Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Congratulations to President Elect Biden on a well deserved victory

Doesn't count. You need a Biden voter to undo the jinx.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

#Notmypresident #Resistance

Is that how that works?

Naw, you can just say Scranton is part of Kenya. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

8 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

#Notmypresident #Resistance

Is that how that works?

No you have to go with Kamala isn’t eligible to be vice president and demand her birth certificate. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

She did grow up in Canada....  

:hmmm:

I think Canada has been playing the long game with us for North American domination by sending us/influencing the not very best people.  Justin Bieber, Nickelback, Kamala Harris, Ted Cruz. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think Canada has been playing the long game with us for North American domination by sending us/influencing the not very best people.  Justin Bieber, Nickelback, Kamala Harris, Ted Cruz. 

They did send us Rush though. Neil Peart goes a long way for my good feelings about Canada. He's so good I can overlook how much they love eating poutine. 

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

They did send us Rush though. Neil Peart goes a long way for my good feelings about Canada. He's so good I can overlook how much they love eating poutine. 

Well a broken watch is right twice a day.  I’m going to attribute those outliers to this. 

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Tip of the iceberg. They're is a whole category of folk and country stars that are from Canada and most Americans have no idea.  

Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen...

19 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Tip of the iceberg. They're is a whole category of folk and country stars that are from Canada and most Americans have no idea.  

Let alone all the comedians...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Robby Robertson and Gordon Lightfoot

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor