Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It’s time for Trump to concede

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Maybe Ivanka, but that would mean putting up with Jared.  2024 lines up well for the GOP with the Tim Scott's and Nikki Haley's, and I am sure there will be some other great Republicans to come out as well.  There is a lot of hope with the GOP, but I cannot align if they are currently aligning with Trump.  We don't need this madness and rhetoric.

Also, I applaud you @bornontheblue @NorCalCoug @BYUcougfan and others who voted for Trump who have shown great tact and Americana in this whole post-election process.  I love seeing it.  As an independent who voted for neither, it is great to see a bit of normalcy around here.  I truly mean that.  :cheers:

Tim Scott yes!

Nikki Haley not so much.  I like her, but she seems a little like a factory candidate.

4 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Tim Scott yes!

Nikki Haley not so much.  I like her, but she seems a little like a factory candidate.

its going to be the MyPillow guy or Junior

Whichever Trump sprinkles the holy water on and allows to take over feeding duties for the hogs

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

I just sent a Civil and professional letter to Sen Lee encouraging him to persuade his fellow Sens to force Trump to concede. 

Its a first step and I will find a way to find others who agree and focus and amplify our voices to put pressure on our Leadership.

I encourage all of you to write your Senators as well. 

Mahalo

Lummis of Wyoming is about as useful as a poke in the eye. Sadly, she just got re-elected.

4 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

its going to be the MyPillow guy or Junior

Whichever Trump sprinkles the holy water on and allows to take over feeding duties for the hogs

Nah, Trump's adult children don't have his "charisma". Especially Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Pennsylvania's top election official says the total number of ballots received after Nov. 3 totals approx. 10,000 - not nearly enough to even think about overturning the PA vote:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-10-at-10-09-01-PM.pn

Link

And thats a big deal.  I think it will make it hard for Trump to refuse to acknowledge defeat after this week, especially since it looks like he will lose GA and AZ.  I also think the GOP wins that case regarding the PA courts changing the rules.

18 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Nah, Trump's adult children don't have his "charisma". Especially Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

They also may not be available.

Michael Cohen said today he believes Trump would throw one or more of his kids under the bus (including Ivanka) for the criminal cases that may happen the next few years. I don't trust anything Cohen says but it would not be surprising if a Trump Organization exec or two is sacrificed along the way, even a family member.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Whether he backs down or not, he’s out. There is no momentum for him. He’ll be out of power. His base will be preoccupied being annoyed every day for the next four years with those in power, rather than love for him.

This.  He's still playing the stupid mainstream media like a fiddle.  He feeds on it.  The Republicans will still be afraid of him because of his 71 million voters that they'll need for the next elections in 2022/2024.  However they forget 76 million hated him, which I'm sure will rise with the disgusting shit he's trying to pull now.  Phucking with our elections is unforgettable.         

When he's out of office his antics should be put on page 6 of the papers.   Just like the Hunter laptop fiasco that flopped.  Without media coverage his base will die out.  It'll finally sink in with them that he's the loser. 

The country will be addressing problems around the world, and there'll be many topics that'll be front page news.  45 will just become old news no matter how much attention he tries to get.  That's life without the power, chump.       

If Trump wasn't destroying the faith people have in the election process I would be OK with him getting a few weeks to take challenges through the courts.

But screaming fraud about everything has to stop. It will have long-lasting repercussions.

The problem is that he is not a person who will say later that he was wrong and the system was right when courts rule against him. Instead he will just say the courts cheated him destroying trust in that system also.

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

And thats a big deal.  I think it will make it hard for Trump to refuse to acknowledge defeat after this week, especially since it looks like he will lose GA and AZ.  I also think the GOP wins that case regarding the PA courts changing the rules.

I hope you're right.

I still think they are keeping "Plan C" in play - coercing Republican state legislatures into replacing their electoral college with loyalists. Pundits have been sounding this rallying call as has Trump.

As I understand it, there are some state senators and representatives in both PA and GA who are already parroting this.

And I am concerned about the damage already done by continuing to seed a dangerous degree of distrust amongst his base. It's almost as if the crazy train has gone fully off the rails:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

31 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I hope you're right.

I still think they are keeping "Plan C" in play - coercing Republican state legislatures into replacing their electoral college with loyalists. Pundits have been sounding this rallying call as has Trump.

As I understand it, there are some state senators and representatives in both PA and GA who are already parroting this.

And I am concerned about the damage already done by continuing to seed a dangerous degree of distrust amongst his base. It's almost as if the crazy train has gone fully off the rails:

Pennsylvania’s governor must certify the electors. Tom Wolf is a Democrat. If two sets of electors are sent by the state, the House and Senate will have to agree on which one to pick. If they reach different conclusions, the one certified by the governor is counted.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/3/15

I really doubt it comes to that.

Joe Biden will be the next President and there isn’t a damn thing Republicans can do about it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 hours ago, son of a gun said:

I don't know, you give Junior enough coke, and he starts to channel his dad.

7 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

They also may not be available.

Michael Cohen said today he believes Trump would throw one or more of his kids under the bus (including Ivanka) for the criminal cases that may happen the next few years. I don't trust anything Cohen says but it would not be surprising if a Trump Organization exec or two is sacrificed along the way, even a family member.

RIP Eric.

Mikey Day Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Lee is a shitbag

And Trump is Captain Moroni. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Well, it doesn't look like a concession is coming anytime soon.

Republicans are banking on him doing something he's never done... admit defeat. 

It wont matter. With AZ and GA to be finished here soon (do they even need a recount now in  GA?) That gives biden just too many states for Ttump to overcome in court battles or electors shenanigans. The question is how will the GOP pull its support for this BS and how will he respond? The end of this week will be telling. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Republicans are banking on him doing something he's never done... admit defeat. 

It wont matter. With AZ and GA to be finished here soon (do they even need a recount now in  GA?) 

Trump can request a recount if the difference is less than 1%, which would be about 24k votes.  

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I hope you're right.

Yep and if they do try such a gambit Trump has already replaced DOD officials who have stopped him from using the army to put down insurrections.   

I get why senior Republican Senators are mollifying Trump but things still have the possibility of spinning out of control.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/11/trump-fraud-claims-gop-435884

No one can tell me this is anything but bad for America. This is the definition of party over country. The ultimate teams n shit. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.