Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

bye bye any shot at the Access bowl and SJSU is now has a GREAT chance to make the MW champ game!

-SJSU is currently favored (per ESPN) in all their games besides @Boise.  A 7-1 record would get them in the champ game

-SDSU is kinda screwed UNLESS teams get games canceled related to COVID OR they drop the BYU game in favor of adding a MW game. Playing only 7 conference games could easily leave them out of a champ game. I don't think 6-1 will get it done. 

-Boise has pressure to go 7-0 in conference. A 6-1 record might not be enough. It would just take two of Nevada, SJSU, Fresno, Hawaii going 7-1 to keep a 6-1 Boise out. Well the odds are probably just one in that group goes 7-1 (SJSU has best shot right now) having two with that record is not impossible. Plus if SDSU drops BYU and adds Air Force the would be added to the group of potential 7-1 teams. 

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

-SJSU is currently favored (per ESPN) in all their games besides @Boise.  A 7-1 record would get them in the champ game

-SDSU is kinda screwed UNLESS teams get games canceled related to COVID OR they drop the BYU game in favor of adding a MW game. Playing only 7 conference games could easily leave them out of a champ game. I don't think 6-1 will get it done. 

-Boise has pressure to go 7-0 in conference. A 6-1 record might not be enough. It would just take two of Nevada, SJSU, Fresno, Hawaii going 7-1 to keep a 6-1 Boise out. Well the odds are probably just one in that group goes 7-1 (SJSU has best shot right now) having two with that record is not impossible. Plus if SDSU drops BYU and adds Air Force the would be added to the group of potential 7-1 teams. 

Are you a retard. Dropping BYU is not even a remote possibility. Rant and rave cry and bitch but you have zero ability to understand why that game happened and way it won’t be replaced.  I’m surrounded by morons.

Covid 19 is the only thing that would cancel the game. 

maybe you could start a gofundmepage to pay for the penalty to get out of the game. SDSU doesn’t have the money and neither does the MWC. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

4 hours ago, robe said:

Are you a retard. Dropping BYU is not even a remote possibility. Rant and rave cry and bitch but you have zero ability to understand why that game happened and way it won’t be replaced.  I’m surrounded by morons.

Covid 19 is the only thing that would cancel the game. 

maybe you could start a gofundmepage to pay for the penalty to get out of the game. SDSU doesn’t have the money and neither does the MWC. 

Wasn't part of the agreement the game could be canceled if the MW needed to make up games?

I mean I know BYU is a much better game for SDSU (and TV) than Air Force. BUT if SDSU is sitting at 6-1 I am pretty sure they would take the Air Force game (and a chance at the MW champ game) over BYU. 6-1 is not going get SDSU in the MW champ game, 7-1 will. 

7 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Unfortunately, we might be seeing back to back games between SJSU and Nev.

Regular season game (last game of the season) and the MW Championship 

Could be right.  Both teams lucked out and avoid CSU this year.  They could run the rest of their schedule.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, thedude15 said:

Wasn't part of the agreement the game could be canceled if the MW needed to make up games?

I mean I know BYU is a much better game for SDSU (and TV) than Air Force. BUT if SDSU is sitting at 6-1 I am pretty sure they would take the Air Force game (and a chance at the MW champ game) over BYU. 6-1 is not going get SDSU in the MW champ game, 7-1 will. 

Yes it was, you retard! ;)

Won't happen though. Friday night wasn't the only game the Aztecs will lose. Once again this year our team is snakebitten by having just a game manager at QB. In some ways he appears to be a better game manager than was Ryan Agnew but I don't see SDSU winning games against decent defenses. Thankfully Hawaii and UNR don't appear to have that so I think we may be able to just ground and pound them into submission and there's no way in hell we don't gash CSU but at this point I don't see us beating Fresno.

On 11/7/2020 at 5:33 AM, thedude15 said:

:hookah:

18 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yes it was, you retard! ;)

Won't happen though. Friday night wasn't the only game the Aztecs will lose. Once again this year our team is snakebitten by having just a game manager at QB. In some ways he appears to be a better game manager than was Ryan Agnew but I don't see SDSU winning games against decent defenses. Thankfully Hawaii and UNR don't appear to have that so I think we may be able to just ground and pound them into submission and there's no way in hell we don't gash CSU but at this point I don't see us beating Fresno.

Does Fresno have a decent defense? I know UNLV's offense is improving week to week, but Fresno didn't exactly look like a defensive juggernaut in that game.

56 minutes ago, bigd said:

Does Fresno have a decent defense? I know UNLV's offense is improving week to week, but Fresno didn't exactly look like a defensive juggernaut in that game.

Ok but not great. Basically Fresno is good enough to beat everyone left on their schedule but also bad enough to lose to everyone left on their schedule lol. Guessing they beat utah state and new mexico and pull one upset out of sjsu/sdsu/Nevada to go 5-3. So not in contention to make mw champ game but will play a role in deciding who makes it.