Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Fan Attendance

46 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

1. It's a home game

2. BYU is still getting paid $200k as spelled out in the contract despite Boise State losing out on nearly all game day revenue.

3. This you?

Calling something 'lame' isn't even remotely comparable to making the effort of getting on Twitter and ranting the way that guy did. No. I am not that guy. In the end, it's not a big deal. Just would've been nice for some parents of the BYU players to be able to attend since Boise isn't a terribly long distance from many of the BYU parent's hometowns. This game really is about the players and having some family in attendance would be nice during a time where there's not much for many families to enjoy. 

And yes, I realize it's a home game for Boise State. Just like BYU's was a home game when they allowed some opposing family members for Texas State and Western Kentucky. 

18 minutes ago, TrueCoug said:

Calling something 'lame' isn't even remotely comparable to making the effort of getting on Twitter and ranting the way that guy did. No. I am not that guy. In the end, it's not a big deal. Just would've been nice for some parents of the BYU players to be able to attend since Boise isn't a terribly long distance from many of the BYU parent's hometowns. This game really is about the players and having some family in attendance would be nice during a time where there's not much for many families to enjoy. 

And yes, I realize it's a home game for Boise State. Just like BYU's was a home game when they allowed some opposing family members for Texas State and Western Kentucky. 

I read the thread on the Borg Board...my goodness some (most!) BYU fans are special!

This was a one-time exemption by the health department, allowing the approximately 1,000 fans in IF they get tested (with standards set by the health department, not just any test anywhere) and the test results are negative 72 hours in advance.

On the BYU board, someone said (paraphrasing), "If it's not worth getting upset about, just let 500-600 BYU fans in". While I see where he's coming from, the real solution if BYU tried to leverage a way for their fans to be allowed in, the health department would say, "Here's a solution...no fans at all!"

I actually question allowing any fans in at all. And there are a few more important things to whine about during a contested election and a pandemic!

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

1. It's a home game

2. BYU is still getting paid $200k as spelled out in the contract despite Boise State losing out on nearly all game day revenue.

3. This you?

Somebody's not happy Trump might lose and also displeased about wearing a mask if I were to hazard a guess! :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

I read the thread on the Borg Board...my goodness some (most!) BYU fans are special!

This was a one-time exemption by the health department, allowing the approximately 1,000 fans in IF they get tested (with standards set by the health department, not just any test anywhere) and the test results are negative 72 hours in advance.

On the BYU board, someone said (paraphrasing), "If it's not worth getting upset about, just let 500-600 BYU fans in". While I see where he's coming from, the real solution if BYU tried to leverage a way for their fans to be allowed in, the health department would say, "Here's a solution...no fans at all!"

I actually question allowing any fans in at all. And there are a few more important things to whine about during a contested election and a pandemic!

Don't apply the ranting to all BYU fans. Most understand this was a special exception granted by the state. We get it. 1100 is a small number as it is. Trying to accommodate opposing team's family members would be a nice-to-have but shouldn't be expected. Again, we get it. Don't assume all BYU fans don't understand this point. We get it. Personally, I like that BSU's players will have some supporters there in the stands. 

14 minutes ago, TrueCoug said:

Don't apply the ranting to all BYU fans. Most understand this was a special exception granted by the state. We get it. 1100 is a small number as it is. Trying to accommodate opposing team's family members would be a nice-to-have but shouldn't be expected. Again, we get it. Don't assume all BYU fans don't understand this point. We get it. Personally, I like that BSU's players will have some supporters there in the stands. 

No worries...I was just applying it to those ranting on their own board! 

And, IMHO, the BSU players might need some of that support after the game.  Just thinking this is probably the year BYU gets their win on The Blue.

14 minutes ago, TrueCoug said:

While all the Cougar fans are riled up over this, they forget that we could be playing someone else tomorrow.  For the life of me I don't know why, but we decided to accommodate them by playing them tomorrow on the Blue.  It's crazy, just like the bulk of the Cougar whiners.

28 minutes ago, TrueCoug said:

Oh...and a number of them were whining about blue uniforms on The Blue. Obviously it's moot since Boise State will be wearing black. But since all BSU fans have dealt with this from any number of programs here's some help: 

1) The players aren't watching it from a helicopter, they're at field level looking horizontally.

2) Also, I did the research a couple of years ago and Boise State's record at that point was actually better on green fields. Go figure.

3) The real thing to b*tch about with blue-on-blue is the film the coaches and players watch in preparation to play Boise State. That IS filmed at a higher perspective and I believe it was Fresno State's Pat Hill, while commenting that the blue-on-blue wasn't an advantage during the game, that it was sometimes difficult in the film room. I think we beat good old Pat the worst wearing orange unis on The Blue if I recall.