Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at San Jose State

University of Nevada Las Vegas    San José State Spartans - link to home

DATE: Saturday, Nov. 14, 2020
KICKOFF: 7:35 pm PT
SITE: CEFCU Stadium (21,390/Artificial), San Jose, CA
TV: FS2 (Guy Haberman & Charles Arbuckle)
RADIO: ESPN 1100 AM & 100.9 FM (Russ Langer and Caleb Herring)
ONLINE: Live Stats at www.unlvrebels.com

San José State leads the all-time series 16-7-1 but UNLV has won two of the last three meetings

UNLV has lost five straight trips to San Jose dating back to its most-recent victory there in 1993

The home team has won the last four meetings between these teams

The Spartans’ last win in the series was a 50-37 victory at CEFCU Stadium in 2018

The Rebels are looking to earn back-to-back wins in the series for the first time since taking three straight in 1992-94 as part of the Big West Conference

This is the third different league in which the Rebels and Spartans have met as rivals as they were both in the Big West and WAC and then SJSU joined the MW in 2013

The last time a San José State team began a season with a 4-0 record was in 1955 when the Spartans won at Utah State and topped Hawai’i and Arizona State at home, and won at New Mexico

The last time the Spartans had a 4-0 conference record was in 1991 as a Big West Conference member after wins at Long Beach State, Utah State, and New Mexico State before returning home for a victory over the University of the Pacific

UNLV HC Marcus Arroyo is the third UNLV head coach to face his alma mater while leading the Rebels as original coach Bill Ireland went 2-2 vs. UNR from 1969-72 and Tony Knap went 2-0 vs. Idaho in 1977 and ‘78

UNLV at SJSU RECORD: 2-9-1

UNLV’s LARGEST WIN: 28 (41-13 in 2017)

SJSU’s LARGEST WIN: 43 (55-12 in 1991)

Senior RB Charles Williams needs 122 rushing yards this weekend to pass Dominique “Neek the Streak” Dorsey (2,834 from 2001-04) into fourth place on UNLV’s career list

San José State University’s last five game-winning streak covered the 2012 and 2013 seasons when the Spartans won their last seven games in 2012 and season-opener in 2013

Seven of San Jose State’s 11 touchdowns this season have been third down pass plays. An eighth TD came on a fourth-down pass play

The Rebels converted 5 of 6 fourth-down attempts against UNR and then went 2-2 vs. Fresno State to rank 13th in the nation at 83% on the year (10-12)

The win over San Diego State marked the first time in five years San Jose State overcame a 10-point deficit as a road team and won the game

UNLV defensive lineman Adam Plant Jr., a sophomore graduate of Bishop Gorman High School who returned home and is tied for fourth in the MW with 4.5 TFL through three games

In 2020, San Jose State’s three opponents are a combined 3-of-8 in fourth down situations

UNLV CAREER RUSH YARDS
1. 3,733 Tim Cornett 2010-13
2. 3,551 Lexington Thomas 2015-18
3. 3,149 Mike Thomas 1973-74
4. 2,834 Dominique Dorsey 2001-04
5. 2,713 Charles Williams 2016-SA
6. 2,656 Kirk Jones 1983-86
7. 2,536 Michael Morton 1978-81
8. 2,013 Joe Haro 1998-2002
9. 1,932 Omar Love 1992-96
10. 1,925 Ickey Woods 1984-87

When Max Gilliam rushed to a career-high 139 net yards rushing (despite being sacked six times) against Fresno State in Game 3, he became the 11th different UNLV quarterback to post a century-mark game on the ground

The Rebels already have eight sacks for a loss of 58 yards through three games just one year after finishing with a total of 12 for 81 yards

Offensive left tackle Jackson Snyder became the first San Jose State offensive lineman in 26 years and sixth in the modern era of football to score a touchdown when he was credited with a 4-yard run after catching a pass ruled as a lateral

Downloads | University Identity | University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Seriously, I feel like this is a potential trap.  SJSU had a good shot at bowling last year until they lost to UNLV late in the year.  And W's and L's don't show it much, but the Rebels are improved.  So are the Spartans, but still.....  respect every opponent.

SJSU is currently favored by 15.5 points.

@UNLV2001 I don't get Fox Sports 2 with my cable package, but that's OK because I'll gladly listen to Spartans play by play announcer Justin Allegri call the game on KDOW radio. UNLV Head Coach Marcus Arroyo was once a QB at SJSU and later an Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach. You can bet that he'll be pumped up to win it. But I think the Spartans will prevail in a close game and improve to 4-0.

San José State Spartans - link to home

1 hour ago, crixus said:

@UNLV2001 I don't get Fox Sports 2 with my cable package, but that's OK because I'll gladly listen to Spartans play by play announcer Justin Allegri call the game on KDOW radio. UNLV Head Coach Marcus Arroyo was once a QB at SJSU and later an Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach. You can bet that he'll be pumped up to win it. But I think the Spartans will prevail in a close game and improve to 4-0.

San José State Spartans - link to home

Or you can use sportsurge.net to watch it.

This game scares me a bit. If starkel got a concussion last week and is out again, a bad night for a young qb could make for a tough game. Nash looked good, but that almost disastrous fumble late in the game is something hes done more than once in the past. Unlv takes advantage of mistakes, and it could be interesting. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Opened it with a loss. I hope that's not an omen. ;) Just kidding. 

On 11/10/2020 at 7:45 PM, Anon5251042 said:

Or you can use sportsurge.net to watch it.

I checked that website but there's no mention of the game there. :hmmm:

6 minutes ago, crixus said:

I checked that website but there's no mention of the game there. :hmmm:

The links to the stream of the game will pop up around an hour before kickoff. So if kickoff starts at 7:00PM ET, the links to the stream of the game will pop up around 6:00PM ET. If it doesn't show up on time, give yourself 15 more minutes. After the game is over, it'll all disappear.

8 minutes ago, Anon5251042 said:

The links to the stream of the game will pop up around an hour before kickoff. So if kickoff starts at 7:00PM ET, the links to the stream of the game will pop up around 6:00PM ET. If it doesn't show up on time, give yourself 15 more minutes. After the game is over, it'll all disappear.

Reminds me of the old Mission Impossible tv show. :D Thank you for the info. 

Mission Impossible Self Destruct GIF - MissionImpossible SelfDestruct -  Discover & Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

Reminds me of the old Mission Impossible tv show. :D Thank you for the info. 

Mission Impossible Self Destruct GIF - MissionImpossible SelfDestruct -  Discover & Share GIFs

You could try it out when CSU plays Boise tonight. Actually, I don't if it's an hour before kickoff. But if it isn't, let me know.

You're welcome.

20 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Battle of MWC Pacific bottom feeders - Arroyo's Revenge !! 

Marcus Arroyo of the San Jose State Spartans gets ready to pass the... News  Photo - Getty Images

Dude got this team maybe the biggest win in program history. If not the biggest win, Top 5. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.