Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Goodbye MW

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You said Orlando was near the ocean. I went down there last October for a tennis tournament hoping to get some surfing in and the ocean was nowhere near Orlando. 

Were you at the new lake Nona facility? That’s only 35 minutes from the best surfing on the east coast.  It’s literally on the beachline expressway. It’s quite the facility.

4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Were you at the new lake Nona facility? That’s only 35 minutes from the best surfing on the east coast.  It’s literally on the beachline expressway. It’s quite the facility.

Yes, It’s a very nice facility. I was just joshing you on the surfing part. However, Orlando has more tourist traps per square mile than anywhere else in the states. 

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum here with regard to what would need to happen for westward expansion.  Bottom line MWC teams are on the back burner unless there is a significant shakeup in the current aac membership and it’s no guarantee that should expansion occur that it’ll be out west anyway-with the investment into and emergence of some eastern programs. A lot of it will depend on BYU, basically expansion westward is all on whether or not they come to their senses or continue to fade away.  This season is largely a wash anyway but it’s believed that when byu doesn’t get the bowl they want coupled with financial realities setting in that  they will reassess their affiliation status.  I don’t think it’ll happen personally because the aac isn’t acquiescing to byu, they’ll have to acquiesce to the aac.  BYU didn’t with the big 12 and I don’t think they will YET with the aac, reality of their placement/situation isn’t a strong suit of the BYU leadership apparently.  

I'm sooo disappointed. I really wanted to see your list of the "emerging" eastern programs. I don't think the AAC is too interested in western expansion nor is Boise State interested in the AAC unless it includes a number of western teams (like the first go 'round when Tulane (?!?!?) was added).  I just get a kick out of the AAC board saying "BYU, ummm Air Force, doh, Colorado State and then maybe San Diego State." when most on that board discuss western expansion.

I'm just curious about which eastern teams there is even a remote interest in regarding their football programs.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum here with regard to what would need to happen for westward expansion.  Bottom line MWC teams are on the back burner unless there is a significant shakeup in the current aac membership and it’s no guarantee that should expansion occur that it’ll be out west anyway-with the investment into and emergence of some eastern programs. A lot of it will depend on BYU, basically expansion westward is all on whether or not they come to their senses or continue to fade away.  This season is largely a wash anyway but it’s believed that when byu doesn’t get the bowl they want coupled with financial realities setting in that  they will reassess their affiliation status.  I don’t think it’ll happen personally because the aac isn’t acquiescing to byu, they’ll have to acquiesce to the aac.  BYU didn’t with the big 12 and I don’t think they will YET with the aac, reality of their placement/situation isn’t a strong suit of the BYU leadership apparently.  

Let's talk about acquiescing. If BYU and Boise showed up at your meetings and said "We want to join", we're in.  It's that simple.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Let's talk about acquiescing. If BYU and Boise showed up at your meetings and said "We want to join", we're in.  It's that simple.

Boise doesn’t have the juice, sorry.  I don’t enjoy talking about that stuff so I won’t elaborate.  BYU would be only in if they withdrew their demands that have kept them on the outside looking in.  They’ll have to play by the same rules as everyone else.  

3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Boise doesn’t have the juice, sorry.  I don’t enjoy talking about that stuff so I won’t elaborate.  BYU would be only in if they withdrew their demands that have kept them on the outside looking in.  They’ll have to play by the same rules as everyone else.  

Boise has every bit as much juice as Cincy, UCF, Houston, or whoever else you think your top team is. So does BYU. You guys aren't the big deal you think you are. BYU could join your league tomorrow if they wanted to.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Boise has every bit as much juice as Cincy, UCF, Houston, or whoever else you think your top team is. So does BYU. You guys aren't the big deal you think you are. BYU could join your league tomorrow if they wanted to.

Boise doesn’t have enough juice? That shit is laughable. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Yes, It’s a very nice facility. I was just joshing you on the surfing part. However, Orlando has more tourist traps per square mile than anywhere else in the states. 

It’s possible, but the southern Appalachia mountain area is almost 100% tourist driven and has no shortage of traps.  Orlando at least has a diverse economy now.  

5 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don’t think you’re reading my words correctly.  BYU could join tomorrow, so long as they agree to the terms set forth.  I believe I made that clear.  Putting BYU and Boise in the same sentence is a fools errand though.  I have nothing against Boise and wish nothing but the best for the school and their fans.  I’m not interested in elucidating the rather obvious reasons the juice isn’t there, I’m not interested in talking bad about them.

11 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don’t think you’re reading my words correctly.  BYU could join tomorrow, so long as they agree to the terms set forth.  I believe I made that clear.  Putting BYU and Boise in the same sentence is a fools errand though.  I have nothing against Boise and wish nothing but the best for the school and their fans.  I’m not interested in elucidating the rather obvious reasons the juice isn’t there, I’m not interested in talking bad about them.

Boise and BYU are both bigger brands than anyone in your league. Please, do spell out the rather obvious reasons the juice isn't there. I'll wait. You AAC kids are cute with your big talk.

34 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

I'm sooo disappointed. I really wanted to see your list of the "emerging" eastern programs. I don't think the AAC is too interested in western expansion nor is Boise State interested in the AAC unless it includes a number of western teams (like the first go 'round when Tulane (?!?!?) was added).  I just get a kick out of the AAC board saying "BYU, ummm Air Force, doh, Colorado State and then maybe San Diego State." when most on that board discuss western expansion.

I'm just curious about which eastern teams there is even a remote interest in regarding their football programs.

This isn’t about current interest in eastern programs, the point being made is that there are non-Mwc programs that have been investing in themselves that fit better geographically, culturally, and competitively that weren’t exactly known/on the table whenever Boise was originally viewed as an expansion candidate.  The times have changed a lot this decade; it’s not anything Boise is doing wrong on their end, their deck just doesn’t have enough cards in it.  My information is now a little dated on the matter (hasn’t been discussed on a conference level since before coronavirus) but the aac only has interest in one school for football currently.

23 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Boise and BYU are both bigger brands than anyone in your league. Please, do spell out the rather obvious reasons the juice isn't there. I'll wait. You AAC kids are cute with your big talk.

As I’ve made clear over the years, I don’t care about the aac, just my school.  I make what may seem to be pro-aac comments at times but it only happens when someone makes a silly comment and I point it out. I never once have been a cheerleader here for any conference, that’s a ridiculous assertion.

Again, it is foolish to put Boise and BYU together in the same breath.  Branding? What are you even talking about?  Boise’s market share is on par with Marshall, and many would view that as an insult to Marshall.  Boise would be at best the 6th biggest brand in the conference.  I would throw a bone and say they’re bigger than SMU but let’s be real, SMU has more of everything than Boise.  You really need to update your understanding of branding.  

5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

As I’ve made clear over the years, I don’t care about the aac, just my school.  I make what may seem to be pro-aac comments at times but it only happens when someone makes a silly comment and I point it out. I never once have been a cheerleader here for any conference, that’s a ridiculous assertion.

Again, it is foolish to put Boise and BYU together in the same breath.  Branding? What are you even talking about?  Boise’s market share is on par with Marshall, and many would view that as an insult to Marshall.  Boise would be at best the 6th biggest brand in the conference.  I would throw a bone and say they’re bigger than SMU but let’s be real, SMU has more of everything than Boise.  You really need to update your understanding of branding.  

SMU doesn't even control their market. Neither does Houston. Neither does UCF. None of you do. You're all afterthoughts in your home area, second, third, fourth or fifth to the Big 12, SEC, and ACC. I'm not sure you have a good understanding of what you're purporting.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

SMU doesn't even control their market. Neither does Houston. Neither does UCF. None of you do. You're all afterthoughts in your home area, second, third, fourth or fifth to the Big 12, SEC, and ACC. I'm not sure you have a good understanding of what you're purporting.

They don’t have to ‘control their market’.  In Idaho, you do.  These schools are not playing the same game as you, that’s one of the reasons the deck is stacked against you guys.  You are making my argument for me. UCF has more market in California than Boise does in Idaho in terms of $ as an example.  Cali only represents UCF’s fifth biggest state for market share. You’re just dealing in really small terms.  The reality is that Boise is kind of in a sad situation that many could sympathize with but they have a small vocal base that is very polarizing, which makes it tough.  

11 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They don’t have to ‘control their market’.  In Idaho, you do.  These schools are not playing the same game as you, that’s one of the reasons the deck is stacked against you guys.  You are making my argument for me. UCF has more market in California than Boise does in Idaho in terms of $ as an example.  Cali only represents UCF’s fifth biggest state for market share. You’re just dealing in really small terms.  The reality is that Boise is kind of in a sad situation that many could sympathize with but they have a small vocal base that is very polarizing, which makes it tough.  

mila kunis lol GIF

Ok.

Did I hear a WOOSH? said, "It would take expansion of at least 3 teams and that’s under the presumption that the aac wouldn’t look East which recently has been where the more up and coming teams have been located."

Please provide at least 3 up-and-coming teams from the East that have more "juice" than Boise State. And I'm confident I won't get an answer that will change my mind, even after the 51-17 shellacking BSU suffered last Friday!

Again, thanks in advance (we're all counting on you!)...

2 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Did I hear a WOOSH? said, "It would take expansion of at least 3 teams and that’s under the presumption that the aac wouldn’t look East which recently has been where the more up and coming teams have been located."

Please provide at least 3 up-and-coming teams from the East that have more "juice" than Boise State. And I'm confident I won't get an answer that will change my mind, even after the 51-17 shellacking BSU suffered last Friday!

Again, thanks in advance (we're all counting on you!)...

You are conflating two completely different conversations to the same point.  It’s dishonest.  The lack of ‘juice’ is based on Boise having zero leverage in pushing themselves into the aac.  The up and coming teams out east don’t matter until expansion happens, they have no ‘juice’ either, but they also aren’t trying to swing their toddler dick around like Boise either.  

My comment that you improperly quoted  was saying that in order for Boise to get picked up there would have to be an all out western expansion of three teams for it to happen.  I never said there were three eastern teams the aac is interested in.  Again, completely different topics.

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You are conflating two completely different conversations to the same point.  It’s dishonest.  The lack of ‘juice’ is based on Boise having zero leverage in pushing themselves into the aac.  The up and coming teams out east don’t matter until expansion happens, they have no ‘juice’ either, but they also aren’t trying to swing their toddler dick around like Boise either.  

My comment that you improperly quoted  was saying that in order for Boise to get picked up there would have to be an all out western expansion of three teams for it to happen.  I never said there were three eastern teams the aac is interested in.  Again, completely different topics.

Here is a 14 page thread on the AAC board regarding Boisewithas supposed “inside” information, many, many posters disagree 100% with you:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-910177.html