cincy @ $3.2 mil and $3.6, respectively. If you include all the P5’s, the deal is ranked #52.  It would rank #7 in the PAC-12.

His original deal was $2 mil per year. This is how you fast track a recent FCS school to a P5 level football program. If their Basketball gets good, I’m sure the ACC will seriously take a look at them. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/hugh-freeze-agrees-to-contract-extension-at-liberty/

kat.jpg

I interviewed Hugh Freeze when I worked for Scout.com and he was (briefly) Mike MacIntyre's offensive coordinator at San Jose State in 2010. A great Southern guy. Glad he's experiencing the success his school is having. I wish he could have stayed at SJSU with MacIntyre, but a personal family issue forced him to return to Arkansas. 

Champ Logo.jpg

39 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Even though the ACC has religious institutions, I think they are far too liberal (and too snooty) to give Liberty a sniff--unless Liberty starts to be Notre Dame--but we're talking decades down the road.

Liberty is not academically secular like others, they're the byu* of the East. No chance a P5 would ever take them, little chance of an invite by anyone other than the Sunbelt or MAYBE C-USA.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Alright, I must confess....I threw the ACC part in there to troll our fellow religious bigots on the board. And as usual, they didn’t disappoint. 🤪🤪🤪😝🤣😂👍

Their best shot is Indy like Notre Dame and BYU. Even if the ACC were rumored to be thinking about it, you’d have the LGBT-UVWXYZ Culture Nazi’s threatening the ACC just like they did to the B12 for considering BYU. It’s too bad these conferences are so politically correct that they wouldn’t add a school without ‘LGBT Certification’. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Alright, I must confess....I threw the ACC part in there to troll our fellow religious bigots on the board. And as usual, they didn’t disappoint. 🤪🤪🤪😝🤣😂👍

Their best shot is Indy like Norte Dame and BYU. Even if the ACC were rumored to be thinking about it, you’d have the LGBT-UVWXYZ Culture Nazi’s threatening the ACC just like they did to the B12 for considering BYU. It’s too bad these conferences are so politically correct that they wouldn’t add a school without ‘LGBT Certification’. 

Yes, this is the ONLY reason why they wouldn't extend an invitation to Liberty.  I always laugh at those who believe that the P5 conferences are just chomping at the bit to invite more schools.  

On 11/14/2020 at 3:20 AM, Nevada Convert said:

That makes him the 3rd highest paid G5 coach only behind Houston and Cincy @ $3.2 mil and $3.6, respectively. If you include all the P5’s, the deal is ranked #52.  It would rank #7 in the PAC-12.

His original deal was $2 mil per year. This is how you fast track a recent FCS school to a P5 level football program. If their Basketball gets good, I’m sure the ACC will seriously take a look at them. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/hugh-freeze-agrees-to-contract-extension-at-liberty/

ACC? Absolutely not.  AAC?  Maybe, it would give them VA.

3 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Every school admits any athlete they want regardless of their grades/SAT scores 

That is definitely not true in the PAC 12. 

Liberty would definitely be a great add for the AAC, but I doubt it happens. It is ironic that the most conservative Christian school has had recent sexual scandals with both their president and football coach.

Liberty's best shot at a Conference is probably the Belt or CUSA.

Hugh will leave the moment a Southern P5 school offers him a job. They all do. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Oral Roberts basketball: 1974 NCAA Tournament[edit]

ORU, in just its eighth season of varsity competition, made the big show and almost stole the show, coming within three points of advancing to the Final Four. The Titans finished the regular season 21-5 before receiving the NCAA bid and then proceeded to knock off Syracuse 86-82 in overtime in the sub-Regional in Denton, Texas in the first round and Louisville 96-93 at the Mabee Center to move on to the Elite Eight. ORU's dream season came to an end on its home floor, however, as Kansas overcame a nine-point deficit in the game's final minutes to send it to overtime, where the Jayhawks won 93-90. ORU, at 23-6, won 20-plus games for the fifth straight season, closing out Ken Trickey's five-year coaching stay with an incredible 118-23 record. ORU averaged 94.6 points, the fifth straight season over the 90-point mark under Trickey, whose running style helped revolutionize offensive basketball from then on. Junior guard Sam McCants paced the Titans with a 24.0 scoring average, while senior forward Eddie Woods completed a standout four-year career by leading the team with a 12.1 rebounding average. The Titans finished 18th in the final Associated Press ranking, the second time in three years placing in the Top Twenty.

I had just graduated HS at the time and rooted for that Cinderella team. ORU had put a ton of money into its hoops program in order to bring national visibility to the school and it worked great as they went on to four more NCAA or NIT appearances within the decade. However, after that Final Four appearance a big boy program hired away their coach and alumni gradually began being weary of writing checks to support the program.

Prediction: The current football version of Liberty U is ORU 2.0. Given that ORU is a member of the Summit League with Purdue Fort Wayne, the other SDSU and similar schools, their ceiling is membership in CUSA.

3 hours ago, bigd said:

That is definitely not true in the PAC 12. 

Liberty would definitely be a great add for the AAC, but I doubt it happens. It is ironic that the most conservative Christian school has had recent sexual scandals with both their president and football coach.

There’s zero interest in Liberty, their administration is more notoriously undesirable than BYU.  They aren’t popular at all.