Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Parler

At the end of the day, I am not hopeful.  I expect us as a society to become more polarized, not less.  A lot of creating boogeyman and demonization, not much civil discourse.  In this regard, MWCBOARD has been pretty good at times, other times not so much.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

18 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I thought it was South.  I bet there is some good Mexican food in that town.

Mea culpa. When I get near Fresno my mind automatically goes into neutral.

Since we're talking great Mexican food, if you ever happen to be in Brawley down by the border there's a little family owned place with killer carne asada.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Joe from WY said:

Yeah it's down by Reedley I think. The Valley is God's Country for Mexican food...im sure it's no exception. 

As a side note, I'd say my favorite Mexican place in the Valley is Taqueria San Jose in Modesto. The one off Briggsmore/Orangeburg is my favorite branch for nostalgia purposes, but the one on Coffee up by Sylvan Ave. in the old Taco Bell is great too. 

On 11/15/2020 at 6:54 PM, modestobulldog said:

Taqueria San Jose is great, my favorite is same, with Riverbank #3. What is your favorite meal?  Mine is chile verde plate.  

On 11/15/2020 at 7:20 PM, Joe from WY said:

Three Asada tacos and a side of rice. The Fajitas are great there too though. 

I am jealous of @SalinasSpartan, lucky bastard has easy access to Gutierrez Drive In, best damn Chili Colorado ever.

https://g.co/kgs/9EjCrW

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Can only imagine the amount of lies, delusion and epic stupidity that must be on the Parler thing :blink:

As is on every platform.  Diversity of viewpoints and platforms is a good thing.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Twitter, & Facebook don't have any of that? 

Ok, let me explain........yes, facebook & twitter, they have both sides of the idiocy...........Parler caters to one side of the idiocy that it was designed to cater to - An echo chamber for the mentally deficient ...........facebook & twitter has avenues where you can avoid the stupidity.............Parler was created to advance stupidity 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

I am jealous of @SalinasSpartan, lucky bastard has easy access to Gutierrez Drive In, best damn Chili Colorado ever.

https://g.co/kgs/9EjCrW

I have never tried this place to be honest, but I’m definitely going to check it out now based on the recommendation. 

38 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Ok, let me explain........yes, facebook & twitter, they have both sides of the idiocy...........Parler caters to one side of the idiocy that it was designed to cater to - An echo chamber for the mentally deficient ...........facebook & twitter has avenues where you can avoid the stupidity.............Parler was created to advance stupidity 

You know that referring to people who think differently than you politically as "mentally deficient" only shows the lack of confidence you have in your own beliefs. 

Just sayin 

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Social media removes content, then when caught, says that that is not exactly true and to trust them, and just contact them.  It's like they have seen this before.  And didn't they give even more of their personal info for this? 

Welcome to social media kiddos.  Soon your posts will be collected and sold too. :rotflmfao:

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Social media removes content, then when caught, says that that is not exactly true and to trust them, and just contact them.  It's like they have seen this before.  And didn't they give even more of their personal info for this? 

Welcome to social media kiddos.  Soon your posts will be collected and sold too. :rotflmfao:

#FireMugtang!

So. Parler made a giant boo boo today.

They embedded hard-coded credentials and SALT keys into one of their API endpoints. It got exposed today, and uhm, yeah. I don't know how the hell you let something like that happen.  If they were truly hacked as a result of this, then I wouldn't be surprised if things like SS# were stored in cleartext in their DB, since you can't even access things like DMs unless you send them your SS# and a picture of you, a caption, and your driver's license/ID. 

Phucking amateur hour.