Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It’s time for Trump to concede

Howard Stern was very unfiltered about Trump and his followers on today's show.

“(If) he thinks running the country is hard, wait ‘til he has to run a news network," Stern said. "That’ll fail inside of a year like all the other businesses. This is just insanity what’s going on.”

<snip>

“For once do something good for the country, calm down your f---ing loony hillbilly friends and tell them you lost the election and you’re going to help the transition,” Stern asked. “These loonies who follow you are all worked up; they think something was taken from them.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-election-results-trump-howard-stern-20201116-y5ebjlbzy5b6ffmctawhpqxqn4-story.html

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That's a hell of an obscure reference, but well done. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

38 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

That's a hell of an obscure reference, but well done. 

It’s like they said about the Velvet Underground, only 1000 people bought their record but all 1000 started bands. Only 1000 nerds will get that joke, but they will all lol. Only because of the absurdity of Trump’s crybaby act. Greeley’s sad end isn’t funny.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

EH, +++++ Horace Greeley. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s like they said about the Velvet Underground, only 1000 people bought their record but all 1000 started bands. Only 1000 nerds will get that joke, but they will all lol. Only because of the absurdity of Trump’s crybaby act. Greeley’s sad end isn’t funny.

I admit I had to look it up... Thanks for the history lesson. 

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Dudes like King Bowser at this point. The hillbilly supporters of his are about like the Koopa Troops too. 

12 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Dudes like King Bowser at this point. The hillbilly supporters of his are about like the Koopa Troops too. 

I’m glad he decided against it.  Starting a war during your lame duck session would be a pretty dick move.  He will probably do it 1/19/21. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Damn, the end of his life reads like Shakespeare.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

The Dominion is running the election. Rigged !

Americans Mayor

I received a response from Sen Lee in regards to my letter to him asking Donnie to concede. Its precisely the response I expected.

Dear David:

Thank you for reaching out. I greatly value your engagement and input on the issues facing our nation today.

Both candidates have every right to exhaust every legal remedy at their disposal under the law. Voters on both sides of the political aisle understandably expect, and indeed deserve, to have a high level of confidence in the results of each election. Especially in a close, hotly disputed presidential election, the candidates are uniquely positioned to decide whether to request recounts, verify the accuracy of data, and otherwise take steps to ensure that all votes have been counted properly and lawfully. I look forward to working with whichever candidate emerges as the winner at the end of this process. 

The year 2020 has not been easy for our country. But as always, Utahns have stood together through these challenging times and continue to support each other and their communities. I remain dedicated to serving our great state and hope you will stay up to date with my work by subscribing to the online newsletter, following me on social media, and signing up for my tele-townhalls at this link or by texting "senmikelee' to 828282.

Thank you again for reaching out to my office, and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Best regards,
signature.png
Michael S. Lee
United States Senator

AH/kd

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

I received a response from Sen Lee in regards to my letter to him asking Donnie to concede. Its precisely the response I expected.

Dear David:

Thank you for reaching out. I greatly value your engagement and input on the issues facing our nation today.

Both candidates have every right to exhaust every legal remedy at their disposal under the law. Voters on both sides of the political aisle understandably expect, and indeed deserve, to have a high level of confidence in the results of each election. Especially in a close, hotly disputed presidential election, the candidates are uniquely positioned to decide whether to request recounts, verify the accuracy of data, and otherwise take steps to ensure that all votes have been counted properly and lawfully. I look forward to working with whichever candidate emerges as the winner at the end of this process. 

The year 2020 has not been easy for our country. But as always, Utahns have stood together through these challenging times and continue to support each other and their communities. I remain dedicated to serving our great state and hope you will stay up to date with my work by subscribing to the online newsletter, following me on social media, and signing up for my tele-townhalls at this link or by texting "senmikelee' to 828282.

Thank you again for reaching out to my office, and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Best regards,
signature.png
Michael S. Lee
United States Senator

AH/kd

Yep, a form letter. 

I haven't received anything from Tillis or Burr. Big shocker.