Jump to content
Fort Fun

New era of USMNT soccer kicks off today

Recommended Posts

For those who care, USA plays Wales today at 12:45 mountain time.

All of our young guns (minus Pulisic) are playing, some making their USA debuts:

 

This is the USA's first game in months and Wales has been playing some in the Nations League, so I wouldn't expect much of a result. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whelp, the Lletget as the false 9 experiment bit us. Luckily I don't think we'll be seeing it again.

Really strong first half, slightly meh second half. Still really excited about this team 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Praying to soccer gods that Yunus Musah decides to stick with the US. Probably the second best player on the field tonight behind McKinnie and only 17-years old. 

Greggg Berhalter can recruit but I'm not sold on him as a tactician. How does Lletget as false 9 even enter his thought process as a viable option? I'm assuming (hoping?) Berhalter would have made a change sooner in a real game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was Lletget doing there anyway?  Wasn't this a non MLS euro roster?  He does things good like hold the ball up but I don't want him near the ball in the box.  This new US coach hasn't shown me brightness or understanding of his available talent.  Reyna on the wing is not smart either watching what the kid does in Germany.   Crazy talent for a US squad but that coach may hold them back.    Pulisic would have made a difference today too.   Like what I saw a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, roughrider said:

What was Lletget doing there anyway?  Wasn't this a non MLS euro roster?  He does things good like hold the ball up but I don't want him near the ball in the box.  This new US coach hasn't shown me brightness or understanding of his available talent.  Reyna on the wing is not smart either watching what the kid does in Germany.   Crazy talent for a US squad but that coach may hold them back.    Pulisic would have made a difference today too.   Like what I saw a lot.

 

Galaxy missed the playoffs, so they called him in

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sebasour said:

 

Galaxy missed the playoffs, so they called him in

He doesn't suck but he's not a forward or fake 9 or whatever they had him doing.  And he's not good enough in the midfield to take Adams, McKennie, Musuh out.   If this is Euro camp, it doesn't make sense to call hum in, let alone start him,  unless he's being forced into the lineup by Berhalter or Garber or ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, roughrider said:

He doesn't suck but he's not a forward or fake 9 or whatever they had him doing.  And he's not good enough in the midfield to take Adams, McKennie, Musuh out.   If this is Euro camp, it doesn't make sense to call hum in, let alone start him,  unless he's being forced into the lineup by Berhalter or Garber or ?

 

It didn't work but I can kind of see the logic. Jozy, Ferreria, and Zardes have MLS Playoffs while Sargent was asked to stay with his club. Our forward options were guys playing in the 2nd tiers of France and Holland, levels that are below MLS.

 

I could see why you'd try a false 9 with a converted midfielder, though I would have rather seen Reyna play the role but oh well. I do think we should just try a traditional forward on Monday though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, sebasour said:

 

It didn't work but I can kind of see the logic. Jozy, Ferreria, and Zardes have MLS Playoffs while Sargent was asked to stay with his club. Our forward options were guys playing in the 2nd tiers of France and Holland, levels that are below MLS.

 

I could see why you'd try a false 9 with a converted midfielder, though I would have rather seen Reyna play the role but oh well. I do think we should just try a traditional forward on Monday though.

 

OT: Zardes went to Cal State Bakersfield.  Ya never know where ballers will pop up

 

TFRBIMFWBDOQPVU.20110828042726.jpg.de0c846e02e34b4e5ad6a2eda80d4642.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...