Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

China manufactures the virus. 5G spreads it. Gates Foundation vaccine feeds the surveillance chips. Brilliant plan. 

THIS is what the trump admin has done to science. That backward ass POS has done more to discredit the scientific community and related institutions, cut funding, and fill leadership roles on them with straight unqualified idiots than any admin in modern history - by a landslide. So no, I’m not rushing to give credit to a man who tried his damnedest to destroy the community that he’s now trying to hitch his wagon to...

8 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

THIS is what the trump admin has done to science. That backward ass POS has done more to discredit the scientific community and related institutions, cut funding, and fill leadership roles on them with straight unqualified idiots than any admin in modern history - by a landslide. So no, I’m not rushing to give credit to a man who tried his damnedest to destroy the community that he’s now trying to hitch his wagon to...

I think you give the Trumpster too much credit. There were and are plenty of gullible people that want to believe what they want to believe from the Illuminati to professional wrestling to 5G. It probably gives meaning and purpose to those people. If 245k deaths aren't enough to keep you from taking medical advice from the reality show host in chief, then bless their heart and let the chips fall.

Moderna news is VERY positive. 94% efficacy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/16/moderna-says-its-coronavirus-vaccine-is-more-than-94percent-effective.html

And from a distribution and storage standpoint, this would also be huge:

Moderna said Monday its vaccine remains stable at 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature of a standard home or medical refrigerator, for up to 30 days. It can be stored for up to six months at negative 4 degrees Fahrenheit. By comparison, Pfizer's vaccine requires a storage temperature of minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Expected, but really astounding early data. Hearing maybe 20m doses (2-stage) by years end. Combined with Pfizer maybe 30+ m get dosed before 2021. 

Funny that this mRNA advancement could alter the course of the human species but Trump still gets more play on this board. Lol

But yes, outstanding news. Hopefully life gets somewhat back to normal over the next 6 to 12 months. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Funny that this mRNA advancement could alter the course of the human species but Trump still gets more play on this board. Lol

Yeh. Moderna’s ticker symbol is even MNRA. I haven’t done a deep dive on their vaccine and research. Still kicking myself for not tossing a few dollars at Novavax early last spring. 

It took 200,000 years for man to take flight. It took 66 years to go from Kitty Hawk to the Moon. It took less than a year for western scientists and researchers to come up with multiple answers to a viral pneumonia pandemic. This year has been rough, but we truly do live in charmed times.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I don't think there's a paywall, but if a summary includes lot of optimism w/some challenges.  The two mNRA vaccoines have proven highly effective, the spike protein target appears to be the right one, and other types of vaccines are likely to succeed soon as well.  J&J has one shot viral vector vaccine that could ramp up mass production when it hits its endpoints:

The (viral) vectors operate on a similar genetic principle to the mRNA vaccines, delivering instructions for cells to produce the coronavirus spike protein. “You can argue this validates the general approach,” Offit said. “They’re just different ways of getting the gene inside cells.”

https://endpts.com/moderna-bolsters-global-hopes-in-covid-19-vaccines-but-big-obstacles-remain/

45 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It took 200,000 years for man to take flight. It took 66 years to go from Kitty Hawk to the Moon. It took less than a year for western scientists and researchers to come up with multiple answers to a viral pneumonia pandemic. This year has been rough, but we truly do live in charmed times.

This. 

I've talked to so many of my techs and even other pharmacists who refuse to get the vaccine when it's available.  Pfizer, Sanofi, GSK, etc wouldn't risk inviting insane amounts of lawsuits by putting a dangerous product on the market. The sooner we can contain the spread of this virus the sooner we get back to our plans for life. Is t that what everyone wants?

2 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I've talked to so many of my techs and even other pharmacists who refuse to get the vaccine when it's available.  Pfizer, Sanofi, GSK, etc wouldn't risk inviting insane amounts of lawsuits by putting a dangerous product on the market. The sooner we can contain the spread of this virus the sooner we get back to our plans for life. Is t that what everyone wants?

I will take the vaccine as soon as it is available to me. 

Just now, Maji said:

Do consumers have a choice in which vaccine they receive?

Most likely there won’t be much of a choice. A lot of people will get their vaccines through pharmacies, and they only have access to what their vendor has. Walgreens uses AmerisourceBergen and I believe CVS uses Cardinal. Most likely each vendor will have a preferred vaccine that will be the default they send to the pharmacies. You can request another brand, but that can be a pain in the ass for a regular generic medication, so i imagine it would be even harder in this case with supplies likely being very limited for a while. 

I worked as a Pharmacy Tech through college and a few years after, so this is spoken from experience. 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I will take the vaccine as soon as it is available to me. 

Samesies. The more people we can get vaccinated the sooner we can get back to what will be the new normal. I, for one, will be booking a plane ticket to who-the-f**k-caresville USA as soon as I possibly can. Haven't been on an airplane since the MWC Tourney, and I travel a LOT normally.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg