Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boisewitha-s

Goodbye MW

I was wishing this was one of those super-weird farewell messages from those super-weird bipolar MW poster, which pops up from time to time...

Instead, without reading the entire first page, BSU loosing regional rivalries, but at least being in the AAC, we'd get a bump in recruiting, and people wouldn't settle for Harsin dropping two every season and getting beaten down hard on the Blue by BYU.

I'm taking SUDS, because let's face it, they've shown competitiveness in FB and BB more consistently than Fresno.

So, BSU & BYU, on ESPN again, with all sorts of MW scheduling, currently like BYU.

What's hilarious, Gentlemen?  The MW will accept scheduling offers proffered by BSU, hat-in-hand, because it's the MW, and Hair's the front-man!!

New-Signature.jpg

On 11/8/2020 at 3:00 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Damn, you’re on a roll !!  Unfortunately it’s the roll of a little child that thinks he’s knows everything about narcotics and alcohol, Doctor Doogie. 

You’re just continuing to embarrass yourself. Everyone knows there’s a double standard in our culture regarding   alcohol being legal and other drugs not. We’ll have to live with that one. However, there’s no good reason to open up another door that brings the same destruction as alcohol, or worse. 

Legal prescription opioids is a dumb comparison because they’re medically needed and not recreational. You have to sign a contract with your doc in which every month you get tested for the drug you’re taking, and also random surprise tests. If you’re not on the drug you’re prescribed or are positive for an illegal narcotic, you get dropped and it could even mean charges brought against you. A doc won’t prescribe enough to make you a threat on the highways, and you’re not supposed to drive at all if it makes you sleepy. Nice try!!! 

Convert, how old are you?

What degrees, if any, do you hold?

New-Signature.jpg

16 hours ago, creeper86 said:

This year it’ll happen? Just asking...

Never going to happen until we have a QB who isn't just a game manager. Props to you guys, Hawaii, et al. for almost always being superior at that position.

The new OC Hecklinski isn't going to be content with that and assuming William Haskell isn't lured away by U of A or ASU or some other P5 and signs with SDSU next month, we will have a QB on the roster with playmaking potential. However, you have to think Haskell will redshirt in 2021 so unless we bring in a non-game manager transfer, we will have no shot at the NY6 berth until at least 2022. Opening the new stadium that year should help too.

11 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Unfortunately, early returns suggest you'll be crying for Rocky soon...be careful what you wish for...

Since we won our first two games by a cumulative score of 72-13, by saying that, you're implying your team sucks because we lost to you. I don't think that's the case but if you insist, that's fine with me.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, tailingpermit said:

Yes, NASCAR Truck series pushed our kickoff time.  

At least we’ll be on ESPN when in Provo.  

NGL, I tuned in to watch and saw that and starting wondering how this new reality would go over in Boise. Welcome to the suck.

13 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Not after stepping all over our dicks.

Good teams respond after bad outings. Either the Bows get whipped, or these are still Rocky's Spaztecs.

Yeah, I loved Rocky for all he did but I think he only had one season without back to back losses even with all the winning. 

18 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Since we won our first two games by a cumulative score of 72-13, by saying that, you're implying your team sucks because we lost to you. I don't think that's the case but if you insist, that's fine with me.

Pfft, if we had a top tier MW QB we would probably be undefeated right now. Hoke will be able to recruit the QB position like Rocky never could and our 2021 QB recruit kind of already proves that. 

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Nope, but SJS can, and needs to be, much better.

I truly don’t think SDS is at the top of the conference-I’d love to be wrong, but I think even an avg D can scheme to make that QB beat them, but can he? The above said, it would be nice to see SDS manhandle HI this weekend, but that will be surprising.

22 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Nope, but SJS can, and needs to be, much better.

I truly don’t think SDS is at the top of the conference-I’d love to be wrong, but I think even an avg D can scheme to make that QB beat them, but can he? The above said, it would be nice to see SDS manhandle HI this weekend, but that will be surprising.

In previous years we've struggled once the book on our offense is out there...seems we're still limited at QB and at WR (We have a lot of good hands, but no burners) and so stretching the D is probably not very realistic. 

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

I was wishing this was one of those super-weird farewell messages from those super-weird bipolar MW poster, which pops up from time to time...

Instead, without reading the entire first page, BSU loosing regional rivalries, but at least being in the AAC, we'd get a bump in recruiting, and people wouldn't settle for Harsin dropping two every season and getting beaten down hard on the Blue by BYU.

I'm taking SUDS, because let's face it, they've shown competitiveness in FB and BB more consistently than Fresno.

So, BSU & BYU, on ESPN again, with all sorts of MW scheduling, currently like BYU.

What's hilarious, Gentlemen?  The MW will accept scheduling offers proffered by BSU, hat-in-hand, because it's the MW, and Hair's the front-man!!

You guys should be on ESPN.

Fox Sports is bad.

Boise State is synonymous with ESPN.  Let's hope Hair can somehow remedy this mistake.

I’m not sure if OP was being serious but BSU isn’t on the aac radar and hasn’t been for the better half of a decade. If the conference needs to refill lost members then west coast expansion would probably include BSU but they aren’t even at the top of the short list.  It would take expansion of at least 3 teams and that’s under the presumption that the aac wouldn’t look East which recently has been where the more up and coming teams have been located.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Boise State is synonymous with ESPN.  Let's hope Hair can somehow remedy this mistake.

It isn’t really, if it was then the negotiations wouldn’t have worked out the way they did. It’s not up to bsu anyway, if they had the numbers they’d be in the aac and on ESPN already.

FS isn’t that bad really, just not what the Mwc needs.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It isn’t really, if it was then the negotiations wouldn’t have worked out the way they did. It’s not up to bsu anyway, if they had the numbers they’d be in the aac and on ESPN already.

FS isn’t that bad really, just not what the Mwc needs.

You're wrong.

Boise is suing the MWC over the TV deal.

11 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

What's the notification deadline for leaving the conference? Wouldn't they have already needed to announce if they plan to move for the 2021-22 Academic Year?

I believe it's June 30th.  IF Boise is leaving though, AND planning to leave early, they'd have to pay a pretty penny.

I don't buy the OP's goodbye yet.  Nothing official has been announced, no roomers outside of here. 

4 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I believe it's June 30th.  IF Boise is leaving though, AND planning to leave early, they'd have to pay a pretty penny.

I don't buy the OP's goodbye yet.  Nothing official has been announced, no roomers outside of here. 

That's what I thought. So the earliest they can leave without a serious fight/issue would be the 2022-23 Academic Year then?

33 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

At this point it doesn’t make much sense for them to leave the mw.  It’s the best option on the table for them.