Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyovanian

Border War Game Thread

Been awhile since we won one of these... more relieved than anything.

Wyoming looked a lot like recent CSU teams out there, tons of bone-headed plays. I loved it.

CSU defense looking a lot like Heater's defense we saw at Marshall. Lots of chaos in the opponent's backfield coming from different places. We'll give up some big plays, but I prefer it over the "rush 4 and keep everything in front of you" type defense.

Addazio 1-0 in trophy games! Brilliant hire!!!

3 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Been awhile since we won one of these... more relieved than anything.

Wyoming looked a lot like recent CSU teams out there, tons of bone-headed plays. I loved it.

CSU defense looking a lot like Heater's defense we saw at Marshall. Lots of chaos in the opponent's backfield coming from different places. We'll give up some big plays, but I prefer it over the "rush 4 and keep everything in front of you" type defense.

Addazio 1-0 in trophy games! Brilliant hire!!!

First time in 4 years CSU has played all 60 minutes like it was a rivalry game and I love it.

BOOT!

25 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

Looks like the new CSU coaching staff has taken some interest in the importance of the Border War. After four years of Mike "every game is a rivalry" Bobo, this is great to see.

Wyoming was playing #BoboBall with all the turnovers and penalties.

6 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Speaking of injuries, I hear Ram Pride might be out for the season...

6 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I'll be better prepared to address that statement once I figure-out where The Boot will live for the next 365-days.

Our Ram Pride could improve a lil', however I'm content where it's at:

52F02CE1-1E88-4547-8A89-108EE16F6306.jpeg

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

Congrats rams.  This one always hurts more

1 hour ago, SLCPoke said:

We wanted to keep the rivalry alive. It was getting too one sided. 

1 hour ago, Subcanis said:

Enjoy the boot Rams. You straight whipped our ass.  Congrats. 

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Good game Rams.  Cowboys made too many mistakes.  Some to your credit forced but far too many unforced.  Y'all took advantage and won.

GOOD GAME Cowboys

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Good game Rams.  Cowboys made too many mistakes.  Some to your credit forced but far too many unforced.  Y'all took advantage and won.

F-ck Vigen and f-ck Bohl. Time for the next coach that can get us to the next level. This guy isn't it.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

7 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

F-ck Vigen and f-ck Bohl. Time for the next coach that can get us to the next level. This guy isn't it.

Easy now......  I'm all for letting Vigen go and I am critical of Bohl for being too loyal to Vigen.  But, under coach Bohl Wyoming football is in a far better place than it has been for decades.  Save for a season here and there prior to Bohl Cowboy football has been a dumpster fire since the formation of the MWC.

This loss was more on the players than the coaches in my opinion.  Postgame interview Levi Williams said it best........

“It pissed me off, frankly. We should’ve won this game. We shot ourselves in the foot way too many times: stupid penalties, not finishing in the red zone, miscommunication with personnel.”

39 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Easy now......  I'm all for letting Vigen go and I am critical of Bohl for being too loyal to Vigen.  But, under coach Bohl Wyoming football is in a far better place than it has been for decades.  Save for a season here and there prior to Bohl Cowboy football has been a dumpster fire since the formation of the MWC.

Vigen follows Bohls conservative offensive philosophy. Firing Vigen won’t help. Bohl will just dictate policy to whomever replaces Vigen. 

Bohl is a very good coach and will always keep Wyoming competitive. However, I’m not sure if he can take the next step until he modifies his offensive philosophy. He reminds me a lot of Rocky Long who was stubborn that way. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Vigen follows Bohls conservative offensive philosophy. Firing Vigen won’t help. Bohl will just hire another like him. 

Maybe, maybe not.  My argument still holds.  Wyoming football is in a good place with coach Bohl.

Under coach Bohl Wyoming is among the lowest in penalties in the MWC.  They were not last night.

Under coach Bohl Wyoming doesn't turn the ball over often.  They did last night.

It's a rivalry game and $hit happens.  Give CSU credit they took advantage of Wyomings mistakes last night.

Hey pooped on Wyoming

Sucks to be the poop and pee

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250