Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

TBSUF vs TCSUF 2020 Official Game Thread

5 minutes ago, robe said:

Thanks BSU we are basically a lock for NY6 now if we win out. 

I said it in the game thread, and I’ll do it again, don’t piss down your leg...

I have no doubt BYU will receive nothing less than an at large bid if it wins out...

...but beware, sometimes that awesome journey doesn’t mean jack shit unless you actually finish the season undefeated or win that bowl game...

I promise you, it’s a thing...

New-Signature.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I said it in the game thread, and I’ll do it again, don’t piss down your leg...

I have no doubt BYU will receive nothing less than an at large bid if it wins out...

...but beware, sometimes that awesome journey doesn’t mean jack shit unless you actually finish the season undefeated or win that bowl game...

I promise you, it’s a thing...

Very true Jeff. SDSU is a team not to be overlooked. 

BSU has an amazing history of great season and is best program in the west over the last 20 years. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, robe said:

Very true Jeff. SDSU is a team not to be overlooked. 

BSU has an amazing history of great season and is best program in the west over the last 20 years. 

Cowboy Junky (aka @The Ghost of Jack Graham) is going to cut you for saying that. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Why is Bachmeier still in the game?

When your starter hasn't gotten snaps, you give him some live action experience when you can...gotta knock that rust off!

It'll be interesting to see if there's a mid-season QB battle though! #theresmoreforyoulifewith(Jack)Sears

I SWEAR I saw the following players for Boise State playing in the game last night vs Colorado State.

# 49 - A punter - who I now know is a true freshman walk-on punter from Honolulu, HI, named Keola Downing

# 66 - ON DEFENSE...........i.e.., NOT offensive lineman Ben Dooley.

No such person is listed on the Boise State football roster.  Does any Boise fan know who this "other" # 66 might be on DEFENSE?

There was a third mystery player out there playing last night but I can't recall the number right now.

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Should have worn those last week instead of those nasty black things you had on.

I like the white/white look Boise has. That is crisp.

By my count Boise State has worn those gawd-awful BLACK uniforms twice vs. B.Y.U and Boise State is 0-2 in those two games.  Maybe someone ought to take note of that and never again wear uniforms that are the color of the IDAHO VANDALS.   Stick with Orange, Blue and White, i.e., the actual school colors.

19 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

When your starter hasn't gotten snaps, you give him some live action experience when you can...gotta knock that rust off!

It'll be interesting to see if there's a mid-season QB battle though! #theresmoreforyoulifewith(Jack)Sears

The risks of him getting hurt in garbage time outweigh the benefit of more snaps.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

I SWEAR I saw the following players for Boise State playing in the game last night vs Colorado State.

# 49 - A punter - who I now know is a true freshman walk-on punter from Honolulu, HI, named Keola Downing

# 66 - ON DEFENSE...........i.e.., NOT offensive lineman Ben Dooley.

No such person is listed on the Boise State football roster.  Does any Boise fan know who this "other" # 66 might be on DEFENSE?

There was a third mystery player out there playing last night but I can't recall the number right now.

It was Dooley.  He switched to defense due to injuries on the D Line.

50 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I’m still ride or die with Hank, I don’t want him transferring.  

Jack can find a P5 job after this season.  

Bro, you'd better buckle your seat-belt...

My goodness, that kid might have brass balls, but his noodle's gonna be reduced to little more than soggy lo mein if he can't quit taking multiple head-shots damn near every game - no joking..

I seriously worry for his safety every single snap...

.. and I've never once been overtly worried for another player's safety - sans Emmitt Smith...

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

I’m still ride or die with Hank, I don’t want him transferring.  

Jack can find a P5 job after this season.  

Interestingly enough, I feel the exact opposite way. Jack just has the “it” factor. Hank still has the same issues last night that he had all of last season, holds onto the ball too long, not quick enough with his decisions and too many errant passes. Jack is just the overall better quarterback in my opinion. Not to mention that Jack is the higher ranked recruit out of the two and in fact, the highest ranked quarterback recruit to ever play for us.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The risks of him getting hurt in garbage time outweigh the benefit of more snaps.

I see your logic and would normally agree, but I think the coaches have a tough decision to make at QB and needed to see their original starter in game situations more than the normal scenario.

I mean it was kind of telling when last night they showed Fennegan's stats against BYU that were approximately equal to Hank's stats against CSU.

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Should have worn those last week instead of those nasty black things you had on.

I like the white/white look Boise has. That is crisp.

100% factual...

If it's me, I send that team out in Blue and call it a day...

No reason to reinvent the wheel.....

New-Signature.jpg

31 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Interestingly enough, I feel the exact opposite way. Jack just has the “it” factor. Hank still has the same issues last night that he had all of last season, holds onto the ball too long, not quick enough with his decisions and too many errant passes. Jack is just the overall better quarterback in my opinion. Not to mention that Jack is the higher ranked recruit out of the two and in fact, the highest ranked quarterback recruit to ever play for us.

I'm forced to agree with your statements, bolded above...

To me, it's not so much the passes being completed with velocity and accuracy, but watch his mechanics throughout his reads and while he's forced to step into the pocket or adjust.  His mechanics seriously blow me away...

To me, the innate accuracy just seems like a very nice cherry on top...

Hank's a trooper, and his performance against FSU down there was legendary, but he just can't protect himself, and that indicates an underlying problem, which is cause for more than substantial concern...

Again, love his toughness, nobody ever said he's not a tank, but at this level, he just can't be holding the ball and taking those shots...  He'd get seriously injured in the NFL without some serious work with a competent QB staff...

JMO...

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Bro, you'd better buckle your seat-belt...

My goodness, that kid might have brass balls, but his noodle's gonna be reduced to little more than soggy lo mein if he can't quit taking multiple head-shots damn near every game - no joking..

I seriously worry for his safety every single snap...

.. and I've never once been overtly worried for another player's safety - sans Emmitt Smith...

This kid walked into Doak as a true freshman and rallied his team to a win. 

He missed most of last year, so in a sense he’s still a true freshman.  Give him time, he’ll learn.