Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPslograd

Exiting the Trump era

Just now, soupslam1 said:

It’s going to be entertaining watching Creepy Joe deal with that bunch. If he joins them he’s going to lose moderate Democrats that got him elected. 

Large cities with large black populations won him WI, GA, and PA and won him the election.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Pretty much. Everyone should just stop engaging him. He's, I'm being absolutely serious here, mentally retarded or about aged 10-14.

It might be easier for you Bob.  You are very close to the acceptance stage of Dr K Ross, so keep it up.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Don’t do Retro like that.

Retro is the biggest hopeless partisan hack I've ever come across, and I'm being serious. His TDS-Q and the time he spends here is off the chart. There's some people near him, but he's the worst. They're both different, but Retro deserves to have Akkula as his traveling partner. Akkula sure is taking his time with his plan to start his own communist country. 

kat.jpg

29 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Retro is the biggest hopeless partisan hack I've ever come across, and I'm being serious. His TDS-Q and the time he spends here is off the chart. There's some people near him, but he's the worst. They're both different, but Retro deserves to have Akkula as his traveling partner. Akkula sure is taking his time with his plan to start his own communist country. 

Awright Convert, so what do you think?  How does this play out?

My guess is it goes on for several weeks.  Remember, FL went on for a month.  But that eventually Biden is determined to have won the election.

But how does this play out over time on our side?  The Lincoln Project idiots, have no consituency, they were just useful idiots for the Left.  And Romney is marginalized and irrelevant too.  By piling on Trump right now, they are damning themselves with Republican voters.  Rush, Ingraham, and Hannity are bitter enders who will be with Trump to the end of this.  

The question, is when do the republicans that matter cut bait?  McConnel, McCarthy, Rubio, Cruz, DeSantis..., all those guys.  The latter 3 all have presidential aspirations, so they have to be very careful or they cut their own throat.  Do it too soon, and you're a dead man walking in the primaries.  Do it too late, and they leave themselves open to possible problems depending on Trumps standing a couple years from now (within the right).  My guess is they cut bait when the Turtle tells them it's time.

What about the Trumpster, will he run again in 3 years?

21 hours ago, CPslograd said:

These phucking idiots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-video/mmvo95341125539

Them and people like MCain voting against Obamacare repeal have done so much damage to the party and to their own political cause.

The polls show that ~78% of Americans don't want the Affordable Care Act touched yet you think those guys are phucking idiots?

6 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The polls show that ~78% of Americans don't want the Affordable Care Act touched yet you think those guys are phucking idiots?

Yes, self important idiots.  But useful fools for the left.

Btw, your statement on Obamacare is horseshit.  And irrelevant regarding the Lincoln Project as well.

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/5-charts-about-public-opinion-on-the-affordable-care-act-and-the-supreme-court/

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Btw, your statement on Obamacare is horseshit.  And irrelevant regarding the Lincoln Project as well.

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/5-charts-about-public-opinion-on-the-affordable-care-act-and-the-supreme-court/

I don’t think it is as irrelevant as you think.   A reasonable chance exists that the Supreme Court throws out pre-existing conditions.  If they also overturn Roe v Wade as many on the right hope I expect you will see another wave going after Republican Senators.  

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I was a little high but your point was what a bunch of "phucking idiots" those anti-Trump Republicans were for not joining the Moscow MItch bunch in trying to strike down the law.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/09/29/obamacare-support-polling-supreme-court/https://morningconsult.com/2020/09/29/obamacare-support-polling-supreme-court/

MY point is to ask how can you label them as such when more than 6 in 10 Americans oppose the Moscow Mitches of your party on that?

8 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I was a little high but your point was what a bunch of "phucking idiots" those anti-Trump Republicans were for not joining the Moscow MItch bunch in trying to strike down the law.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/09/29/obamacare-support-polling-supreme-court/https://morningconsult.com/2020/09/29/obamacare-support-polling-supreme-court/

MY point is to ask how can you label them as such when more than 6 in 10 Americans oppose the Moscow Mitches of your party on that?

Well, first of all, I don't have the faith in polls you seem to have.

Secondly, even if I were to stipulate that the majority of Americans favor ACA, that doesn't mean a majority republicans do.

Thirdly, the Lincoln Project is a bunch of spurned Conservative elites, bitter about their loss of influence within the Party.  They didn't just sit this one out, they literally campaigned for Biden.  Then they release a "vision" for a new Republican party while votes are still being counted in a very close election?  They have no support on the right, they are just a prop for the democrats to use.

Why are you focusing on ACA in regards to the Lincoln Project?

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

I am not convert, but I'd think it would be political suicide to abandon Trump at this hour if you are a Republican still hoping to hold office in the future. Why risk alienating yourself to his many die hard supporters. Imo, trying to become as much like him politically as possible would be the best course of action. Trump's policies and bravado, minus the bad personal shit seems like a winning combination

I agree in the short term.  But Trump will fight this lost cause forever, and at some point people will have to jump ship or go down with it.

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Well, first of all, I don't have the faith in polls you seem to have.

Secondly, even if I were to stipulate that the majority of Americans favor ACA, that doesn't mean a majority republicans do.

Thirdly, the Lincoln Project is a bunch of spurned Conservative elites, bitter about their loss of influence within the Party.  They didn't just sit this one out, they literally campaigned for Biden.  Then they release a "vision" for a new Republican party while votes are still being counted in a very close election?  They have no support on the right, they are just a prop for the democrats to use.

Why are you focusing on ACA in regards to the Lincoln Project?

You're a good guy and after several days of major stress over the presidential election I can finally relax so I apologize for still being in argument mode and even having started the debate in the first place.

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I agree in the short term.  But Trump will fight this lost cause forever, and at some point people will have to jump ship or go down with it.

I'd say both parties have some looking in the mirror to do.

A good start would be for the Dems in the House to replace their leader and for the Repubs in the Senate to do the same.

20 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

What if Trump just starts his own Trump party and goes full on Ross Perot in 2024? 

He probably starts Trump TV too. This hillbilly horseshit is a long ways from being over. 

I speculated this a few days ago too. He reminds me of a brainless Teddy Roosevelt. I could see him trying a Bull Moose-esque thing. Would probably be the most successful 3rd party movement ever if the R's don't have a good counter. Would guarantee whatever piece of meat the Dem's trot out would be elected.

Maybe he could get Bernie as his running mate. He'd gut both parties in one move. All guns legal, weed legal, prayer in school, walk back some civil rights, overturn Roe v Wade, free college and medicare for all. Be the party of Jesus, white bread and free shit.