Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maji

Georgia Senate Runoff Thread

34 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I have a taylor I bought in high school about 20 years ago. I also have a strat I bought around the same time. Both funded by tips from delivering pizzas. Havent played the electric in years, but picked up the acoustic again about 18 months ago and have been playing every day.

Hell yeah man, keep it up! Art and creativity is amazing for mental health

I think, therefore I'm.

Just now, sjsbuff said:

Ossoff now 9,527 ahead...

Lol @ the gop. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

24 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Exactly. The taylors are brighter, or at least they were when i got mine. Some people dont like that, as the Martin's seemed a little more balanced out of the factory.  But otherwise they're the basic entry level all solid acoustic that will last forever. 

My dream acoustic is this '38 Martin. Hope I get enough of @Bob's money to take her home next month.

Just now, toonkee said:

My dream acoustic is this '38 Martin. Hope I get enough of @Bob's money to take her home next month.

Don't count on it. At least Tedford Train popped in and conceded. Bob may be gone for months. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

23 minutes ago, Maji said:

I have a great deal of respect for Romney. He's a good guy

I don't.  He tried to court a lot of the same crowd during his Presidential run, just didn't have the charisma to do it.  He's only not as complicit because he didn't have as much power.

Interesting that ossoff outperformed  Biden in many GA counties.  I think Orange Man really had a hand in this GOP loss here.  He turned a lot of Georgians off, what with all his anti-Georgia and anti-Republican comments.  The tool is an epic fvcking dumschitt...

Just now, sjsbuff said:

Interesting that ossoff outperformed  Biden in many GA counties.  I think Orange Man really had a hand in this GOP loss here.  He turned a lot of Georgians off, what with all his anti-Georgia and anti-Republican comments.  The tool is an epic fvcking dumschitt...

The competing narrative will be that the GOP can't win without Trump. We'll see where it goes.

13 minutes ago, Maji said:

CANDIDATE VOTES PCT%
  Jon Ossoff  2,201,741 50.11%
  David Perdue * 2,192,214 49.89%
4,393,955 votes counted. >99% of estimated votes in.
Turnout model last updated 1/6/21, 12:00 AM
* = Incumbent

Major City
No Results
Perdue
Ossoff

GA Senate Runoff Special

CANDIDATE VOTES PCT%
  Raphael Warnock  2,220,300 50.53%
  Kelly Loeffler * 2,173,749 49.47%
4,394,049 votes counted. >99% of estimated votes in.
Turnout model last updated 1/6/21, 12:00 AM
* = Incumbent

Major City
No Results
Loeffler
Warnock
VIEW COUNTY RESULTS
Last Refresh: 1/6/2021, 12:30:03 AM

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Dems...

GleefulThickEstuarinecrocodile-max-1mb.gif

Your new Senate MAjority Leader:

Chuck Schumer - Wikipedia

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

Your new Senate MAjority Leader:

Chuck Schumer - Wikipedia

He is now the most powerful person I ever interviewed. Above pretty boy Gavin Newsom.

6 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

Well and he turned off much of the libertarian vote.   If you look at Ossoff’s vote a big part of it is the libertarian vote going largely Dem. 

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

He is now the most powerful person I ever interviewed. Above pretty boy Gavin Newsom.

What was your impression of him? I mean I assume he came off as a standard politician, but anything stand out other then that? 

21 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The competing narrative will be that the GOP can't win without Trump. We'll see where it goes.

Former and current NRSC staffers seemingly blame Trump. I can tell from their liked tweets. Lots of stuff about the suburban shift and voter fraud talk backfiring. But I'm not sure they can stop another populist from winning. It's what much of the base wants

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

What was your impression of him? I mean I assume he came off as a standard politician, but anything stand out other then that? 

Schumer or Newsom?