Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Straight up props to SJSU

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Ditto this. I’ve been a dick about SJSU but props are due here for a potential MW champion.

I feel all this potential MW camps talk is VERY premature. Yes we did get a good win and are 3-0, but we are nowhere near that stage. We play Boise, who we have never beat, Hawaii on the island, and Nevada who frustratingly has our number (see last years game as an example). 

Lose 2 of those games and all of a sudden we could be out of it. I do think we have a good chance at being 5-0. But then again, Fresno is a rivalry game and those games are always toss ups. 

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

20 minutes ago, sprtnfan said:

I feel all this potential MW camps talk is VERY premature. Yes we did get a good win and are 3-0, but we are nowhere near that stage. We play Boise, who we have never beat, Hawaii on the island, and Nevada who frustratingly has our number (see last years game as an example). 

Lose 2 of those games and all of a sudden we could be out of it. I do think we have a good chance at being 5-0. But then again, Fresno is a rivalry game and those games are always toss ups. 

Hawaii game is at home

Stay focused Spartans, UNLV may have lost yesterday but they're improved too. And the Rebels Head Coach Marcus Arroyo was a Spartan QB and Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach. I think SJSU vs UNLV will be a great game. :cheers:

4 minutes ago, crixus said:

Stay focused Spartans, UNLV may have lost yesterday but they're improved too. And the Rebels Head Coach Marcus Arroyo was a Spartan QB and Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach. I think SJSU vs UNLV will be a great game. :cheers:

Agreed.  This feels like a trap game to me.  

1 hour ago, crixus said:

I don't know about you, but I hated Marcus Arroyo as an OC. Everything was too lateral. You can only run so many bubble screens before they get sniffed out.

37 minutes ago, Laconian said:

I don't know about you, but I hated Marcus Arroyo as an OC. Everything was too lateral. You can only run so many bubble screens before they get sniffed out.

Wasn't he OC in 2008 when one of the best defenses in program history was wasted because the offense was so bad? 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:11 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

If someone photoshops his face onto a freight train I’ll make it my profile pic.

BrenaLong2018.jpg

It's a passenger train since no one really rides a freight train. And it's crappy quality because that makes it funny. Not because I have zero photo editing skills. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

22 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

BrenaLong2018.jpg

It's a passenger train since no one really rides a freight train. And it's crappy quality because that makes it funny. Not because I have zero photo editing skills. 

Hell yeah brother. CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOO

9 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Hell yeah brother. CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOO

I'm loving it. 

46 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

BrenaLong2018.jpg

It looks better than the Trump Train, I'll give you that. :cheers:

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, crixus said:

It looks better than the Trump Train, I'll give you that. :cheers:

If he gets us a MWC championship while he's here, I'll write him in for Prez in 4 years. 

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

If he gets us a MWC championship while he's here, I'll write him in for Prez in 4 years. 

But you know what success does to our head football coaches, they leave us and then tank at their next job. 

th?id=OIP.8YBI3fXwocGxkn94HOZU7gHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=251&h=168

Just now, crixus said:

But you know what success does to our head football coaches, they leave us and then tank at their next job. 

I think Brennan stays a little longer than most would. I am being unusually optimistic here.

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I think Brennan stays a little longer than most would. I am being unusually optimistic here.

If I were Brennan I would look at Mac and think, “maybe I don’t just leap at the first opportunity that presents itself.” I think Mac did a decent job at CU, but it’s just a hard place to win consistently. 

48 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If I were Brennan I would look at Mac and think, “maybe I don’t just leap at the first opportunity that presents itself.” I think Mac did a decent job at CU, but it’s just a hard place to win consistently. 

Let me know the next time Colorado contends for a pac12 championship. I think I’ll be waiting awhile. Mac was the best thing to ever happen to that place.

You can say he failed, but he made a ton of money. And he showed his coaching ability. He’s going to have a coordinator job as long as he wants one. 

Brennan may love it in San Jose, he may feel loyalty to the university for taking a chance on him and because his parents are alums, he may be sincere about wanting to work with kids the p5 didn’t want and turning them into ballers on and off the field, but they throw that bag of cash at you, and you’d have to be crazy to turn it down. You don’t go through the stress and long hours and emotional turmoil - seriously, do you know what kind of a toll it takes on the human psyche to ask young men to sacrifice their bodies for you? Knowing full well that their promising futures could be snuffed out on any given play? I imagine that’s really hard - of being a head coach just to be underpaid. The “I’m never gonna sell out to the man” types usually don’t become football coaches.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Let me know the next time Colorado contends for a pac12 championship. I think I’ll be waiting awhile. Mac was the best thing to ever happen to that place.

You can say he failed, but he made a ton of money. And he showed his coaching ability. He’s going to have a coordinator job as long as he wants one. 

Brennan may love it in San Jose, he may feel loyalty to the university for taking a chance on him and because his parents are alums, he may be sincere about wanting to work with kids the p5 didn’t want and turning them into ballers on and off the field, but they throw that bag of cash at you, and you’d have to be crazy to turn it down. You don’t go through the stress and long hours and emotional turmoil - seriously, do you know what kind of a toll it takes on the human psyche to ask young men to sacrifice their bodies for you? Knowing full well that their promising futures could be snuffed out on any given play? I imagine that’s really hard - of being a head coach just to be underpaid. The “I’m never gonna sell out to the man” types usually don’t become football coaches.

I wasn’t trying to shit on Mac, I’m still a fan of his. I say he did a decent job because coaches are always judged on wins and losses, but I think he did about as good a job as you can at CU; it’s a tough place to win consistently. My point was that Brennan should avoid taking a job like that where the odds are so stacked against you long term. If he sticks around a couple more years and keeps winning he can get a P5 job where he’ll have a chance to build up a consistent winner. 

19 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I wasn’t trying to shit on Mac, I’m still a fan of his. I say he did a decent job because coaches are always judged on wins and losses, but I think he did about as good a job as you can at CU; it’s a tough place to win consistently. My point was that Brennan should avoid taking a job like that where the odds are so stacked against you long term. If he sticks around a couple more years and keeps winning he can get a P5 job where he’ll have a chance to build up a consistent winner. 

I see him as a bit of a pj fleck type. The perfect job for him is some place that’s been historically average with fewer resources that’s willing to be patient. Maybe Oregon state? Not sure how they feel about their current coach but a program like that would be really fortunate to have him. 

I need him to take us to a cotton bowl first though.