Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Gary Andersen Out At Utah State

43 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Jay Hill makes sense, but he'll always leave when Utah calls. I guess you get him for a few seasons.

I'd call up Rich Rod and see what he's doing. Get him for four years.

So would most anyone we hire tho. Perhaps not to Utah, of course, but... Still. 

3 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Then you weren't watching them in the Sun Belt / WAC. They were historically bad for a long time. Not as bad as UNLV, but worse than this. At least the current version has a decent defense. Just say the words Brent Guy to an Aggies fan.

talking-about-plans-infront-somoene-not-

51 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Jay Hill makes sense, but he'll always leave when Utah calls. I guess you get him for a few seasons.

I'd call up Rich Rod and see what he's doing. Get him for four years.

Rich Rod and Helfrich both interviewed last time there was an opening. Im wary of retreads- especially dudes that have had success at P5. A good coach is always going to leave USU but I prefer he do It after 4-5 years versus 1-2.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Rich Rod and Helfrich both interviewed last time there was an opening. Im wary of retreads- especially dudes that have had success at P5. A good coach is always going to leave USU but I prefer he do It after 4-5 years versus 1-2.

Well Gary was the ultimate retread and here we are. I was super surprised you guys hired him back and wasn’t real sure it was @ good idea

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

5 hours ago, madmartigan said:

LOL. Pat yourself on the back why don't you. I find a positive coorelation between the percentage of time is correct and the number of inches above 10 their penis measures.. 

Thank you!  Nobody seems to believe me when I tell them that I'm always right.  Now I have a formula to back it up.

Unfortunately, I can't/won't use that argument with my daughters.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Well Gary was the ultimate retread and here we are. I was super surprised you guys hired him back and wasn’t real sure it was @ good idea

I mean... why do you think I don’t want a retread now?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

16 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

He's 56 years old. That's not too old to be running a show.

That was a attempt at humor, perhaps a bad one, which was a response to borontheblue who that G.A. should fight it in court.

When the dust clears folks will learn this was not a firing, but a mutual decision.

There is no doubt Gary was fired - this was not OSU ver 2.0, he did not walk away or quit nor was it a mutual decision. He was called in and was explained the reasons he was being fired which are with cause and was told he was not allowed to address the team. It may seem ruthless during this crazy C-19 season where teams are not really playing on equal terms from week-to-week but it is a move that needed to happen for the sake of the program.

You have to understand that bringing back Andersen was not the idea or preference of AD Hartwell, this was forced upon him by a prominent booster. It has been more than obvious from day #1 that this is not the same Gary Andersen that left USU after the 11-2 campaign in 2012. He has looked vacant and disengaged from the start. Many people chalked it up to him being older or perhaps being more careful about his health this time around but it seems these were signs of much deeper issues going on. Gary has his own demons to deal with but the vast majority of Aggie fans will always be grateful for what he did for our program the first time around. The problem is much has happened since then and the AD is dedicated to making sure we don't return to the depths we once were prior to the last decade.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:49 AM, TheBigAwesome said:

Damn. That’s fûcked up. In this climate?

Gotta wonder if there’s a cost-cutting consideration here. 

Not sure how that would cut costs they still have to pay him whether he stays or goes.  If anything it will cost more to fire him and pay a new had coach as well.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

2 hours ago, Hoser said:

Not sure how that would cut costs they still have to pay him whether he stays or goes.  If anything it will cost more to fire him and pay a new had coach as well.

1. The last institution on earth that Andersen would hold responsible to pay him is USU. Remember he also walked away from 12.6M on the table at OSU in what was a mutual agreement between him and his old USU AD buddy Scott Barnes. In that case, it was better if the reasons for parting ways were left unreported for the sake of both parties. No program in America would have hired this guy as a HC outside of USU 2 years ago and he knows it.

2. No need to pay anything to an employee that was fired with cause. In this way, it is a bit like history repeating itself where it is better for all involved if he simply accepts his termination and the institution (that does appreciate what he did for the program at one time) doesn't have to drag the dirty details into the public eye and paint the guy in a bad light.