Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Parler

twitter is too mean to conservatives, so someone else launched another microblogging platform (there's several out there, i believe) for conservatives to join and talk without -- um, fear? -- of having their tweets tagged as misleading or removed.

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

twitter is too mean to conservatives, so someone else launched another microblogging platform (there's several out there, i believe) for conservatives to join and talk without -- um, fear? -- of having their tweets tagged as misleading or removed.

I think Parler is a replacement for Facebook which too often but labels or removed right wing fake notes.   

It's a conservative-oriented replacement for Facebook and Twitter. 

Dan Bongino apparently now has an ownership stake in it now as well. Bongino is a perfect example of Trumpism in today's world. He described his political philosophy as "My entire life right now is about owning the libs. That's it". 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's a conservative-oriented replacement for Facebook and Twitter. 

Dan Bongino apparently now has an ownership stake in it now as well. Bongino is a perfect example of Trumpism in today's world. He described his political philosophy as "My entire life right now is about owning the libs. That's it". 

Yeah it’s basically civil war without the guns....  

Here is what a reasonable Republican friend sent to me........

It's not about the fraud that did or did not occur on either side. The security and integrity of the process has been cast aside.  No ID needed to vote (opposed by dems for years).  Now we send unrequested ballots through the mail to everyone on the roles. We don't know who got them or who filled them out. Nothing secure or reliable about that. 
I'm not calling dems communists because of the election results, but changing the process and rules under the guise of COVID...very communist. Also,
1. The democrats have nationalized one of the largest industries in the nation, one that every American depends on. It's easy for communists to control the commoners when they are dependent on the communist government. 
2.  Dems are off the charts in their commitment to increase gun control. Just read it is a priority for Biden & Harris to end all on line gun and ammunition sales. All communist governments keep guns out of the hands of their people. 
3. Biden's plan and the goal of dems is redistribution of wealth through government "programs". That means the government gets the money first, they take their generous cut and then pass on the leftovers to the general populace who is dependent on them.  Typical of communists they set themselves up to get the money and power. Then all they have to do is keep the system intact and you have China, Russia, Cuba...
I'm not calling all dems communists. I'm saying the democratic party is communist. Hopefully the good people in their membership will realize it soon enough to do something about it. My hope is that referring to democrats as communists will at least get them to think about it. 

Twitter and 4-Chan's illegitimate child.

I signed up yesterday to try it out.  Didn't select any preferences.  And it all starts out as tweet-like posts from ultra-right wing sites.  The comments are mostly trolling.  Can't see how that platform survives without some moderation or voting component.

27 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It would be nice if this takes the place of Facebook politics though.  Then maybe Facebook could be about connecting with friends again?

Won't happen. The Dems will be Facebook and the Trump's will be Parler.

It's why I stay off of social media aside from a carefully curated Twitter account that is all sports and local news.

2 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I see all of these right wing snowflakes putting up "AdD mE oN pArLeR!" things on social media.

WTF is it? Some sort of lemon party for the far right? It's not my crowd, so I've never gone to go and look. 

Then why do you care? If it bothers you.......you may be the snowflake. 

1 minute ago, JADogs05 said:

I didn't see him state that it bothered him anywhere in his post. 

"right wing snowflakes"? Lemon party? It clearly bothered him. 

2 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

What's your username on Parler? I'll add you. 

We should probably agree on a safe word for you first, don't you think? I created an account a few days ago to see what it was all about. It's a Twitter alternative....no big whoop.