Rev McQuervo

UH vs SDSU

2 hours ago, steveem said:

Well you do not recruited by Georgia tech as QB if you can not run, Evan if he is only 55% passer he will make the team better. 

You know who has also looked like a superior athlete out there (for the entire season)? 
#24 Segun Olubi - a transfer from Harding University (LOL, what??). Never heard of the guy, and he's a senior this year (no RS year). 

Hope he stays on for next year. 

https://goaztecs.com/sports/football/roster/segun-olubi/6688

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Hands down we all know he’s the better runner. Does the fact that Baker has been starting, tell us more than we want to know about Johnson’s  ability as a passer? 🤔

Not only is Johnson the better runner, but given his history in the triple option he knows how to read a defender and make the quick decision to give or keep. As you know, that’s worth a lot in the run game alone. 

I can’t imagine Johnson being much worse in the pass game than what we’ve seen thus far. So long as he makes good decisions he’ll be good. He needs that Rocky talk of “if you throw an int you’re sitting on the bench”.  I’m ready for the change. 

• Cheers 1
On 11/15/2020 at 9:22 PM, Fowl said:

Not only is Johnson the better runner, but given his history in the triple option he knows how to read a defender and make the quick decision to give or keep. As you know, that’s worth a lot in the run game alone. 

I can’t imagine Johnson being much worse in the pass game than what we’ve seen thus far. So long as he makes good decisions he’ll be good. He needs that Rocky talk of “if you throw an int you’re sitting on the bench”.  I’m ready for the change. 

Yes, his ability to read the option man, and keep him honest, should keep backside pursuit to a minimum. 

If you would've told me when I was a little kid watching Coryell's Aztecs lighting up the skies with their aerial circus that one day we would struggle to throw the ball, I would have bet all my Aztec pennants and ball caps on that in a heartbeat! Funny, back then, I used to wonder if we would ever be able to run the ball :D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1