Jump to content
idkk

SJSU @ SDSU

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Fowl said:

First Downs          SJSU 16       SDSU 20

Total Yards           SJSU 298     SDSU 362

Time of Possession SJSU 23:52   SDSU 36:08

You forgot one stat:

Points                      SJSU 28           SDSU 17

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

I'll let you know after Nevada.

 

33 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Agreed.  They seem to have our number.  That will be a real test.... 

I’m having flashbacks to this classic from back in the day... Was on ABC IIRC

8CF8425F-EF64-4874-B363-5284E4ABBFE4.jpeg.e75459d4b1ad9bb07a29c2279fd65dc2.jpeg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fowl said:

First Downs          SJSU 16       SDSU 20

Total Yards           SJSU 298     SDSU 362

Time of Possession SJSU 23:52   SDSU 36:08

Skewed to the Aztecs, I'll admit, but turnovers played a big part of this game...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

 

I’m having flashbacks to this classic from back in the day... Was on ABC IIRC

8CF8425F-EF64-4874-B363-5284E4ABBFE4.jpeg.e75459d4b1ad9bb07a29c2279fd65dc2.jpeg

 

 

A compelling match-up between two 2-6 teams.  I (vaguely) recall being there...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a few thoughts:

* Brent Brennan appears to be the guy. This kind of win is the kind of win you get with good coaching. Every year he's improved, and now we have a pretty legit team. I'm on TheBrennanTrain. (should I change my SN?)

* The SJSU defense is a legit defense. 

*Tre Walker is a special player. Not just making big catches, but forcing a fumble on ST like a plebe. Chandler Jones used to do that, too. 

*Starkel is fitting in not only as a player, but as a member of the team/ Throughout the game, he was talking to his receivers and basically helping to coach up Nash. This goes back to coaching, but the culture at SJSU is impressive. These guys love each other, and a new QB from the SEC can come in and fit into this team. I'm very happy with the direction of this program.

*We're gonna +++++ Fresno four ways to Sunday when we play them. 

* I said this earlier, but I think this game mattered a lot to this team. We played SDSU close the last couple seasons. And before that, basically after Mac left they have been just pushing us around. Hasn't happened the last couple years, and didn't happen tonight.

*Nash impressed me. The offense will be in good hands with that guy in the next few years. And he didn't even run that much. 

 

MWC..... GET READY TO FEEL OUR THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Just a few thoughts:

* Brent Brennan appears to be the guy. This kind of win is the kind of win you get with good coaching. Every year he's improved, and now we have a pretty legit team. I'm on TheBrennanTrain. (should I change my SN?)

* The SJSU defense is a legit defense. 

*Tre Walker is a special player. Not just making big catches, but forcing a fumble on ST like a plebe. Chandler Jones used to do that, too. 

*Starkel is fitting in not only as a player, but as a member of the team/ Throughout the game, he was talking to his receivers and basically helping to coach up Nash. This goes back to coaching, but the culture at SJSU is impressive. These guys love each other, and a new QB from the SEC can come in and fit into this team. I'm very happy with the direction of this program.

*We're gonna +++++ Fresno four ways to Sunday when we play them. 

* I said this earlier, but I think this game mattered a lot to this team. We played SDSU close the last couple seasons. And before that, basically after Mac left they have been just pushing us around. Hasn't happened the last couple years, and didn't happen tonight.

*Nash impressed me. The offense will be in good hands with that guy in the next few years. And he didn't even run that much. 

 

MWC..... GET READY TO FEEL OUR THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could certainly see an attitude tonight with SJSU.  It surprised SDSU players, and I think it actually altered some mindstates to overreact during the game and shifted the emotional mindshare we typically have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You could certainly see an attitude tonight with SJSU.  It surprised SDSU players, and I think it actually altered some mindstates to overreact during the game and shifted the emotional mindshare we typically have.

Brennan is an offense guy, but his early mentor was Tomey. And Tomey never had defenses that backed down from anyone. I always thought that's why Brennan seems to admire Rocky Long so much. That dude kinda reminds me of Tomey. 

Well, and because Rocky is a bad mfer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Brennan is an offense guy, but his early mentor was Tomey. And Tomey never had defenses that backed down from anyone. I always thought that's why Brennan seems to admire Rocky Long so much. That dude kinda reminds me of Tomey. 

I think the aggressive pressure was perfect against us.  Teams that do that and run a lot of stunts on defense give us the most trouble.  FSU, Wyo, S Alabama, Cal all used it and swallowed up lanes.  You have to have the talent and you have to have the discipline, and that showed tonight.  This why I was really hoping Jack Sears would have stayed.  It's much easier to be successful with that when the QB is limited.  It was an in impressive scheme tonight.  Forget what Fowl says, y'all earned the win, and it isn't because either of us are terrible.  Two good teams played, y'all won.

Best of luck to SJSU moving forward.

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

I think the aggressive pressure was perfect against us.  Teams that do that and run a lot of stunts on defense give us the most trouble.  FSU, Wyo, S Alabama, Cal all used it and swallowed up lanes.  You have to have the talent and you have to have the discipline, and that showed tonight.  This why I was really hoping Jack Sears would have stayed.  It's much easier to be successful with that when the QB is limited.  It was an in impressive scheme tonight.  Forget what Fowl says, y'all earned the win, and it isn't because either of us are terrible.  Two good teams played, y'all won.

Best of luck to SJSU moving forward.

Beating you guys in the MWC has been like climbing Everest. Hell, we probably have a worse record in the last 20 years against Nevada but we at least have beat them since joining the conference. 

We'll see you next year in San Jose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Beating you guys in the MWC has been like climbing Everest. Hell, we probably have a worse record in the last 20 years against Nevada but we at least have beat them since joining the conference. 

We'll see you next year in San Jose. 

Revenge...

 

:cheers:

  • Cheers 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Just a few thoughts:

* Brent Brennan appears to be the guy. This kind of win is the kind of win you get with good coaching. Every year he's improved, and now we have a pretty legit team. I'm on TheBrennanTrain. (should I change my SN?)

* The SJSU defense is a legit defense. 

*Tre Walker is a special player. Not just making big catches, but forcing a fumble on ST like a plebe. Chandler Jones used to do that, too. 

*Starkel is fitting in not only as a player, but as a member of the team/ Throughout the game, he was talking to his receivers and basically helping to coach up Nash. This goes back to coaching, but the culture at SJSU is impressive. These guys love each other, and a new QB from the SEC can come in and fit into this team. I'm very happy with the direction of this program.

*We're gonna +++++ Fresno four ways to Sunday when we play them. 

* I said this earlier, but I think this game mattered a lot to this team. We played SDSU close the last couple seasons. And before that, basically after Mac left they have been just pushing us around. Hasn't happened the last couple years, and didn't happen tonight.

*Nash impressed me. The offense will be in good hands with that guy in the next few years. And he didn't even run that much. 

 

MWC..... GET READY TO FEEL OUR THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with all this. The most impressive thing tonight was no one flinched when starkel went down. The team had Nash’s back the whole way, helped him settle in, and made plays for him. Past Spartan teams would have rolled over. Brennan is impressive. I apologize publicly for calling for him to be fired after year two.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Beating you guys in the MWC has been like climbing Everest. 

Agreed!  Much respect to SDSU for being consistently good and showing the Cal State's how to do it.    I think that you've had a winning record every year for at least the last decade. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...