Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

24 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Messenger RNA science has been viewed as having revolutionary potential in medicine.  The great news of the day is scientific.  I'd be happy to give the administration credit if due, but we've fast tracked many a Rx before.  I expect Warp Speed  to eventually produce vaccine and therapeutic options, but they aren't here yet.  The reasons for $PFE having apparently developed a highly successful mRNA vaccine go well back in time.  If the Oxford U. project, in conjunction with $AZN, is successful in producing an adenovirus vaccine, its research goes back farther, iirc.  Celebrate science today.

Is this an RNA vaccine like Moderna?   There are multiple strategies being deployed, from live virus, RNA, to traditional development.  There will be choices to be made on which one to get.  Many people cannot take a live virus vaccine and does one work better for older people.  So many questions still.  

The RNA vaccine has to be maintained at very cold temperatures that no pharmacies have the ability to maintain if I understand it correctly.   Deployment will be a huge challenge if true.

6 minutes ago, Billings said:

Is this an RNA vaccine like Moderna?   There are multiple strategies being deployed, from live virus, RNA, to traditional development.  There will be choices to be made on which one to get.  Many people cannot take a live virus vaccine and does one work better for older people.  So many questions still.  

The RNA vaccine has to be maintained at very cold temperatures that no pharmacies have the ability to maintain if I understand it correctly.   Deployment will be a huge challenge if true.

I have it on very good authority that there is going to be a sign-up process for the vaccine to begin with. Without a doubt, it is going to first responders/medical professionals first and foremost. Availability is going to be very limited to start with, and we're not looking at anything being widely available to the public at large until the middle of next year more than likely.

Just now, Bob said:

Everyone screaming in the media "I told you so" about Trump not peacefully transitioning power.

I have no problem with the legal process working out but I do have a problem with his statements and possible rallies claiming widespread fraud.

Just now, retrofade said:

I have it on very good authority that there is going to be a sign-up process for the vaccine to begin with. Without a doubt, it is going to first responders/medical professionals first and foremost. Availability is going to be very limited to start with, and we're not looking at anything being widely available to the public at large until the middle of next year more than likely.

That is what I read on the state planning where I am at.  However which vaccine?  How do you widely distribute a vaccine that has to be maintained at temps of -90 degrees?  A lot of questions.  Going to be a long winter

8 minutes ago, Billings said:

Yeh. mRNA is what Moderna is working on.  I thought early on that Oxford’s adenovirus vaccine might get home first, but the mRNA technology has legs beyond viral vaccines. 

I guess the other 16,534 threads about Trump aren’t enough so this one needed to get highjacked as well. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Yeh. mRNA is what Moderna is working on.  I thought early on that Oxford’s adenovirus vaccine might get home first, but the mRNA technology has legs beyond viral vaccines. 

Did we use Crisper to obtain this?  I have some reading to do lol

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Hmmm.....not sure I would prioritize it that way.

1) BYU football

2) Everyone else.