Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Trump end of term pardon

11 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

He’s laughing at all you morons that believe he had nothing to do with his sons escapades. He can’t believe he pulled the wool over your eyes and now he’s home free. Hunter is likely headed for a high office in China. 

Hunter Biden in " Dude where's my laptop " - Imgflip

Funny movie.  However, lacked on substance.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:21 PM, soupslam1 said:

He’s laughing at all you morons that believe he had nothing to do with his sons escapades. He can’t believe he pulled the wool over your eyes and now he’s home free. Hunter is likely headed for a high office in China. 

What exactly did his son do that’s so bad.. Even if the laptop stuff was true, which at this point it’s pretty clear it wasn’t, none of it was illegal. Biden Sr wasn’t in office.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, SharkTanked said:

Hell... he's not home free, he's the f'ing President!  Elect

Joe Biden GIF

fify.

I'm not sure if a Prez Elect has the same legal protections as a sitting Prez does.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

47 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I always chuckle when people mention Trump as a law and order president.. Like he doesn’t have people commit crimes in his name and pardon them after they’re convicted.

Trump pardons those that lied to protect him, like Roger Stone. Trump pardons them to protect himself, not to right any wrong.

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Now THAT is funny.  🤠👍

Dear all, 

In the event you were losing sleep over whether Convert's 17-day-old reaction to the post @renoskier made is no longer valid, we have recent confirmation that he still finds the post funny.  You are now free to continue on with your Thanksgiving Day celebrations.  Convert has spoken.  God bless. 

18 hours ago, toonkee said:

Trump pardons those that lied to protect him, like Roger Stone. Trump pardons them to protect himself, not to right any wrong.

I heard a Legal Analyst say that if you accept a Pardon, it is in essence, an admission of guilt and that is on your record.

However, being the Grifters and Bagmen that they are, they will have no trouble finding work.

Also, most believe a Pardon is equivelant to exoneration or being declared innocent.

Americans Mayor

51 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I heard a Legal Analyst say that if you accept a Pardon, it is in essence, an admission of guilt and that is on your record.

However, being the Grifters and Bagmen that they are, they will have no trouble finding work.

Also, most believe a Pardon is equivelant to exoneration or being declared innocent.

Burdick v. The United States

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/236/79

People, not a fan.

5 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Long story, short version ?

I'm no lawyer

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

Then most don’t know the definition of the word “pardon.”

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Long story, short version ?

I'm no lawyer

This brings us to the differences between legislative immunity and a pardon. They are substantial. The latter carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it. The former has no such imputation or confession. It is tantamount to the silence of the witness. It is noncommittal. It is the unobtrusive act of the law given protection against a sinister use of his testimony, not like a pardon, requiring him to confess his guilt in order to avoid a conviction of it.

People, not a fan.