Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

UPDATED: Very, very good news re vaccine

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@bsu_alum9used to roll around in his Honda Civic with an amplified muffler, oversized spoiler, and giant NO FEAR sticker spanning the back window while blasting Creed. 

True story, there was a 19 year old dude on my street in 1992 that changed his license plate on his lifted jeep to "grunge". Cringe iest thing I've ever seen to this day.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, toonkee said:

Pfizer did not need US red tape cut. If they got this thing and tested outside the US there ain't no way the FDA or the Trump admin or any admin isn't going to play ball. Pfizer has all the cards.

Trump gets 0.00 credits.

We should cut out the politics now. Novavax took Warpspeed money and will likely be the vaccine that does more good for the world than either Pfizer or Moderna because it doesn't need freezing. 

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

We should cut out the politics now. Novavax took Warpspeed money and will likely be the vaccine that does more good for the world than either Pfizer or Moderna because it doesn't need freezing. 

Novavax is one of the reasons I think the money spent by OWS was a good investment and good policy.  Even if that little biotech beats Sanofi (similar vaccine) or others, and actually produces a vaccine (it would be the first for $NVAX) because of funding from OWS, their genetic and synthetic biology has a research history stretch back a number of years.  Agree — take the politics out. 

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

Very good, but that's Novavax. We'll assess that when it's time. 

58 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

And I’m sure the usual suspects will predictably find fault, well, because Trump...

I hate Trump, but I give him credit where it’s due. He hasn’t been due much credit outside of some foreign policy decisions, but he will deserve credit for any vaccines approved that are a direct result of OWS, and there will likely be a few of those before he leaves office.

32 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I hate Trump, but I give him credit where it’s due. He hasn’t been due much credit outside of some foreign policy decisions, but he will deserve credit for any vaccines approved that are a direct result of OWS, and there will likely be a few of those before he leaves office.

I’ll split the difference.  The pandemic required a massive effort to develop a vaccine. As I said, OWS was good policy. I think a fair criticism is that it should have been drawn up and implemented a bit sooner.  An administration responding to a natural disaster, pandemic, or other mass situation is what is expected.  Funding biotechs for vaccine development was a pretty logical move.

So, good for the administration for doing what it did and what it should have. However, without the often lengthy varying scientific research backgrounds for differing vaccine types all the government and private foundation monies (Gates Foundation for example was far ahead) would be for naught. 

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

And I’m sure the usual suspects will predictably find fault, well, because Trump...

And I'm sure the usual suspects will predictably give him way too much credit.

15 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I’ll split the difference.  The pandemic required a massive effort to develop a vaccine. As I said, OWS was good policy. I think a fair criticism is that it should have been drawn up and implemented a bit sooner.  An administration responding to a natural disaster, pandemic, or other mass situation is what is expected.  Funding biotechs for vaccine development was a pretty logical move.

So, good for the administration for doing what it did and what it should have. However, without the varying scientific research backgrounds for differing vaccine types all the government and private foundation monies (Gates Foundation for example was far ahead) would be for naught. 

And it probably would have been if someone hadn't done away with the "Pandemic Response Team" a few years earlier. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

So, good for the administration for doing what it did and what it should have. However, without the often lengthy varying scientific research backgrounds for differing vaccine types all the government and private foundation monies (Gates Foundation for example was far ahead) would be for naught. 

Yeah but the Warpspeed vaccines won't have surveillance chips in them like Gates foundation vaccines.

22 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Yeah but the Warpspeed vaccines won't have surveillance chips in them like Gates foundation vaccines.

China manufactures the virus. 5G spreads it. Gates Foundation vaccine feeds the surveillance chips. Brilliant plan. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg