Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

31 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I'm a part-time biotech investor, and I've been in medical stocks for decades.  I know just enough to lose less money :).

I'll look forward to what you find of importance and interest. 

I have a good friend in Freiburg, Germany. Him and his wife are both molecular biologists for a subsidiary of Pfizer.  Usually they work more on oncology drugs, but i wonder if they have any info on this as well.

5 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Warp Speed was good policy. However, $PFE did not take any R&D money under Warp Speed viewing they could get there quicker w/o. The buying agreement was helpful, but the result for $PFE would have been the same w/o Warp Speed.  

Without warp speed they wouldn’t have concurrently been able to run phase 3 trials with phase 2 trials.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Fantastic News. I wonder how close it is to mass distribution. 

I read in the paper this AM that they expected to produce 1.3B doses by the end of 2021. I believe it requires 2 doses 2 weeks apart. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Russia's Sputnik V Vaccine Also Over 90% Effective: Health Ministry

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-11-09/russias-sputnik-v-vaccine-also-over-90-effective-health-ministry

Hopefully we have multiple options.  My worry is if we are forcing these vaccine results to be shared so big generic manufacturers in India, Mexico, etc, can also make them.  There are a lot of people on this planet in non-wealthy countries who also need a vaccine.   Hopefully just the ability to pay the highest price isn't the only decider on who gets it. 

Posted Image

10 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I think that was the policy vehicle.  Could have been done w/a different one.  

Is the naming of the seemingly successful program your quibble?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is the naming of the seemingly successful program your quibble?

Lol. Star Wars 2020. 

Like I previously posted, I think Warp Speed is good policy. I expect both good science and some wasted dollars as a result.  Didn’t really have much of a choice to go w/o a major government project. 

3 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Lol. Star Wars 2020. 

Like I previously posted, I think Warp Speed is good policy. I expect both good science and some wasted dollars as a result.  Didn’t really have much of a choice to go w/o a major government project. 

Just wait until we go to Plaid.

1*PPiAviwngFknNcmCS5njxw.png

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I hope there is a way to expedite this. 

That's already happening.  Current record getting a vaccine thru trials to the public (mumps) is 4 years.  We're at (roughly) 7 months now, and we're probably looking at 6 more.

The major reason to getting this done quickly is that a lot of work had already been done on the related coronavirus that causes SARS, so we already knew the spike protein and receptors they target.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, Bob said:

Gore was allowed 37 days to legally fight the election results. Why isn't isn't Trump afforded the same time and relative patience? Do you not believe in due process?

Trump can sue for the rest of his life for all I care. He has a right to his day in court. There is no hope of anything changing though. He got the country a vaccine, he got the right 3 Scotus justices, say “you’re welcome you ungrateful shits” then +++++ off and start a podcast.

tenor.gif?itemid=13725899

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Gore was allowed 37 days to legally fight the election results. Why isn't isn't Trump afforded the same time and relative patience? Do you not believe in due process?

A state as big as florida came down to 700 votes and he wanted a recount and that state flips the entire election. That's what you're comparing this to. 

There's no way to win for Trump. He's just keeping you manipulated to get you to pay more of his campaign debt.

Messenger RNA science has been viewed as having revolutionary potential in medicine.  The great news of the day is scientific.  I'd be happy to give the administration credit if due, but we've fast tracked many a Rx before.  I expect Warp Speed  to eventually produce vaccine and therapeutic options, but they aren't here yet.  The reasons for $PFE having apparently developed a highly successful mRNA vaccine go well back in time.  If the Oxford U. project, in conjunction with $AZN, is successful in producing an adenovirus vaccine, its research goes back farther, iirc.  Celebrate science today.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well then the legal proceedings shouldn't take very long, should they? By not patiently awaiting the legal processes, that Trump has a right to, to play out is something you'd see in a 3rd world country, not the United States of America. What have you got to be scared of if you are confident the election results will stand? Chill and let the process play out.

Oh it's playing out. Trump already had 7 lawsuits thrown out in Nevada. Most of them took about 9 minutes of court time because they were so dumb and deficient. 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well then the legal proceedings shouldn't take very long, should they? By not patiently awaiting the legal processes, that Trump has a right to, to play out is something you'd see in a 3rd world country, not the United States of America. What have you got to be scared of if you are confident the election results will stand? Chill and let the process play out.

Who is not allowing the legal process to play out?

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

It is playing out. It won't take long and the election will be certified by the middle of December.