Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Turkey.

26 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

We're kinda weird and never do turkey on Thanksgiving but we do celebrate by cooking all day. This year is:

Rack of lamb with a mint basil pesto

Lobster mac and cheese in acorn squash

Wild mushroom white wine risotto with scallops

Prosciutto wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates

Bacon-wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapenos poppers

Sage butter rolls

Cherry pie à la mode

:o address please?

Jesus Christ, that sounds amazing

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I've tried to tell you guys...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY8ZQMifvGRX5N14cRDpA65OEvaZSQ9mk-mPgLPWh97P9yTK4Nyj64jRmSyUHKDtJPS1AZsY4&usqp=CAc

I just use one of these razor sharp bad boys.  When a woman sees you take the spine out if an animal with with a long, hard bowie knife she gets moister than my perfectly cooked breasts.

20201125_110139.jpg

Just made my brine.  Used one gallon chicken stock, cup of salt, large onion,  celery stalk, some frozen berries, few tablespoons brown sugar, rosemary, sage, thyme and some liquid smoke.  Simmered for 45 minutes.  Cooling now then going to stick the bird in a bag and cover it with the brine.  Going to start working on the pies and a seafood cocktail.

God I love this Holliday.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I like my Turkey neat.

20201118_152433.jpg

Wild Turkey....🤮.   Maybe I could do it now but my old man had a bottle that was from the 70’s and my buddy and I got into it and that shit tasted like kerosene!  He also had a bottle of 109 proof Yukon Jack... barf!

I spatchcocked the bird and put the dry brine on it Tuesday night. Nothing too fancy with just salt, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, smoked paprika, and onion powder. 

Then I'll rub it down with olive oil and throw it on the smoker. Glaze every 30 minutes or so with some soy sauce, brown sugar, herbs, and orange peel.

For snacks, I've got a kickass cream cheese/cranberry/jalapeno dip that never lasts very long!