Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SJSU @ SDSU

5 minutes ago, Fowl said:

First Downs          SJSU 16       SDSU 20

Total Yards           SJSU 298     SDSU 362

Time of Possession SJSU 23:52   SDSU 36:08

You forgot one stat:

Points                      SJSU 28           SDSU 17

45 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

I'll let you know after Nevada.

33 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Agreed.  They seem to have our number.  That will be a real test.... 

I’m having flashbacks to this classic from back in the day... Was on ABC IIRC

8CF8425F-EF64-4874-B363-5284E4ABBFE4.jpeg.e75459d4b1ad9bb07a29c2279fd65dc2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Fowl said:

First Downs          SJSU 16       SDSU 20

Total Yards           SJSU 298     SDSU 362

Time of Possession SJSU 23:52   SDSU 36:08

Skewed to the Aztecs, I'll admit, but turnovers played a big part of this game...

3 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

A compelling match-up between two 2-6 teams.  I (vaguely) recall being there...

Just a few thoughts:

* Brent Brennan appears to be the guy. This kind of win is the kind of win you get with good coaching. Every year he's improved, and now we have a pretty legit team. I'm on TheBrennanTrain. (should I change my SN?)

* The SJSU defense is a legit defense. 

*Tre Walker is a special player. Not just making big catches, but forcing a fumble on ST like a plebe. Chandler Jones used to do that, too. 

*Starkel is fitting in not only as a player, but as a member of the team/ Throughout the game, he was talking to his receivers and basically helping to coach up Nash. This goes back to coaching, but the culture at SJSU is impressive. These guys love each other, and a new QB from the SEC can come in and fit into this team. I'm very happy with the direction of this program.

*We're gonna +++++ Fresno four ways to Sunday when we play them. 

* I said this earlier, but I think this game mattered a lot to this team. We played SDSU close the last couple seasons. And before that, basically after Mac left they have been just pushing us around. Hasn't happened the last couple years, and didn't happen tonight.

*Nash impressed me. The offense will be in good hands with that guy in the next few years. And he didn't even run that much. 

MWC..... GET READY TO FEEL OUR THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

I miss the WAC

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Just a few thoughts:

* Brent Brennan appears to be the guy. This kind of win is the kind of win you get with good coaching. Every year he's improved, and now we have a pretty legit team. I'm on TheBrennanTrain. (should I change my SN?)

*Tre Walker is a special player. Not just making big catches, but forcing a fumble on ST like a plebe. Chandler Jones used to do that, too. 

*Starkel is fitting in not only as a player, but as a member of the team/ Throughout the game, he was talking to his receivers and basically helping to coach up Nash. This goes back to coaching, but the culture at SJSU is impressive. These guys love each other, and a new QB from the SEC can come in and fit into this team. I'm very happy with the direction of this program.

* I said this earlier, but I think this game mattered a lot to this team. We played SDSU close the last couple seasons. And before that, basically after Mac left they have been just pushing us around. Hasn't happened the last couple years, and didn't happen tonight.

*Nash impressed me. The offense will be in good hands with that guy in the next few years. And he didn't even run that much. 

You could certainly see an attitude tonight with SJSU.  It surprised SDSU players, and I think it actually altered some mindstates to overreact during the game and shifted the emotional mindshare we typically have.

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You could certainly see an attitude tonight with SJSU.  It surprised SDSU players, and I think it actually altered some mindstates to overreact during the game and shifted the emotional mindshare we typically have.

Brennan is an offense guy, but his early mentor was Tomey. And Tomey never had defenses that backed down from anyone. I always thought that's why Brennan seems to admire Rocky Long so much. That dude kinda reminds me of Tomey. 

Well, and because Rocky is a bad mfer

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Brennan is an offense guy, but his early mentor was Tomey. And Tomey never had defenses that backed down from anyone. I always thought that's why Brennan seems to admire Rocky Long so much. That dude kinda reminds me of Tomey. 

I think the aggressive pressure was perfect against us.  Teams that do that and run a lot of stunts on defense give us the most trouble.  FSU, Wyo, S Alabama, Cal all used it and swallowed up lanes.  You have to have the talent and you have to have the discipline, and that showed tonight.  This why I was really hoping Jack Sears would have stayed.  It's much easier to be successful with that when the QB is limited.  It was an in impressive scheme tonight.  Forget what Fowl says, y'all earned the win, and it isn't because either of us are terrible.  Two good teams played, y'all won.

Best of luck to SJSU moving forward.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

I think the aggressive pressure was perfect against us.  Teams that do that and run a lot of stunts on defense give us the most trouble.  FSU, Wyo, S Alabama, Cal all used it and swallowed up lanes.  You have to have the talent and you have to have the discipline, and that showed tonight.  This why I was really hoping Jack Sears would have stayed.  It's much easier to be successful with that when the QB is limited.  It was an in impressive scheme tonight.  Forget what Fowl says, y'all earned the win, and it isn't because either of us are terrible.  Two good teams played, y'all won.

Best of luck to SJSU moving forward.

Beating you guys in the MWC has been like climbing Everest. Hell, we probably have a worse record in the last 20 years against Nevada but we at least have beat them since joining the conference. 

We'll see you next year in San Jose. 

25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Just a few thoughts:

Agree with all this. The most impressive thing tonight was no one flinched when starkel went down. The team had Nash’s back the whole way, helped him settle in, and made plays for him. Past Spartan teams would have rolled over. Brennan is impressive. I apologize publicly for calling for him to be fired after year two.

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Beating you guys in the MWC has been like climbing Everest. 

Agreed!  Much respect to SDSU for being consistently good and showing the Cal State's how to do it.    I think that you've had a winning record every year for at least the last decade. 

4 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Agree with all this. The most impressive thing tonight was no one flinched when starkel went down. The team had Nash’s back the whole way, helped him settle in, and made plays for him. Past Spartan teams would have rolled over. Brennan is impressive. I apologize publicly for calling for him to be fired after year two.

This team also played with an edge tonight, but also kept their shit together. I feel like Osuna brought an edge last year, but he couldn't stay on the field because of that edge. These guys were not gonna be pushed around, But there weren't really any dumb penalties. Add their talent to that, and you got trouble for the conference.