Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maji

Georgia Senate Runoff Thread

Ok lefties... get your idiot buttons ready for me like you did last tine we had dems in the White House and both chambers. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, masterfrog said:

I doubt anything Trump did will lead to a 3 election losing streak. My hunch is the next elections will be decided on the merits of those candidates and not the merits of Trump. 

That depends on how messed up the Republican Party is after this shittt show

I think, therefore I'm.

3 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I doubt anything Trump did will lead to a 3 election losing streak. My hunch is the next elections will be decided on the merits of those candidates and not the merits of Trump. 

You think the GOP comes out strong against the D's if it's split between Trumpers and non-retards?

I think, therefore I'm.

1 minute ago, ClevelandBrown said:

That depends on how messed up the Republican Party is after this shittt show

I’m not sure they are even messed up. Just two months ago, they won plenty of House and Senate seats they were expected to lose. I think once the Census comes out, they will gain House seats just due to reapportionment. Time will tell, but we live in interesting times. 

1 minute ago, ClevelandBrown said:

You think the GOP comes out strong against the D's if it's split between Trumpers and non-retards?

Yeah, the party without any ideology accept being a cult of personality for Trump?

Posted Image

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

Yeah, the party without any ideology accept being a cult of personality for Trump?

I don’t know if either party has any defining ideology. The Republicans were all about Trump and the Democrats were all about defeating Trump. We will see now that Trump is out of the equation. 

3 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

I’m not sure they are even messed up. Just two months ago, they won plenty of House and Senate seats they were expected to lose. I think once the Census comes out, they will gain House seats just due to reapportionment. Time will tell, but we live in interesting times. 

There's clearly a rift in what conservatives want in their leadership. The Trump experiment failed. Now it's on to who is still committed and who isn't.

I think, therefore I'm.

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Ok lefties... get your idiot buttons ready for me like you did last tine we had dems in the White House and both chambers. 

Curious what you think about healthcare.  

As a libertarian I would expect you to be opposed to any government options.  

But as an academic, I would expect you to look at the data and see the US comparative statistics.  I would also expect to realize, like water, much of healthcare is highly in-elastic and could be considered a utility model.  

1 minute ago, masterfrog said:

I don’t know if either party has any defining ideology. The Republicans were all about Trump and the Democrats were all about defeating Trump. We will see now that Trump is out of the equation. 

No....this isn't a point of bothsiderism....Republicans literally did not even write down anything as their platform for the RNC.  It was just, "whatever Trump says that day" is our ideology.

Posted Image

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

I actually think this may be true. This is a pretty significant rebuke of Trumpism.

Biden needs to have a major press conference counter programming at the same time as the farce with Trump.  Cruz will be so pissed the cameras won't be on him. 

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Biden needs to have a major press conference counter programming at the same time as the farce with Trump.  Cruz will be so pissed the cameras won't be on him. 

Probably true, but I think he is way too low key to put the spotlight on himself. I think he could have had a margin of a few in the Senate if he would have gotten out and helped his candidates back in October. 

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Curious what you think about healthcare.  

As a libertarian I would expect you to be opposed to any government options.  

But as an academic, I would expect you to look at the data and see the US comparative statistics.  I would also expect to realize, like water, much of healthcare is highly in-elastic and could be considered a utility model.  

We'll have plenty of time to argue about healthcare. But health care is not like water. Comparing health care to water is like comparing the legal system to coal. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I actually think this may be true. This is a pretty significant rebuke of Trumpism.

Similar to my thoughts on the previous thread page. Trump will always control his base. But for some Republicans they may see it that he is not omnipotent in the party, especially in some regions.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

We'll have plenty of time to argue about healthcare. But health care is not like water. Comparing health care to water is like comparing the legal system to coal. 

We can argue about it later.  I look forward to it. 

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Your mouth to God's ears. But in wonder if it stokes the fire. Who knows?