Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Goodbye MW

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

First sentence not true.  Second sentence true, though market trumps geography in the hierarchy, which is why schools like NIU and CSU have been placeholders in the past despite not exactly being compelling options.

Who is interested in joining the AAC?  

From what conferences?

18 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who is interested in joining the AAC?  

From what conferences?

Information is now dated because true conversations haven’t taken place on the matter since just after UCONN announced its departure.  I won’t pretend to know if things are different today.  Back then UCF received correspondence from schools representing every G5 conference though.  Based on my understanding whenever expansion/refill does happen there isn’t a g5 that wouldn’t be interested, though practicality just isn’t there for some like Hawaii as an example.  Also, just so you know since you’re a fan, BYU was one of the schools to contact us as well, they were very much interested.  They’d be in the aac already if they were okay with equitable membership.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Information is now dated because true conversations haven’t taken place on the matter since just after UCONN announced its departure.  I won’t pretend to know if things are different today.  Back then UCF received correspondence from schools representing every G5 conference though.  Based on my understanding whenever expansion/refill does happen there isn’t a g5 that wouldn’t be interested, though practicality just isn’t there for some like Hawaii as an example.  Also, just so you know since you’re a fan, BYU was one of the schools to contact us as well, they were very much interested.  They’d be in the aac already if they were okay with equitable membership.

Provide a link proving that BYU asked to join.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Provide a link proving that BYU asked to join.

Not possible, we don’t conduct meetings in a way where ‘links’ are a thing.  Besides I’m not violating a NDA and jeopardizing my position just to provide details to something that is rather unremarkable in scope.  Of course they were interested, It’s not worth it.  

17 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

BYU hasn't called UCF for any reason other than a home and home and prices on beach front property. GTFO of here with that nonsense.

They absolutely did, and we weren’t the only ones they called either.

And the Mormons already own over a third of undeveloped land in east central to southern Florida.  They don’t need to call about land prices.

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Not possible, we don’t conduct meetings in a way where ‘links’ are a thing.  Besides I’m not violating a NDA and jeopardizing my position just to provide details to something that is rather unremarkable in scope.  Of course they were interested, It’s not worth it.  

NDA LMAO

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Oh, so it's in your imagination.

8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The AAC's new member will most certainly come from C-USA. They can't afford BYU and the MAC schools don't have the money to invest, facilities, or community support. The only Sunbelt school who would do it is Arkansas State, Louisiana, App State, and Georgia State. GA State is the best fit but they are in GA Tech's shadow, literally.

No one, especially post Covid out west will come unless it's for all sports and if the AAC goes to 14. Boise State already tested football only and it doesn't work financially. Plus no conference out west wants it.

BYU like's where they're at in football. Lately they've enjoyed the WCC as well.

The AAC is almost certainly looking at UAB, Old Dominion, and Rice. Would not be completely shocked if Liberty was in play because of the cash. After that only Southern Miss, La Tech, and Marshall have any relevant football history. But they just don't fit. My guess is UAB or ODU with UAB as the front runner.

Liberty isn’t happening, they are hated at the administrative level.  I see why you say UAB, it’s certainly possible I guess. ODU isn’t happening for fb.  I haven’t heard anything about Rice but aside from having money and academics I don’t think they check enough boxes due to redundancy of the Texas market for the aac.  

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

BYU will go to a P5 or nowhere. They have too much pride.

BYU is doing fine as an Indy / WCC

The AAC is too far away.

The MWC is sadly dying.  The only schools that care are Boise, SDSU, and AFA.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

That's not true. SJSU, Colorado State, Wyoming, and Utah State have spent millions on stadium upgrades.

Those schools are fine, and do try, but they can't recruit very well, for whatever reason.

And only Wyoming is the big dog in its State.

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

BYU has been fading a long time, I’m glad you have a good season this year but the future is murky at best.

OK

20 minutes ago, Fowl said:

NDA lmao. 

You would have already Broken the “NDA” by mentioning the name of the school. 

Not in my terms, which you wouldn’t be privy to as NDA’s are case specific.  I can talk about whoever I want in the terms I have as my agreement is with the school itself and not the athletic department, the fiduciary specifics are what I can’t discuss and that’s where the line is drawn. I realize how it may seem to the casual outside observer so I have no issues with you or someone else being a little incredulous about what I’m saying.  At the end of the day I’m ok with it, am happy to discuss what I can and am not overly concerned about the circumstances or feelings.

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU is doing fine as an Indy / WCC

The AAC is too far away.

The MWC is sadly dying.  The only schools that care are Boise, SDSU, and AFA.

I love your posts Stunner. They are concise, peculiar and in this case at least 2/3 true.