Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maji

Georgia Senate Runoff Thread

Biden has been reading my posts, 

"If you send Jon and the Reverend to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door, restoring hope and decency and honor for so many people who are struggling right now," Biden said, making his closing argument for the Democrats at a campaign event in Atlanta on Monday. "And if you send (Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler) back to Washington, those checks will never get there," Biden said. "It's just that simple. The power is literally in your hands."

Don't talk about Trump.  Keep the focus on those checks and many Republicans won't vote.   

Posted Image

Binding resolution for statehood for Puerto Rico, cancelation of a large chunk of student debt, or taking weed off the schedule one list. If the Dems win both runoffs they better DO something with this trifecta after telling us how much this matters. I will accept any of the things I listed. 

21 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Binding resolution for statehood for Puerto Rico, cancelation of a large chunk of student debt, or taking weed off the schedule one list. If the Dems win both runoffs they better DO something with this trifecta after telling us how much this matters. I will accept any of the things I listed. 

#1,2 &3 are getting the pandemic under control and the economy, as in earnings not the market stable. Can't make much headway until that's done.

After that is revamping the justice system in terms of racial inequities and moving away from incarceration and towards rehab.

Leveling the playing field in terms of economic inequality and don't forget Healthcare.

Education. Climate change. Energy. Cybersecurity.....and then there's foreign policy.

There is a shitload of work to be done. In a country deeply polarized and half of whom will see the new administration as illegitimate.

One of the Final Five..........

37 minutes ago, mysfit said:

#1,2 &3 are getting the pandemic under control and the economy, as in earnings not the market stable. Can't make much headway until that's done.

After that is revamping the justice system in terms of racial inequities and moving away from incarceration and towards rehab.

Leveling the playing field in terms of economic inequality and don't forget Healthcare.

Education. Climate change. Energy. Cybersecurity.....and then there's foreign policy.

There is a shitload of work to be done. In a country deeply polarized and half of whom will see the new administration as illegitimate.

Canceling a chunk of student debt (and doing something to address the affordability of college moving forward) is dealing with education, and it addresses the economy by giving a huge stimulus to those relieved of debt. Taking marijuana off schedule one does revamp the criminal justice system in terms of racial inequalities and moving away from incarceration and towards rehab. Will also help out states and municipalities with desperately needed tax revenue.  

5 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

That’s perfectly fine with me. I am not advocating for statehood, I want a binding referendum where Puerto Ricans can decide their fate. 

5 hours ago, mysfit said:

I hate to break it to you guys but almost nothing will happen if the filibuster remains in its current form.  I don't care how much they have to buy off Manchin, Murkowski, or Collins to be the 50th vote to change the filibuster rules... they must change.   I am guessing they will force a change to make it a "talking filibuster" and Manchin can say...."see, we didn't eliminate it." 

Manchin has a lot of room to maneuver and be a kingmaker. 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm not buying it. 

I think both Republicans win by 1-2%. 

I'm not buying that it will be the actual result, but multiple sources confirmed the poll was spiked. AJC was probably skeptical of the results

1 minute ago, Maji said:

I'm not buying that it will be the actual result, but multiple sources confirmed it happened. AJC probably spiked the poll because they were skeptical of the results

Yeah, I just meant that I'm not buying any of the polls... and that rumored one seems like a giant outlier on top of it. 

16 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So this is a model that was built solely off of turnout data, and it's mapping pretty closely with the polls.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15QPgURXGlKY2PQfwUfnBzEwelpuZl2SEdMT4DEwRIWE/edit#gid=1720224334

I've actually been following that! It's his first model. One thing that makes projections difficult is that it's impossible to know what election day turnout will be. He also doesn't have access to some data that other analysts (like Nate Cohn) have. 

I'm glad the model is available. It's brave to make it public