Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Goodbye MW

30 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

That's what I thought. So the earliest they can leave without a serious fight/issue would be the 2022-23 Academic Year then?

That's my understanding, yes.  Someome can correct me if I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don't buy the OP's goodbye yet.  Nothing official has been announced, no roomers outside of here. 

What are roomers. Did you want to use rumors or is roomers a southeastern word which we in the west have not used? Or did you mean several people all living in one room? That may also be a southeastern word.

4 minutes ago, 1066 said:

What are roomers. Did you want to use rumors or is roomers a southeastern word which we in the west have not used? Or did you mean several people all living in one room? That may also be a southeastern word.

first off, I was the one who said roomers.  Not Whoosh.

Second, I got it off AztecMesa which I have lurked for years.

12 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You guys should be on ESPN.

Fox Sports is bad.

Boise State is synonymous with ESPN.  Let's hope Hair can somehow remedy this mistake.

Fat chance...

My confidence in Tromp to improve our situation in basically zero; she probably affirms Hair’s dipshit ideas...

Dr. Bob, where can you be?!?!?!

New-Signature.jpg

9 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

first off, I was the one who said roomers.  Not Whoosh.

Second, I got it off AztecMesa which I have lurked for years.

My apology to Whoosh.  Aztec Mesa has not had one mistake of any kind in the last 75 years. You must be referring to Boise half/and half.

20 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m not sure if OP was being serious but BSU isn’t on the aac radar and hasn’t been for the better half of a decade. If the conference needs to refill lost members then west coast expansion would probably include BSU but they aren’t even at the top of the short list.  It would take expansion of at least 3 teams and that’s under the presumption that the aac wouldn’t look East which recently has been where the more up and coming teams have been located.

So I don't believe anything in this thread, but for entertainment purposes, please list the AAC's Top 3 expansion candidates (and more than 3 is OK as well, as long as they are "up and coming teams" from the East).

Thanks in advance...

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If the above happens, does it mean all Boise State fans will be purged from this glorious board? 

I wonder if Apsey getting demoted has anything to do with a switch in conference? if our new AD is an eastern dude the hand writing will be on the wall. 

We allow folks from other conferences and even independents to comment..You would still be welcomed...Though probably not pleasantly at first..

17 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

We allow folks from other conferences and even independents to comment..You would still be welcomed...Though probably not pleasantly at first..

Good. If all the posters on the AAC board are like Woosh, I’m not sure I could handle it. I wouldn’t miss Hair though. 

53 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If the above happens, does it mean all Boise State fans will be purged from this glorious board? 

I wonder if Apsey getting demoted has anything to do with a switch in conference? if our new AD is an eastern dude the hand writing will be on the wall. 

No Boise purge.  see BYU and Utah as proof 

3 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

So I don't believe anything in this thread, but for entertainment purposes, please list the AAC's Top 3 expansion candidates (and more than 3 is OK as well, as long as they are "up and coming teams" from the East).

Thanks in advance...

This has been discussed ad nauseum here with regard to what would need to happen for westward expansion.  Bottom line MWC teams are on the back burner unless there is a significant shakeup in the current aac membership and it’s no guarantee that should expansion occur that it’ll be out west anyway-with the investment into and emergence of some eastern programs. A lot of it will depend on BYU, basically expansion westward is all on whether or not they come to their senses or continue to fade away.  This season is largely a wash anyway but it’s believed that when byu doesn’t get the bowl they want coupled with financial realities setting in that  they will reassess their affiliation status.  I don’t think it’ll happen personally because the aac isn’t acquiescing to byu, they’ll have to acquiesce to the aac.  BYU didn’t with the big 12 and I don’t think they will YET with the aac, reality of their placement/situation isn’t a strong suit of the BYU leadership apparently.  

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Yes...just like the BYU fans :ph34r: