Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Goodbye MW

2 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Here is a 14 page thread on the AAC board regarding Boisewithas supposed “inside” information, many, many posters disagree 100% with you:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-910177.html

My inside info doesn’t come from a message board.  That website gives me a migraine just looking at the formatting. Not going to read, sorry.  Would be happy to discuss talking points you find significant from there though!

13 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

My inside info doesn’t come from a message board.  That website gives me a migraine just looking at the formatting. Not going to read, sorry.  Would be happy to discuss talking points you find significant from there though!

Lol @ Not going to read, AKA Sticks fingers in ears and says, “la la la la la la la la I can’t hear you”.

3 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Here is a 14 page thread on the AAC board regarding Boisewithas supposed “inside” information, many, many posters disagree 100% with you:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-910177.html

That board is hard to read 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Cocoa Beach is an hour east, Brah!

I have some beach front property in San Bernadino for sale. You interested?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Not exactly 

I have read almost half that 14 page post. Here are the two main opinions in short:

1. We do not want Boise under any circumstance but we will take BYU.

2. We do want BYU but if they will not come we will take Air Force or Boise. But only if Boise plays by OUR rules and does not ask for special favors.

To be fair a small number of posters actually want Boise, perhaps 10 to 15 percent.

1 hour ago, 1066 said:

I have read almost half that 14 page post. Here are the two main opinions in short:

2. We do want BYU but if they will not come we will take Air Force or Boise. But only if Boise plays by OUR rules and does not ask for special favors.

To be fair a small number of posters actually want Boise, perhaps 10 to 15 percent.

you're being dishonest. why?

15 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You are conflating two completely different conversations to the same point.  It’s dishonest.  The lack of ‘juice’ is based on Boise having zero leverage in pushing themselves into the aac.  The up and coming teams out east don’t matter until expansion happens, they have no ‘juice’ either, but they also aren’t trying to swing their toddler dick around like Boise either.  

My comment that you improperly quoted  was saying that in order for Boise to get picked up there would have to be an all out western expansion of three teams for it to happen.  I never said there were three eastern teams the aac is interested in.  Again, completely different topics.

My copy/paste is broke?

You literally said that there are "more up and coming teams" in the East. I'm assuming the "more" is more up-and-coming than teams in the West like Boise State? Like BYU? I'm hard-pressed to think of one. Just looking for help as I'm befuddled. There are a couple of one offs that have had a season or two, but that's all I got.

52 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

My copy/paste is broke?

You literally said that there are "more up and coming teams" in the East. I'm assuming the "more" is more up-and-coming than teams in the West like Boise State? Like BYU? I'm hard-pressed to think of one. Just looking for help as I'm befuddled. There are a couple of one offs that have had a season or two, but that's all I got.

Have you heard of Appalachian State, Louisiana Rajun Cajun, and Marshall? They are big time.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

45 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Trying to figure our how to watch this Hawaii game has me wishing this was real and we were leaving to...just sayin

We already have a San Diego school, so we good.  

4 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

We already have a San Diego school, so we good.  

We aren't going anywhere, but these Hawaii games are getting harder and harder to watch each season it feels like. Like an out of date software bolt on that barely works. 

7 hours ago, 1066 said:

Ok those are fair positions. I have no n qualms with either.  It’s ok that 1/10 or so want Boise, that seems about right.  Obviously there aren’t any concessions coming to them or BYU so that’s off the table.  AF (as I understand it) isn’t really in play.  I understand the talk amongst fans but as of almost an year ago they weren’t getting any minutes in the meeting.  Army did but even that was minimal.

9 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

My copy/paste is broke?

More as in there’s more out there now than whenever Boise was establishing itself as a candidate in the past.  The long story short of this is that there are probably a few options out there, but only one that has any consistent interest from all parties.  Option 2 (SDSU) is a distant second but also ahead of 3 through whatever, which are all on the same scale of desirability/‘market’/fill in the blank.  

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Ok those are fair positions. I have no n qualms with either.  It’s ok that 1/10 or so want Boise, that seems about right.  Obviously there aren’t any concessions coming to them or BYU so that’s off the table.  AF (as I understand it) isn’t really in play.  I understand the talk amongst fans but as of almost an year ago they weren’t getting any minutes in the meeting.  Army did but even that was minimal.

The only schools that are interested in joining the AAC are in CUSA.

Marshall would be a good geographic fit.

36 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The only schools that are interested in joining the AAC are in CUSA.

Marshall would be a good geographic fit.

First sentence not true.  Second sentence true, though market trumps geography in the hierarchy, which is why schools like NIU and CSU have been placeholders in the past despite not exactly being compelling options.