Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Trumpistan losing its mind thread

47 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

I am talking about the Torah or first five books of the Bible or the Jewish bible!  Everything after that is new bible, written by prophecy. 
think about how Americans view our history? Nothing happened in America’s prior to Columbus ! But scholars know that’s BS!  
same as the old and new bible just not as dramatic! I think the Bible is a good guide to how to live life but it has issues. 
i challenge u to read about the sumerians cuniaform and early events in the history of the earth.

you will come to understand that the Indians weren’t the first in the America’s!

let me know how it goes

Well you responded to a post concerning the Book of Revelations. 

As far as the rest of your post, I’m pretty familiar with history of the Near East and very familiar with North American prehistory and my conclusion is you’re bonkers. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

4 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

You might let that person know it’s Revelation.  The Book of Revelation.  

Revelations are the discrete, revealed secrets of @halfmanhalfbronco.

I'd read that book. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

impeach donald trump GIF by Bubble Punk

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Agnostic (= not sure) is the natural middle point for religion. You can’t definitively prove that God does or doesn’t exist. Taking a leap of faith to support one or the other is a religion. Some don’t think atheism is a religion, but it is. Atheist groups tend to have members where as young kids, religion was a part of something miserable in their life. Some had to go to strict catholic school and they just learned to hate everything about it, a kids father was abusive behind closed doors, but at church pretended to be the greatest guy, etc. etc. They blame religion for their pain and that God wasn’t there to protect him. 

Can anyone?  

Wow, so we're actually all Agnostic then!

Evidence of absence is evidence of any kind that suggests something is missing or that it does not exist.

Per the traditional aphorism, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", positive evidence of this kind is distinct from a lack of evidence or ignorance[1] of that which should have been found already, had it existed

7 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Just ripped this off the local sub Reddit  laugh.gif

i5x9j2eyeox51.jpg

You and I both know if the R's win the House in '22, they're going to impeach.

The Tea Party are an awful lot 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Wing nut conspiracies will be amazing !! 

This is what happens when you defund public schools.

Americans Mayor

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The New Testament isn’t really history. It chronicles a very small time period. The Book of Revelation is certainly not history. It’s John’s vision of the future end of the world. 

I thought his vision was the end of the Roman Empire. Could be wrong. I can see it being interpreted both ways.

Most modern research has indicated the early books of the NT were Roman creations to propagandize the Jews into obedience. "Give to God what is God's and to Caeser what is Caesers." Turning the other cheek, etc.

The irony is, the Jews rejected it and the rest of the Empire bought it.

The irony of the Neo-Christian right is they believe in the Second Coming and Revelations, but don't realize that DJT is their Anti-Christ.

Americans Mayor

Just now, grandjean87 said:

More to it than the Apocalypse. 

Certainly. But I was reacting to a post that described the Bible as history but then Revelation was the only book mentioned. I was mainly trying to point out it was a prediction, not a chronicle. 

57 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

You and I both know if the R's win the House in '22, they're going to impeach.

The Tea Party are an awful lot 

Not going to happen.  Cocaine Mitch is going to go back to his obstructionist's playbook and piss off more of the voting base (assuming the GA gameplan goes in his favor).  People are burnt out on the "Grim Reaper" schtick.   The house isn't going to flip in the midterm to prevent the "Turtle" from carrying out his "final solution".  On another note, I hope the Dems retire Nancy.  She has become the poison pill for the Democratic Party.

This is not what I was hoping for

:hijack:

I wanted humor !

Vids and tweets of Trumpistan blowing a gasket.

:foottap:

Americans Mayor

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

This is not what I was hoping for

:hijack:

I wanted humor !

Vids and tweets of Trumpistan blowing a gasket.

:foottap:

Wish granted!

Chin Diaper Man.

947ff5212b2947d694aef93d9e5b2526

A trump ISIS recruit and his wife/servant

Protests_Election_Arizona_2020_5.jpg

Conservative forced child workers, when not attending reprogramming school.

stop-the-steal-800x534.jpg

14 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Certainly. But I was reacting to a post that described the Bible as history but then Revelation was the only book mentioned. I was mainly trying to point out it was a prediction, not a chronicle. 

Yeh. I got the gist of the thread responses.  No theology degree here, but Revelation is a lot deeper than a symbolic prediction of the future and end times.  Too many years since I studied Revelation so perhaps I should brush up, but it can be interpreted on one level as a story of hope through struggle. I think it has better meaning in that. 

17 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Yeh. I got the gist of the thread responses.  No theology degree here, but Revelation is a lot deeper than a symbolic prediction of the future and end times.  Too many years since I studied Revelation so perhaps I should brush up, but it can be interpreted on one level as a story of hope through struggle. I think it has better meaning in that. 

You could be right. I’m not religious anymore, but was brought in a pretty old-school Calvinist setting. The emphasis was definitely on the Apocalypse.