Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

DING DONG LEGACY MEDIA IS DEAD

12 minutes ago, sebasour said:

You are spiking the football way too early. We're not gonna know who won til the end of the week

I'm thinking 60% chance Trump wins at this point. Regardless, media was calling a Biden landslide and clearly I'm not spiking the football early calling them liars. 

They said Texas was in play ffs

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 minutes ago, sebasour said:

You are spiking the football way too early. We're not gonna know who won til the end of the week

I think that already means they were lying to us. All the major media outlets said it wasn’t even going to be close. 

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s obvious most of the polls were way off also. I never want to hear someone quote a poll to me again. 

Which polls? Trump lead The RCP average in Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa, Texas, Georgia. He was only down 0.9 in Florida.

If he wins PA, WI, and MI, then there's grounds to mock a massive polling error, but that hasn't happened so far.

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Which polls? Trump lead The RCP average in Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa, Texas, Georgia. He was only down 0.9 in Florida.

If he wins PA, WI, and MI, then there's grounds to mock a massive polling error, but that hasn't happened so far.

I’m talking about all the polls quoted by the MSN. Most had Biden by ten points. Many on this board said it would be a landslide for Biden based on the polls. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

I’m talking about all the polls quoted by the MSN. Most had Biden by ten points. Many on this board said it would be a landslide for Biden based on the polls. 

This is why you look at averages and not outlier polls.

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

Even if Trump loses, they were all sooooooooo wrong. Nate Silver, the 538 guy that you guys have on the ceiling above your bed so you can look up to him, and pray to him. This morning he said that Biden has like a 78% chance to win, NY Times said 70% chance Biden wins FL. There was a recent poll in Wisconsin that had Biden +17 !!!!!!  And looking at what votes are left, Trump should win WI, and MI. 

There’s still 1 million votes to be counted in AZ, and many have said they called it too early. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, masterfrog said:

I think that already means they were lying to us. All the major media outlets said it wasn’t even going to be close. 

Lying is an important trait to look at......

:thumbsup:

Posted Image

One thing is for sure.  The media in this country is all consumed by and too reliant upon pollsters.  Of course they are only giving the voters what we want which are polls, Polls and more POLLS!  Time to step back, reevaluate and going forward here's hoping election coverage in the future is more about the candidates, their history and words and less about polls.  As long as this country is so evenly divided current polling techniques just aren't precise enough to predict election outcomes accurately.

12 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

FoxNews did the same yet you so surprisingly didn't mention them. :rolleyes:

The popular vote could easily come up to 3-4.  Trump is losing badly in major population coastal states.  But you had to know Trumpists were lying to pollsters who called.  But the numbers of anti Trumpers were still high enough that it appears Biden eeks out a close win.... possibly.  

people shouldn’t discount the potential for faithless electors to impact this race.   If people think violence is reasonable getting in as a faithless elector isn’t impossible.