Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyovanian

Border War Game Thread

In the end, I was pleasantly surprised to see Addazio’s squad deliver a #SuperiorLifestyle version of BohlBall and surprised to see the Team from up North deliver their own brand of #BoboBall.

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Easy now......  I'm all for letting Vigen go and I am critical of Bohl for being too loyal to Vigen.  But, under coach Bohl Wyoming football is in a far better place than it has been for decades.  Save for a season here and there prior to Bohl Cowboy football has been a dumpster fire since the formation of the MWC.

This loss was more on the players than the coaches in my opinion.  Postgame interview Levi Williams said it best........

“It pissed me off, frankly. We should’ve won this game. We shot ourselves in the foot way too many times: stupid penalties, not finishing in the red zone, miscommunication with personnel.”

I think we've hit the ceiling under Bohl if he is truly calling the shots. If he's simply not holding Vigen accountable, I question his executive ability. Sure, he's better than Christensen and Koenning, but so far not much better than Glenn, and Glenn cost a lot less...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Guest #1Stunner

Craig Bohl is 62 years old.

Good coach.   But he probably isn't going to improve Wyoming much.

Maybe Wyoming should try and find a young, up and comer.

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Craig Bohl is 62 years old.

Good coach.   But he probably isn't going to improve Wyoming much.

Maybe Wyoming should try and find a young, up and comer.

Brent Vigen is only 45. Maybe they should promote him.

Guest #1Stunner

Craig Bohl tenure at Wyoming:

Wyoming Cowboys (Mountain West Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Wyoming 4–8 2–6 T–5th (Mountain)      
2015 Wyoming 2–10 2–6 6th (Mountain)      
2016 Wyoming 8–6 6–2 T–1st (Mountain) L Poinsettia    
2017 Wyoming 8–5 5–3 T–2nd (Mountain) W Famous Idaho Potato    
2018 Wyoming 6–6 4–4 3rd (Mountain)      
2019 Wyoming 8–5 4–4 4th (Mountain) W Arizona    
2020 Wyoming 1–2 1–2        
Wyoming: 37–42 24–27

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Brent Vigen is only 45. Maybe they should promote him.

Maybe.   But seems like they could get a guy with head coaching experience. 

55 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

I think we've hit the ceiling under Bohl if he is truly calling the shots. If he's simply not holding Vigen accountable, I question his executive ability. Sure, he's better than Christensen and Koenning, but so far not much better than Glenn, and Glenn cost a lot less...

Another problem is who can Wyoming hire that is going to do any better?  And if they do hire someone that is better will they stay?  Bohl looks to me like he would be happy finishing his career at UW.  I hear and to some extent share your frustration but I think it is highly unlikely Wyoming can find a better coach than Craig Bohl.

Pokes actually outgained the sheep in passing and rushing yards during the game. 144 rushing, 321 passing. And even time of possession. So, take away even one of those turnovers, and even with all those other blunders during the game, things go very different. Its not what happened, but its there. It was just a bad game on our side last night. It sucks, don't get me wrong. But I can't fully fault even Vigen for this (and I usually come on him pretty hard). I wasn't a big fan of some of the playcalling, but some of the execution simply was not there that had been there even against Nevada.

Boggles my mind when Wyoming fans want Bohl gone. You’re Wyoming...you have the worst recruiting footprint of all FBS schools by a long margin...

Solid is Wyoming’s ceiling. Zero shot in hell the Pokes ever find someone better than Bohl.  I hope you guys fire him

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

9 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Pokes actually outgained the sheep in passing and rushing yards during the game. 144 rushing, 321 passing. And even time of possession. So, take away even one of those turnovers, and even with all those other blunders during the game, things go very different. Its not what happened, but its there. It was just a bad game on our side last night. It sucks, don't get me wrong. But I can't fully fault even Vigen for this (and I usually come on him pretty hard). I wasn't a big fan of some of the playcalling, but some of the execution simply was not there that had been there even against Nevada.

Your first couple of sentences pretty much define #BoboBall.  We had 700 yards against Toledo last year and still lost.

29 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Another problem is who can Wyoming hire that is going to do any better?  And if they do hire someone that is better will they stay?  Bohl looks to me like he would be happy finishing his career at UW.  I hear and to some extent share your frustration but I think it is highly unlikely Wyoming can find a better coach than Craig Bohl.

I guess I just have a higher vision. I don't buy the whole "We're only Wyoming" bullsh-t.

I don't settle for "good enough".

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

10 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

F-ck Vigen and f-ck Bohl. Time for the next coach that can get us to the next level. This guy isn't it.

If Boise State loses to bwhineu tonight, there will be a lot of Boise State fans clamouring for Harsin to be fired.....

down in a hole.jpg

I would be thrilled if Wyoming fired Bohl. If for some reason they did (they won't), do you know who would be the perfect hire? Jim McElwain. I think he could exceed what Bohl has done and getting him back into the MW would be awesome.

28 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

Rammies came out ready to play....playing catch-up on the road isn’t going to work out very often.  Good game and good luck the rest of the way.BAF70B79-8211-4D24-93AA-DEA927EF2367.jpeg.517e78bf25c865f699e4c6a10c31faf8.jpeg

Maybe the Pokes shouldn’t have mailed it in.