Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Goodbye MW

56 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I don't even see this as news.  Harsin has always wanted a tougher football conference.  Every good G5 coach probably does.  He's just the coach.  

As football is the breadwinner at Boise State, folks listen when the head coach sounds off.

10 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

As football is the breadwinner at Boise State, folks listen when the head coach sounds off.

It sounds to me like Harsin was pissed because Hair is a toadie that has no plan of action and was in "wait and see" mode as usual, so Apsey made a quick call to the WCC commissioner about housing Olys and she said what we all know, which is that Boise State does not fit with their model and they aren't looking to expand anyway.

How people are wound up about this is beyond me.  

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

15 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

True and it's clear the school admin is listening.  But he's not Boise and he's not the university.  He's speaking his mind about his wish list.

3 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

It sounds to me like Harsin was pissed because Hair is a toadie that has no plan of action and was in "wait and see" mode as usual, so Apsey made a quick call to the WCC commissioner about housing Olys and she said what we all know, which is that Boise State does not fit with their model and they aren't looking to expand anyway.

And Harsin saw Apsey as a toadie too.  He wants toadies out of his way.  The result of this could be a new commissioner or a new gig for Harsin as much as it is a conference swap.

Folks here know that Boise is pretty well stuck and totally pissed off about that..I would like to offer some sympathy for your plight but you left before.  Nobody cares about Harsin or the arrogance on display..We are just having fun with Boise posters..50 pages..A worthy goal.

5 minutes ago, roughrider said:

True and it's clear the school admin is listening.  But he's not Boise and he's not the university.  He's speaking his mind about his wish list.

Tromp is impressive.  She caned Apsey and clearly has it out for Thompson after his two faced shit during media negotiations.

When Thompson is fired as part of settling our lawsuit I hope the posters here give a big thanks.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Tromp is impressive.  She caned Apsey and clearly has it out for Thompson after his two faced shit during media negotiations.

When Thompson is fired as part of settling our lawsuit I hope the posters here give a big thanks.

You are suing your conference mates..You want to be paid by your conference mates..You want your conference mates to pay your lawyers as well as their own..Nobody will give a crap about Thompson one way or the other. Boise will always be the bad guys..

Just now, nvspuds said:

You are suing your conference mates..You want to be paid by your conference mates..You want your conference mates to pay your lawyers as well as their own..Nobody will give a crap about Thompson one way or the other. Boise will always be the bad guys..

Yeah, if Thompson were to be fired nobody here would talk about it, I am sure.

Thompson is not the key player here..Boise is suing conference mates..You guys are the big timers here.  Now if Boise would completely drop the lawsuit and pay all legal fees in exchange for Thompson getting fired you might be on to something..Do you think that sort of settlement is in the cards?  

3 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Thompson is not the key player here..Boise is suing conference mates..You guys are the big timers here.  Now if Boise would completely drop the lawsuit and pay all legal fees in exchange for Thompson getting fired you might be on to something..Do you think that sort of settlement is in the cards?  

That would be interesting.  If they had a big say in the new commissioner.  Not a hand picked by Thompson hire.  I'd love to see the response to that question by Tromp.   This is a long term issue so giving up short term revenue might be in the cards.

8 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Drop the lawsuit in exchange for all legal fees being split among the conference and Thompson being fired?  Maybe, actually.  Make no mistake, Tromp wants his head.  Telling her one thing while plotting a nasty surprise clearly did not sit well.

44 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

If this was all, then yes I'd agree.  But given Boise's filed lawsuit against the MWC at the beginning of 2020, combined with Harsin's comments, equals this ain't business as usual and something rotten is still amongst us.

Could just be Thompson.

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

If this was all, then yes I'd agree.  But given Boise's filed lawsuit against the MWC at the beginning of 2020 (which was resolved), combined with Harsin's comments, leaves smoke.  Like something's going on.

Boise doesn't drop hints..They want to leave..They always want to leave..Whether they can or not is an open question. That just adds to their general and normal crankiness..

On 11/7/2020 at 1:43 AM, boisewitha-s said:

Football to AAC is done. Olys to wcc. Their invite wouldn’t have been accepted until mw tried to fight tv money that was agreed upon.  Good luck mw leeches. 

Now that their season is over when is the announcement coming?  We’re all waiting with bated breath

20 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Why do people keep starting new threads when this thread was the original?

Because, according to all the reports, you guys aren’t going anywhere. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater