Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev McQuervo

UH vs SDSU

3 hours ago, kalua pig said:

did k5james play there?

K5 is a good dude- Politically lost yet a solid guy. He (like me) played 2 years CC ball.

7 hours ago, kalua pig said:

our boys landed in la la land.bad boys are in town.

not our town, "Bad Lands"

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

What a difference a single week makes.  Certainly a change from the narrative the first two weeks.  :rotflmfao:

Consider the source- brought to you by the same clowns that (literally) rewrite the book to fit their needs....

23 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

A bounce back and a streak stopper.  Twice as nice.  Hopefully getting smacked around last week lit a fire under the Aztecs.

Really interested to see what we do on offense. We are still firmly in the Rocky era when its comes to QB play. Wonder if we see more jet/fly sweeps to help soften pressure up front...

anything- still wondering why not middle screen, screens miss direction?

OLine has to perform-they did NOT last week.

Our line doesn't seem capable of blocking the jet sweep. I'm no expert but it seems to me the primary problem is that these guys have become so big that they lack the required quickness (I use the term loosely) to manage to do that. It may similarly be that they're so big they are too slow to get out ahead of our tailback to block effectively on screens.

I'm sure to some that sounds ridiculous but I just think the change in conditioning from having a bunch of relatively quick weaklings as was the case under Tom Craft to road graders under Rocky has been taken too far.

Whatcha think, McQ?

11 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Our line doesn't seem capable of blocking the jet sweep. I'm no expert but it seems to me the primary problem is that these guys have become so big that they lack the required quickness (I use the term loosely) to manage to do that. It may similarly be that they're so big they are too slow to get out ahead of our tailback to block effectively on screens.

I'm sure to some that sounds ridiculous but I just think the change in conditioning from having a bunch of relatively quick weaklings as was the case under Tom Craft to road graders under Rocky has been taken too far.

Whatcha think, McQ?

Actually liked Craft. Certainly ran the best O we have ever ran-D different story.

Our line didn't continue with their assignments. Remember SJSU has the #2 rated D in this Mountain Goat Conference. 

Got to seal, secure and move downfield- OMG Line rarely did the first task.

UH has a solid D line and LB's that move very well. They watched last weeks game- expect 7-9 in the box today.

2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Actually liked Craft. Certainly ran the best O we have ever ran-D different story.

Our line didn't continue with their assignments. Remember SJSU has the #2 rated D in this Mountain Goat Conference. 

Got to seal, secure and move downfield- OMG Line rarely did the first task.

UH has a solid D line and LB's that move very well. They watched last weeks game- expect 7-9 in the box today.

The UH defense has been downsized to get more quickness in the lineup.  If you try to spread the field and miss a block they’ll make you pay for it, but keep things simple and put a hat on a hat and they can be physically worn down as Wyoming showed.  If SDSU stays disciplined and executes their power running game consistently I expect an Aztec win.  UH’s best hope is that SDSU tries to mix things up on offense, gets out of rhythm and gives the Warrior defense opportunities to pilfer the ball.

44 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

The UH defense has been downsized to get more quickness in the lineup.  If you try to spread the field and miss a block they’ll make you pay for it, but keep things simple and  put a hat on a hat and they can be physically worn down as Wyoming showed.  If SDSU stays disciplined and executes their power running game consistently I expect an Aztec win.  UH’s best hope is that SDSU tries to mix things up on offense, gets out of rhythm and gives the Warrior defense opportunities to pilfer the ball.

That Wyoming game really surprised me. 7200 ft elevation is truly an equalizer to any team (like you guys us and SJSU) at or close to sea level. 

Wyo also may be the best coached team in our conference. Still, that score, I would never have guessed.

That piped in crowd noise... it never changes, just a constant roar, It's very annoying. Good play, bad play, no play... the crowd noise level is constant! :pullhair:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."