Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

What is your Political Party Registration?

What Party?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Votr!

• Republican
    • Democratic
    • Libertarian
    • Green
    • Constitution
    • Not Party Affiliated (Independent)
    • Other (Please Define)

I'm curious what everyone's actual registered political party is.

I left it as a private poll so people could have some privacy if they don't want to publicly announce what party they're a member of.

As for me, I was a member of the GOP from 2000-2003, and then left after the invasion of Iraq. I've been non-party affiliated ever since, except for a brief membership in the Libertarian Party. 

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I left it as a private poll so people could have some privacy if they don't want to publicly announce what party they're a member of.

As for me, I was a member of the GOP from 2000-2003, and then left after the invasion of Iraq. I've been non-party affiliated ever since, except for a brief membership in the Libertarian Party. 

My story is pretty much the same except no time as a registered Libertarian.  

18 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I was a registered republican until 2016. Reregistered democrat for that 2018 and 2020 elections because that is the only way I have any say in the local politicians - (whoever wins the democratic primary wins the office).

Independent. But after Trump, I'm probably done with voting for the GOP on any level for the rest of my life. Many millennials feel the same.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

I was a Democrat when I was in college and most of my twenties. And then a Republican after that through my thirties, up until 2000. I've been an Independent ever since and will probably remain so until I die. The two party system is a joke, they refuse to work together on pretty much everything. It's mostly biased BS fueled by deep pocket lobbyist$.

49 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

I was in the GOP because I was fooled into thinking they somehow still practiced Eisenhower style policies. Boy was I wrong. Now I'm Indy.

Lol

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Free agent, baybeeeeee!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I registered as a Republican for this latest prImary simply to vote against Trump. I cast my vote for Weld. Now that the shit stain is gone, I’ll re-register as a Libertarian again. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I was a registered Democrat for the 2008 election, switched to Republican for 2012 then left the party when Trump took office in 2016 and I've been Independent ever since.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I registered as a Dem so I could vote for Yang in the primaries and never switched back. I will be switching back to non-partisan soon. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater