Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SJSU @ SDSU

24 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

A compelling match-up between two 2-6 teams.  I (vaguely) recall being there...

How that game between WAC bottom feeders made it on ABC was puzzling, then it became an absolute dog fight. Nate Burleson had 326 receiving yards and no touchdowns, that has to be some kind of record. 

Then there was Chance Kretschmer... and, well... +++++ BYU forever and ever. 

What’s the O/U on SJSU HC leaving after this season?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

What’s the O/U on SJSU HC leaving after this season?

I think that the only job he would leave for is UCLA, which is his alma mater. I don’t see it happening anytime soon. 

9 hours ago, SpartanDude said:

You forgot one stat:

Points                      SJSU 28           SDSU 17

And that's with our starting Qb knocked out of the game after 3 plays.  Sine he's putting out stats which team ended up with the most rushing yards? 

Here's another stat for you, Fowl: SJSU was limited to just 50 yards of offense in the first five series until Nash got his feet under himself and started believing that he could get the job done.  It's a hard thing coming off the bench cold and expecting a guy to perform at peak performance right away!

1 hour ago, SPARTOM said:

And that's with our starting Qb knocked out of the game after 3 plays.  Sine he's putting out stats which team ended up with the most rushing yards? 

Here's another stat for you, Fowl: SJSU was limited to just 50 yards of offense in the first five series until Nash got his feet under himself and started believing that he could get the job done.  It's a hard thing coming off the bench cold and expecting a guy to perform at peak performance right away!

I thought Nash was one of the reasons you guys won the game. Congrats!

Never understood the emphasis on time of possession. Let me guess. The players somehow get tired while standing on the field with the clock running while they wait for the next snap? Number of PLAYS is what matters.

But I digress. Major props to the Spartans and to Brennan, whom I criticized plenty his first two years - not for his demeanor, which was always excellent, but for his qualifications to be a HC. I was very wrong about the latter point.

Here's to SJSU winning out. You guys have some talent but most of all your team goes all out on every play and that's a credit to your staff.

17 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Agree with all this. The most impressive thing tonight was no one flinched when starkel went down. The team had Nash’s back the whole way, helped him settle in, and made plays for him. Past Spartan teams would have rolled over. Brennan is impressive. I apologize publicly for calling for him to be fired after year two.

Watching from afar it was apparent SJSU was getting better a couple of years ago under Brennen. Even though they were losing they were competitive and not blowouts.

The road wins over Arkansas and Army showed they were on the way back. Enjoy this season Spartan fans. Unfortunately Brennen  is going to leave the same as McIntire. 

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Watching from afar it was apparent SJSU was getting better a couple of years ago under Brennen. Even though they were losing they were competitive and not blowouts.

The road wins over Arkansas and Army showed they were on the way back. Enjoy this season Spartan fans. Unfortunately Brennen  is going to leave the same as McIntire. 

It’s doubtful Brennan will leave SJS anytime soon. He has close emotional ties to the university (both parents were alums), and the Athletic Administration and school president stood by him after the first two brutal seasons. He has continually made statements about wanting to be at the school a long time, and build the program into a winner. A change in the AD position might have an impact, as he is very close with Marie Tuite. Also, if UCLA, his alma mater, should come calling, he would look hard at that opportunity. Of greater concern is losing key members of his staff; specifically OC Kevin McGiven, DC Derrick Odom, QBC Ryan Gunderson, and Recruiting Coordinator/RB Alonzo Carter. If the season finishes well for SJS, I fully expect to see departures by some staff members.

Champ Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

It’s doubtful Brennan will leave SJS anytime soon. He has close emotional ties to the university (both parents were alums), and the Athletic Administration and school president stood by him after the first two brutal seasons. He has continually made statements about wanting to be at the school a long time, and build the program into a winner. A change in the AD position might have an impact, as he is very close with Marie Tuite. Also, if UCLA, his alma mater, should come calling, he would look hard at that opportunity. Of greater concern is losing key members of his staff; specifically OC Kevin McGiven, DC Derrick Odom, QBC Ryan Gunderson, and Recruiting Coordinator/RB Alonzo Carter. If the season finishes well for SJS, I fully expect to see departures by some staff members.

All G5 fans sadly want to believe that their successful head coach will stay. P5 schools can easily triple his salary. He may last another year, but like McIntire he’s gone if he gets an offer. 

You are correct about asst coaches. Boise State has lost three OCs and two DCs to P5 schools in Harsin’s five years at Boise State. Harsin will also be gone if he gets an offer and he’s a local Boise kid that grew up here. 

4 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Gunderson was supposedly in the running for Oregon OC this past offseason. I think he'll get some enticing offers if Starkel/Nash continue to have success this season.

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

All G5 fans sadly want to believe that their successful head coach will stay. P5 schools can easily triple his salary. He may last another year, but like McIntire he’s gone if he gets an offer. 

You are correct about asst coaches. Boise State has lost three OCs and two DCs to P5 schools in Harsin’s five years at Boise State. Harsin will also be gone if he gets an offer and he’s a local Boise kid that grew up here. 

Nobody thought Nick Rolovich would leave.  He's an alum, said all the right things, plus we didn't even think he won enough to get a good offer!  Suddenly he gets a salary offer for 5M a year (up from about 500k a year) and was gone.   Any human being would have been stupid to turn down that kind of money.  The thing with San Jose State is that it's considered such a bad job, anyone who can go like 10-2 there even for a year is considered a brilliant coach.  In an ideal world you have a bunch of 7-5 type seasons first.