Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev McQuervo

UH vs SDSU

2 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Okay, what about Paul Johnson and the flexbone then? 😉

LOL... It's nice to win BUT I sure wish we could throw the football on occasion. I don't want us turning into a Utah State with a trail of broken QB's littering to roster every year. It's apparently too much to ask to even find ONE QB that can do the "P" in a RPO scheme, much less multiples.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

13 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Hey @Warbow, do you think we should kick Hawaii out? Just curious. :shrug:

Sure but wait for us to embarrass you all first.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

43 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL... It's nice to win BUT I sure wish we could throw the football on occasion. I don't want us turning into a Utah State with a trail of broken QB's littering to roster every year. It's apparently too much to ask to even find ONE QB that can do the "P" in a RPO scheme, much less multiples.

Agree completely, we have to be balanced on O if we ever want to be in the discussion for best of the G5 programs. Right now, if you can shut our run game down, we are crippled offensively. 

3 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

D is carrying this team...Nice pick and run back!

Can you imagine if Oklahoma, Texas, or USC could figure out how to play D like the Aztecs do? 

Wonder what RL could’ve done w elite talent? Wonder if they would buy into him? 

What we learned:

Our OMG Line is terrible

Our OC makes some absolutely ridiculous calls

Baker is NOT the guy

Our D can be exceptional

His play calling is more than suspect. Combine with Baker (needs to watch from the sidelines a game or few) and our Line which is highly overrated...

All said, just watched a poor NM team give Nevada all they could handle. We need to establish a passing game, we do, we win out.

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

Agree completely, we have to be balanced on O if we ever want to be in the discussion for best of the G5 programs. Right now, if you can shut our run game down, we are crippled offensively. 

Hawaii did shut your run game down to an extent. Hawaii actually had 15 tackles for losses. Minus the 3 big runs I think force you to pass the ball more.

15 tackles for losses is almost unheard of.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

18 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii did shut your run game down to an extent. Hawaii actually had 15 tackles for losses. Minus the 3 big runs I think force you to pass the ball more.

We did rush for over 300 yards, yes? 😉

10 hours ago, Warbow said:

Point.

Notice our runs, almost every one that was a "Chunk" was through improvising by the RB. Holes were NOT there...

Pass blocking they were ok-Baker has the Happiest Feet in the West. We need to switch up (late in the season yet he needs to sit).

17 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

His play calling is more than suspect. Combine with Baker (needs to watch from the sidelines a game or few) and our Line which is highly overrated...

All said, just watched a poor NM team give Nevada all they could handle. We need to establish a passing game, we do, we win out.

I think Lucas Johnson is the answer. So many teams load the box and over pursue against us that his ability to pull the ball out and run to the weak side is the advantage we need. It worked brilliantly during our 4th quarter clock killing strategy.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

17 hours ago, Warbow said:

The Hawaii front seven literally stoned the Aztecs on their first three series. Big plays by the Aztecs made the difference.

Americans Mayor

48 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I think Lucas Johnson is the answer. So many teams load the box and over pursue against us that his ability to pull the ball out and run to the weak side is the advantage we need. It worked brilliantly during our 4th quarter clock killing strategy.

The only thing I would caution is that Hawaii was gassed by the time Johnson came in. Otherwise, Johnson is definitely the better athlete. Looks really smooth and fast out there.

I love the Bows almost as much as I followed the Aztecs. I would Trade any o you one fine runningback for a half mediocre QB.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

If the OC actually thinks baker is a FBS QB he needs to go to an optometrist and maybe therapy. 

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

The only thing I would caution is that Hawaii was gassed by the time Johnson came in. Otherwise, Johnson is definitely the better athlete. Looks really smooth and fast out there.

Well you do not recruited by Georgia tech as QB if you can not run, Evan if he is only 55% passer he will make the team better. 

Freddy Nietzsche

18 minutes ago, steveem said:

Well you do not recruited by Georgia tech as QB if you can not run, Evan if he is only 55% passer he will make the team better. 

Hands down we all know he’s the better runner. Does the fact that Baker has been starting, tell us more than we want to know about Johnson’s  ability as a passer? 🤔

A closer look inside the stats

Chase Cordeiro 15 - 35 passing 209 yards, 1 TD, 1 pick six.

Deduct the TD pass and it reveals how dominating the Aztec D was 14 - 34 134 yards. 20 carries 20 yards.

Hawaii defense was pretty darned stout as well. Take away the TD runs and Aztec rushing totals were fairly pedestrian.

49 carries 243 yards.

Big plays on both sides of the ball coupled with capitalizing on turnovers made the difference.

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

A closer look inside the stats

Chase Cordeiro 15 - 35 passing 209 yards, 1 TD, 1 pick six.

Deduct the TD pass and it reveals how dominating the Aztec D was 14 - 34 134 yards. 20 carries 20 yards.

Hawaii defense was pretty darned stout as well. Take away the TD runs and Aztec rushing totals were fairly pedestrian.

49 carries 243 yards.

Big plays on both sides of the ball coupled with capitalizing on turnovers made the difference.

That’s nearly 5 yds per carry. You’ll win a lot of FB games with numbers like that. Now if we could match that w a couple hundred yards though the air, and we’d be a very good looking FB team. 

2 hours ago, steveem said:

You know who has also looked like a superior athlete out there (for the entire season)? 
#24 Segun Olubi - a transfer from Harding University (LOL, what??). Never heard of the guy, and he's a senior this year (no RS year). 

Hope he stays on for next year. 

https://goaztecs.com/sports/football/roster/segun-olubi/6688