Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

Just now, sactowndog said:

Watched a 60 Minutes interview on the Army General running the plan for distribution/logistics.   Impressive dude who inspires confidence.  

That sounds super interesting/informative! I'll take a look when I get home tonight.

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Watched a 60 Minutes interview on the Army General running the plan for distribution/logistics.   Impressive dude who inspires confidence.  

I watched the same 60 minutes interview. I left feeling more confident in our vaccine supply chain. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Pence, Haley, and others are trying to give Trump credit today for this vaccine.

Problem is Pfizer did not participate in Operation Warp Speed. Pfizer did make a deal with the US for doses of the vaccine but received no research funding like was received by Moderna and AstraZeneca.

6 minutes ago, Aztecmg said:

For those who were wondering how much Operation Warp Speed played a role in the Pfizer vaccine:

Didn't stop the Trump folks from trying to take credit for it though lol:

Potentially a really smart move for Pfizer.   Might be trusted better and therefore preferred over what other vaccines are coming down the pipeline.

21 hours ago, Aztecmg said:

For those who were wondering how much Operation Warp Speed played a role in the Pfizer vaccine:

Didn't stop the Trump folks from trying to take credit for it though lol:

21 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Pence, Haley, and others are trying to give Trump credit today for this vaccine.

Problem is Pfizer did not participate in Operation Warp Speed. Pfizer did make a deal with the US for doses of the vaccine but received no research funding like was received by Moderna and AstraZeneca.

Guys, Pfizer absolutely participated in Warp Speed. They handled the R/D on their own (hooray private sector and libertarians). But they couldn’t have done it as quickly without the red tape cutting allowing stage 2 and stage 3 trials to run concurrently. You don’t get vaccines in 6 months without it. They also agreed to $2 billion in exchange for the manufacturing and distribution of an approved vaccine, money and cut red tape directly responsible from warp speed.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/so-is-pfizer-part-of-operation-warp-speed-or-not-well-its-a-little-complicated-175429888.html?__twitter_impression=true

Operation Warp Speed was started in the spring as “a public-private partnership to facilitate, at an unprecedented pace, the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 countermeasures,” according to the Trump administration’s own description of the program.

While other pharmaceutical companies did take federal funds to develop a vaccine, Pfizer declined to do so, the only one of the major prospective developers to go it alone.

At the same time, on July 22, Pfizer agreed to a $1.95 billion deal with the Trump administration “for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2020/Pfizer-and-BioNTech-Announce-an-Agreement-with-U.S.-Government-for-up-to-600-Million-Doses-of-mRNA-based-Vaccine-Candidate-Against-SARS-CoV-2/default.aspx

The free market wins. Trump delivers. Biden gets to distribute. Pence and Haley are right. Everybody wins here. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I took an amazing shit this morning. Felt absolutely incredible to get that out of my gut. But sorry to inform some of you that neither Trump or Biden can take credit for it.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

23 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The free market wins. Trump delivers. Biden gets to distribute. Pence and Haley are right. Everybody wins here. 

Then Pence and Haley should be sharing the credit with Pfizer and the free market, not giving credit just to Trump.

20 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I took an amazing shit this morning. Felt absolutely incredible to get that out of my gut. But sorry to inform some of you that neither Trump or Biden can take credit for it.

That it’s announced in November, instead of having to wait the usual amount of time of up to a decade for vaccines. Yes, there is a good deal of credit to be awarded

VACCINECHART.png

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Then Pence and Haley should be sharing the credit with Pfizer and the free market, not giving credit just to Trump.

That’s the private part of a public-private partnership Pence says verbatim.

The Trump Administration and Operation Warp Speed (OWS)had no effect on the development of Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine. Their work on mRNA vaccines preceded C-19. They took no money.  Concurrent trial designs are not novel. Phase 2b/3 trials are hardly rare especially in oncology. The FDA has had an AA program for a few decades (Accelerated Approval). Biologics can get to market before P3 confirmatory trials via BLA (Biologic License Approval). 

What Administration would have not signed off some means of accelerated trial designs and Rx development in this situation?

I’ll be happy to give OWS its due. Eli Lilly’s mAB Rx has closer ties to OWS, but I don’t think it took up front funding. I know the NIH is aiding trials and the mAB received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA.  There will be direct Rx developments from OWS. Just not the $AZN vaccine. 

25 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That it’s announced in November, instead of having to wait the usual amount of time of up to a decade for vaccines. Yes, there is a good deal of credit to be awarded

What’s your size and address?

D6CC96E8-38EA-42EB-9D05-7DB0A241D686.jpeg.78c9dfc9e87a26318af33f5f5ed8c603.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

The Trump Administration and Operation Warp Speed (OWS)had no effect on the development of Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine. Their work on mRNA vaccines preceded C-19. They took no money.  Concurrent trial designs are not novel. Phase 2b/3 trials are hardly rare especially in oncology. The FDA has had an AA program for a few decades (Accelerated Approval). Biologics can get to market before P3 confirmatory trials via BLA (Biologic License Approval). 

What Administration would have not signed off some means of accelerated trial designs and Rx development in this situation?

I’ll be happy to give OWS its due. Eli Lilly’s mAB Rx has closer ties to OWS, but I don’t think it took up front funding. I know the NIH is aiding trials and the mAB received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA.  There will be direct Rx developments from OWS. Just not the $AZN vaccine. 

2 billion up front is quite an incentive, even if Astrozenica or Moderna or Johnson & Johnson come up with a more effective one.

And also maybe this upcoming administration, for one.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/05/kamala-harris-trump-coronavirus-vaccine-409320

“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump” on the reliability of a vaccine, Harris said. The California senator, however, added that she would trust a “credible” source who could vouch that a vaccine was safe for Americans to receive...

..."Why do we think, God willing, when we get a vaccine — that is good, works — why do we think the public is gonna line up to be willing to take the injection?" Joe Biden asked on Wednesday. "We've lost so much confidence, the American people, in what's said [by the Trump administration]." 

The CDC released guidance on Wednesday telling states to prepare for the distribution of a vaccine by November, but the head of the government's vaccine accelerator program, Moncef Slaoui, said in an interview with NPR on Thursday that it was “very unlikely” a vaccine would be approved by early November.

I can show you the governor of New York yesterday, casting doubt on the process of this good news if you like. It’s ok to give the Trump admin credit and still think they suck. It won’t hurt, I promise.