Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

20 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

This place always go off topic and political?

Naaaaah... just this one time. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I have it on very good authority that there is going to be a sign-up process for the vaccine to begin with. Without a doubt, it is going to first responders/medical professionals first and foremost. Availability is going to be very limited to start with, and we're not looking at anything being widely available to the public at large until the middle of next year more than likely.

As it should be. The most exposed and vulnerable populations should be first. The rest of us social distance, mask up, and hang in there. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

you of all folks complaining about thread hijack :rotflmfao:

here, let me help...BAN GUNS!!

Yea

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

As it should be. The most exposed and vulnerable populations should be first. The rest of us social distance, mask up, and hang in there. 

If there's a clear finish line, people will be more willing to do this. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Wonder if they should require a negative antibody test first if it’s going to be so limited?

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Wonder if they should require a negative antibody test first if it’s going to be so limited?

Maybe. But I think speed is more important than efficiency to start. Reduce the population that can spread it right away, even if there is some redundancy.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Frontline healthcare workers first, then the vulnerable old codgers like @mugtang

Jesus - @mugtangis younger than I am. You sound like @halfmanhalfbronco and @youngredbullfan.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

A couple weeks ago my wife’s employer said they expected to receive vaccinations late November or early December. Apparently they will not be able to receive them and give them themselves, it will all be handled by a CVS clinic. So, take that for what it’s worth. 

@soupslam1You don't think so?

The fundamental point of my argument all along, that people will stop listening to the guidelines and will start living their lives, is that they won't stay in their homes indefinitely... They won't agree to follow restrictions that are indefinitely indefinite. I do think that if the vaccine is clearly effective, and there is a clear road map and timeline to mass distribution, that is a different thing. 

23 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

If there's a clear finish line, people will be more willing to do this. 

I think so, too. Give people a finish line and something to do about it. Uneasiness with no direction forward drives people crazy.

13 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Frontline healthcare workers first, then the vulnerable old codgers like @mugtang

Oddly, most of the nurses, even in the Covid unit, that I know, aren't planning on getting vaccinated. That's how far the anti vax message has penetrated. One of the nurse midwives is quoting that a flu vaccine has about the same risks as Covid. I had to show her a study that showed that dying from Covid is roughly 2000x more likely than getting a side effects from a vaccine. Even after showing evidence, they still aren't convinced.

53 minutes ago, Bob said:

Everyone screaming in the media "I told you so" about Trump not peacefully transitioning power.

Neither media nor the people "screaming" have any way of preventing the legal process to play out. What does that matter?