Jump to content
BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

90% effective is better than anything we could of ever dreamed of! If I have down time today  at work, I'm definitely going to be diving into the therapeutics/immunology of this. 

2 mt. video is a decent explanation for laypersons like myself.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/26/mrna-vaccines-face-their-first-test-in-the-fight-against-covid-19-how-do-they-work/

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Appreciate the info! However, I'm in the medical field and I'll be diving into medical journals and PubMed.  I'm a nerd when it comes to this stuff. :P

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Appreciate the info! However, I'm in the medical field and I'll be diving into medical journals and PubMed.  I'm a nerd when it comes to this stuff. :P

I'm a part-time biotech investor, and I've been in medical stocks for decades.  I know just enough to lose less money :).

I'll look forward to what you find of importance and interest. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to get political but I’m going to give Trump some credit here.  The government committed to purchasing the vaccine back in July as part of Operation Warp Speed.  Not sure this gets done as quickly without that commitment.

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2020/Pfizer-and-BioNTech-Announce-an-Agreement-with-U.S.-Government-for-up-to-600-Million-Doses-of-mRNA-based-Vaccine-Candidate-Against-SARS-CoV-2/default.aspx

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Not to get political but I’m going to give Trump some credit here.  The government committed to purchasing the vaccine back in July as part of Operation Warp Speed.  Not sure this gets done as quickly without that commitment.

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2020/Pfizer-and-BioNTech-Announce-an-Agreement-with-U.S.-Government-for-up-to-600-Million-Doses-of-mRNA-based-Vaccine-Candidate-Against-SARS-CoV-2/default.aspx

 

Wait the GOVERNMANT helped!? ThAt’S sOcIaLiSm!!!!!

But anyways, this is fantastic news.

  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Not to get political but I’m going to give Trump some credit here.  The government committed to purchasing the vaccine back in July as part of Operation Warp Speed.  Not sure this gets done as quickly without that commitment.

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2020/Pfizer-and-BioNTech-Announce-an-Agreement-with-U.S.-Government-for-up-to-600-Million-Doses-of-mRNA-based-Vaccine-Candidate-Against-SARS-CoV-2/default.aspx

 

Warp Speed was good policy. However, $PFE did not take any R&D money under Warp Speed viewing they could get there quicker w/o. The buying agreement was helpful, but the result for $PFE would have been the same w/o Warp Speed.  

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bornontheblue said:

Fantastic News. I wonder how close it is to mass distribution. 

They did a press release earlier that said were still months away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grandjean87 said:

Warp Speed was good policy. However, $PFE did not take any R&D money under Warp Speed viewing they could get there quicker w/o. The buying agreement was helpful, but the result for $PFE would have been the same w/o Warp Speed.  

Ahhh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grandjean87 said:

50m doses projected by end of the year.  25m front-liners and more vulnerable w/2-stage dosing.  
 

If all goes well. 

If this vaccine works I am going to have a mask burning party !!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...